i think i managed to fuck up my k95 plat mx speed

ultilol

So, I decided to clean up the keyboard because I watched Linus video dishwashing it but I didn't go that far lol

I took all caps out and I dusted it with a brush and cloth(was little wet) and also turned it upside down so dust etc would come out and cat hair.

10 mins later I put the keys back which was the hardest part and plugged it back in while notepad was open just to see I ****ed it up

the keys are typing randomly, and if I press any key random chars are being typed more lol

should I just put it in the sunlight for 1-2 days or is it dead

I think i am ****ed

What is probably happening is some water has found it way onto the PCB (the motherboard of the keyboard) and is bridging some connection, which is making the keyboard think you are typing multiple letters when pressing just one.

Worst case scenario, it could turn into oxidation, which is not good.. Best case scenario, letting it dry off more is going to fix it.

I am not sure what to suggest you, as I am not sure if the heat will only dry off the water, or if it can screw up some plastics too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That why you use dry cloth when cleaning electronic components.
Because if you use damp cloth you scrub on a corner it will puch out water droplets. And if theres dirt in those droplets it will interfere with electronics. like rust more then short-circuiting.

Solution, open up the keyboard make it dry. And hope for the best.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!