[PA] DT990 Pro, HD58x or Fidelio X2HR?

RonnieV
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,

For a pure gaming standpoint the 990 or the 58x wins. The 990 has the treble spikes yes but they help with locating footsteps or other details in games. Imaging with them are excellent like other beyerdynamic headphones with a wide soundstage giving you a very accurate placement where they are I play a lot of siege and this isy choise as say I'm playing anchor and defending a point a wide soundstage can help priotise and angle over being overwhelmed with sound  cues. The 58x is a more intimate headphone but imaging is excellent. It's very good when you need to know which direction to look at right away in a fast game like quake or black ops 4 where anyone can pop out of anywhere. 

The Fidelios a re great of games where you want complete emmersion wide soundstage very musical headphone for soundtracks. Not enough treble and too much bass for competitive. Imaging which is more important than soundstage is the weakest out of the 3 headphones. Instead of highlighting footsteps you get more explosions and your own gunshots

DT990 pro vs Sennheiser HD58x vs Fidelio X2HR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. DT990 pro vs Sennheiser HD58x vs Fidelio X2HR

• DT990 pro
    • Sennheiser HD58x
    • Fidelio X2HR

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Iems have a placein my heart for isolation adn straight up agression I love to listen to them but as much as I want them to improve soundstage wise until they do I dont think I will ever use them for gaming. 

For what are iems used? In-ears? I have the Marshall EQ and it's pretty shit. As earbuds I have the Sony MDR E818LP, they are not in-ears and only that one has a place in my heart. But isolation? Like blocking/reducing ambient sounds?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

33 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

For what are iems used? In-ears? I have the Marshall EQ and it's pretty shit. As earbuds I have the Sony MDR E818LP, they are not in-ears and only that one has a place in my heart. But isolation? Like blocking/reducing ambient sounds?

Yes and the more narrow presentation is great for more hype music. Or when I'm at work and need to concentrate. I'm testing out some earbuds Right now actually. The are lavender pure class A made by hand by a guy in Thailand earbuds have been a big interest for me recently

IMG_20200409_000651.jpg