I'm looking for a desk

MrBossUP

that is large and can comfortably fit 3 of my monitors i have a 1 27 inch curved monitor and 2 24inch monitors

and under 100£

Edited by LogicalDrm
Fixed title

One common hack is to buy an unframed door blank with no handle hole.  It doesn’t solve the problem of legs.  They are big though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Loving my Linnmon, but two things to keep in mind:

1. If you want it under a hundred, you'll be getting super basic legs. Drawers will triple the price.

2. If you plan on putting a lot of weight on it, make sure to install the fifth leg in the middle. I don't have the fifth leg, but when I had my PC and two monitors in the middle of my desk it would bow noticably, and still feels slightly bowed even though I put my PC on the ground (though I did add a third monitor and a heavy aluminium stand).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Older picture, but I did the Ikea desk w/legs and used a triple monitor stand.  Those are 2x 27" and a 32" monitor.

IMG_2590.thumb.jpg.a7dc2a64fb92257e7e9eaefddfe603cc.jpg

Gaming - AMD TR 3970X | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme II | G.SKILL Neo 3600 64GB | Zotac Nvidia 2080 Ti AMP | 2x Sabarent 1TB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1000w | Corsair K70 RGB Lux | Corsiar M65 | 2x ASUS Rog PG279Q | BenQ EW3270U | Windows 10 Pro | EKWB Custom loop

ITX - Intel i7-10700k | Asus ROG Z490-I Gaming | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 2080 Super| Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD | NZXT H1| Windows 10 Pro

HTPC - Intel i9-9900k | Asus ROG Maximus XI Code | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 1070 | Samsung 970 1TB | WD Blue 1TB SSD | NZXT H700  | EVGA G3 1000W | Corsair H150i | Windows 10 Pro

Servers - SuperMicro 846 | 2x 2695L V2 | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 24 x 6TB | FreeNas - SuperMicro 826 | 2 x 2695L | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 8 x 10TB | 847 24 x 1TB SSD | Windows Server 2019

Work - Dell XPS 15 9560 | i7-7700HQ | 32 GB RAM | 1TB NVMe | 4k dsiplay

Still have to clean a bit on the left, but with a similar layout i was able to fit three 27in monitors in landscape on one of the Ikea Bekant Desk. IDK how much they are there but the under desk support and netting it helps with cable management. i have 2 of the 63" ones and loving it since a friends pc can plug in next to mine and we can game together, or I could work on one at the same time. (Photo is washed out because my room is using 3 2k-2.2k lumen daylight white bulbs)

20200103_125249.jpg

Nothing to see here, move along

-> Moved to Off Topic

And fixed the long title

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You could go ikea. Personally i dont think they are worth the price though.

If you are somewhat handy you could easily build a nice table top with the exact dimensions you need for fairly cheap.

Legs are easy as well. Depending on the height you need itll cost you less the $10 in 4x4s. Or use small filing cabinets as legs.

My desks I all got second hand. My main desk is an IKEA Galant corner desk which costed me 15 euros, my secondary desk costed me 20 euros (IKEA Malm).

Works like a champ for a low price.

There will always be people moving or renovating houses and thus needing to get rid of good equipment for low prices.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I use a desk and a night stand from IKEA and I've been happy with them. I got them both used in really good condition for $100. My recommendation is find something used if you're not willing to build something yourself. There are always people looking to get rid of perfectly good furniture fast at a huge discount. 

image.thumb.png.aba1a9a3e9e5140b9d55cc5929e14949.png

I was given this desk way back in about 2008, it's a simple pine one but it's HUGE!!! can easily fit 3x27" monitors and the leg gap alone is around 4ft wide and the drawers are so deep that it's hard to find stuff in them.

It's starting to look a little tired now... the whole thing could do with a sand & a stain in a lighter colour to match my other white oak style units in my home office, and some new handles.

So don't knock a freebie if you can find it... things like this people struggle to sell due to the style and will often give away for free... All you need to do is collect it. So it's worth taking a look at local ads. You may even find something more suitable within your budget.

1846010743_2014-02-2817_08_23.thumb.jpg.28eae46b885d8125801db8dd6a824dc4.jpg

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

Well, IKEA is always cheap and good. But as far as tables, shelves and dressers go... well, there’s no shortage of practically « free » furniture in the used class fields. Especially in May/June/July/August when most people move. However, right now is the worst time in the year to buy furniture. (But it’s a really good time to buy audio gear, people are upgrading their setups on Xmas) 

I went to Lowes and bought my own piece of wood. Had it measured to exactly the size I wanted. If you want to make it yourself you'll stay well below $100. Just find good legs on Amazon or something.

• Measure how big you want.
  • Talk to someone at Lowes/Home Depot and choose your wood.They'll cut it for you.
  • Get veneer and paint. Veneer is easy with a clothing iron. Paint a couple coats.
  • Drill in stands. 
  • ??????
  • Profit.

I would also second the DIY approach like @Andrewf suggested if you're on a tight budget, though the Ikea way isn't too bad either. (It can be "lower quality" IMO though, since the cheap tabletops from IKEA are basically hollowed out paper shells)

For example
This could serve as the table top

(this one is "sanded" for a smooth surface and is nearly 2cm thick for for rigidity. You can ask the store to cut it or even curving the sides for comfort)

As for the legs, you can either get actual legs from the store or even use 2x4 (or 4x4 for extra thicc legs) to make 'em yourself.
You can look up DIY desks online to know how to make it. It's easy enough if you the tools(a saw and a drill is usually enough) and the patience to do it. Like these

Spoiler

64c06e33c5c3bf27b8f5d9882ff3ee2f.jpgx%20desk%20pottery%20barn%20crate%20barrel%20plans%201.jpg

(may need to add supports in the middle as well depending on how long you'd want it)

And then, while you could paint it and be done with it, I'm personally partial to staining and then covering it with a few coats of clear varnish(or use a varnish that gives a color instead). This gives a really good looking and smooth finish. Not to mention how the varnish makes the desk near waterproof and harder to scratch out the surface once fully dried.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro