what are the best Corsair RGB Fans

LamoidZombieDog
Go to solution Solved by GLD,

Im pretty sure the LL120s are Corsair's flagship fans.

i need 10 fans. im getting 2 commander pros for the fans, now i just need to find out which fans are the quietest with the best RGB look.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Specs

Ryzen 7 3700x | X570 Aorus Pro Wifi | 32GB (16x2) 16-16-16-36 G.Skill Trident Z RGB | MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2080ti

Just now, GLD said:

yeah i was looking at those, 24.8DB i think they might be the best ones. i need 10, so its going to cost me over 300$ in just the damn fans but oh well

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

yeah i was looking at those, 24.8DB i think they might be the best ones. i need 10, so its going to cost me over 300$ in just the damn fans but oh well

you could go scrapyard wars ghetto style and just wrap Christmas lights  (or rgb strips) around your pc lol

Specs

Ryzen 7 3700x | X570 Aorus Pro Wifi | 32GB (16x2) 16-16-16-36 G.Skill Trident Z RGB | MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2080ti

1 minute ago, GLD said:

you could go scrapyard wars ghetto style and just wrap Christmas lights  (or rgb strips) around your pc lol

i could do that, or i could waste 400$ on fucking fans

9 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Yup that's why I mainly go for longevity/quality over looks for fans and even then it's still hella expensive. My build cost me $180 before tax in fans and that's with no rgb and only 7 of them. The LL fans use a hydrodynamic bearing so that shouldn't be a problem with those.

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100
  • Sound: HyperX Headset

15 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

I just bought three of the LL120 fans. I do have to say they are pretty quite, the RGB looks great, etc. But I will say the amount of cables you need for them is insane. Idk if other RGB PWM fans are any better in that regard but between the fan hub, the rgb controller, and the cables to the fans themselves, its a lot to work with.

Another thing to keep in mind is IMO corsair's iCUE software sucks ass. Its so confusing I have no idea how it really works. I just used some exisiting rgb profiles, and never figured out how to adjust fan curves if thats possible.

2 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

I just bought three of the LL120 fans. I do have to say they are pretty quite, the RGB looks great, etc. But I will say the amount of cables you need for them is insane. Idk if other RGB PWM fans are any better in that regard but between the fan hub, the rgb controller, and the cables to the fans themselves, its a lot to work with.

Another thing to keep in mind is IMO corsair's iCUE software sucks ass. Its so confusing I have no idea how it really works. I just used some exisiting rgb profiles, and never figured out how to adjust fan curves if thats possible.

based on what i could see online the Program looked very good and had a lot of features, but i havent tried it so i cant really say

3 minutes ago, TheBahrbarian said:

I wouldn't say it sucks ass but it def could use improvements and tweaks. I find Corsair's RGB control, while more complicated to learn, way better than things like Aura Sync(which has very very limited options)

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100
  • Sound: HyperX Headset

3 minutes ago, NotSoEpicMods said:

I wouldn't say it sucks ass but it def could use improvements and tweaks. I find Corsair's RGB control, while more complicated to learn, way better than things like Aura Sync(which has very very limited options)

Yeah idk personally I just found it very un-intuitive, especially for software coming from a company as big as Corsair. It just feels like an old program, and there are definitely better/cleaner looking rgb programs out there. But I will agree the program seems to have a ton of capability as far as customization, I just can't figure out how to really use it and don't have the time to put into learning it right now.