13" Laptop needed for photo/light video editing

I'm struggling to find a laptop to fit my needs for travelling. Although there is plenty that fit the bill, I'm just too swamped for choice as the configurations are endless. From the Dell XPS 13 to Razor Blade Stealth. The price is all over the place too, often being like a £400 difference for the same specs. Like what's the catch?

Ideal specs:

Minimum 1080 display with accurate colours

i5/i7 quad core or Ryzen equivalent

16gb ram maybe 8 at a push

Somewhat decent graphics, as long as it gets the job done. No gaming.

the difference between the razer and the dell is things like visuals and keyboard/touchpad feels. And razer apparently breakes down easily after a few years if not earlier.

The dell xps 13 i think just recently got a slight design change, might have been mentioned in a ltt/techquickie video.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Welcome to the forums

Are you buying in UK? Budget? Any preferences on weight, battery life and display size?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I would suggest the 13-inch MacBook Pro, but it depends on whether or not you like the keyboard (the reliability improved with the last update, the feel is the same).  In an ideal world you'd hold until Apple updated it with the keyboard from the 16-inch model... but if you like the feel of the current keyboard, go for it.

After that?  The XPS 13 was just updated and could do the trick, although you may actually need the older model if you want a six-core CPU instead of four cores.

29 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I would suggest the 13-inch MacBook Pro, but it depends on whether or not you like the keyboard (the reliability improved with the last update, the feel is the same).  In an ideal world you'd hold until Apple updated it with the keyboard from the 16-inch model... but if you like the feel of the current keyboard, go for it.

After that?  The XPS 13 was just updated and could do the trick, although you may actually need the older model if you want a six-core CPU instead of four cores.

I've just pulled the trigger on a Dell XPS 13 9380 4k. 

2 hours ago, helmet400 said:

I've just pulled the trigger on a Dell XPS 13 9380 4k. 

That should do the trick nicely.  4K may affect battery life, but it'll also ensure that you spot the finer details in photos and videos.