Do you ever feel cursed whenever buying PC related hardware/ games?

Dizz_Man

So,I just bought a Ryzen 3700X from PCCG not even a week ago at this point. Today the 3800X went on sale for cheaper, just out of nowhere, no special occasion, nothing.

When I bought CoD MW on PC it went on sale a week later.

A few years ago, I bought a GTX 1060, which a month later the RTX series was released, which meant slashed prices on GTX cards to get them off shelves.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS????? WHY ME???

You just have bad timing that's all. lol.

I see where you're coming from. I buy a keyboard for more than I'd like to pay for it, the next day there's the same board in better shape for less.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I had a curse when my APC UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector with USB Charger, 850VA Uninterruptible Power Supply (BE850M2) died within 1 year and a few months after I purchase it.  After one power outage it kept beeping and I could not offload the over voltage issue.  So I had to RMA back and they sent me a replacement with broken plastic door that wouldn't lock it with the battery door.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

3 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

I had a curse when my APC UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector with USB Charger, 850VA Uninterruptible Power Supply (BE850M2) died within 1 year and a few months after I purchase it.  After one power outage it kept beeping and I could not offload the over voltage issue.  So I had to RMA back and they sent me a replacement with broken plastic door that wouldn't lock it with the battery door.

That replacement isn't APC's fault, it's whoever shipped it that caused that to happen.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

That replacement isn't APC's fault, it's whoever shipped it that caused that to happen.

Yeah APC sent me a replacement door after I got it that day.  They got a warehouse just like 30 minutes away from my area.  I should of contacted the warehouse company that did the RMA shipment.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

37 minutes ago, Dizz_Man said:

So,I just bought a Ryzen 3700X from PCCG not even a week ago at this point. Today the 3800X went on sale for cheaper, just out of nowhere, no special occasion, nothing.

A few years ago, I bought a GTX 1060, which a month later the RTX series was released, which meant slashed prices on GTX cards to get them off shelves.

Thanks for the heads up my dude, was gonna do the same as you get a 3700x but now can get the 3800x for 15 dollars less.

Feels bad man.

2 minutes ago, Straussy said:

Thanks for the heads up my dude, was gonna do the same as you get a 3700x but now can get the 3800x for 15 dollars less.

Feels bad man.

Add that extra $15 to your cooler budget tho haha

3 minutes ago, Dizz_Man said:

Add that extra $15 to your cooler budget tho haha

Planned on getting the dark rock pro 4 anyways ;)

Bit of overkill considering im not overclocking just letting the computer do it for me but oh well looks nice in my case and will be quiet as.

In the UK we can return stuff within 2 weeks for no reason and then just buy the cheaper one.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I bought a 7600K right as Ryzen 1600s were available, and I also bought a 1060 not long before RTX was announced. The 1060 is still fine (mostly) in games, but the 7600K is now replaced with a 2700x, which I bought right when the 3000 series came out so I saved a bunch of money this time around. So some bad luck but then good luck on my end.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

10 hours ago, Dizz_Man said:

naa, whenever i change hardware i tend to just save up for whatever's best at the time. whether or not i have bad timing is irrelevant to me as i'd rather have what i need asap unless there's like a black friday sale a week or two down the line.