fps/stuttering AMD Ryzen 3600x help.

hippopotumus582

hi, im having som problems in games like fortnite/pubg when im in game and turning around with my mouse, the fps goes from 140 to 100-110 for like 1 second and comes back to normal, but its very annoying. idk what it could be, all drivers updated, temps on gpu is on 55-65 and cpu 55-68. AMD power plan is set on balanced as well. I did this test on internet, can u guys check it out if u see anything abnormal?

My Rig

ASUS TUF x570 MB

Gskill TridentZ 32GB 3200Mhz

750w Coolermaster PSU

ASUS RTX 2080TI Advanced GPU

AMD Ryzen 3600x CPU with Enermac watercooling

1tb M.2 SSD

Skjermbilde (4).png

Skjermbilde (5).png

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Use an Actual Benchmark service. Userbenchmark is GARBAGE and should never be used. Get 3dMark or use Heaven Benchmark etc

Okey ill try run heaven benchmark, and ill post the results here:)

userbenchmark has basically rigged their results against ryzen (which also hurts intel in certain scenarios) so, I wouldn't use it. Use a benchmark like what Shimejii mentioned.

Just now, Retro_R said:

userbenchmark has basically rigged their results against ryzen (which also hurts intel in certain scenarios) so, I wouldn't use it. Use a benchmark like what Shimejii mentioned.

yes im on it, post soon:)

First thing first, did you update your BIOS since you got that PC?

There's been quite a few stability updates, not to mention the AGESA/Combo Pi updates since release, so if you haven't, give that a try first and see how things are afterward.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, hippopotumus582 said:

yes, 1 week ago :)

15 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

First thing first, did you update your BIOS since you got that PC?

There's been quite a few stability updates, not to mention the AGESA/Combo Pi updates since release, so if you haven't, give that a try first and see how things are afterward.

yes, 1 week ago :)

Can you send a link to that user benchmark score rather then just screenshots?

I only ask as even though yeah userbenchmark in general sucks however i can see if it somehow picked something up.

Humor me :D

3 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Can you send a link to that user benchmark score rather then just screenshots?

I only ask as even though yeah userbenchmark in general sucks however i can see if it somehow picked something up.

Humor me :D

here are my scores from 3D mark tho. ill post link soon

Skjermbilde (6).png

Okay so no major issues detected by userbenchmark, i just wanted to see your results and they seem to be contestant with real benchmark websites.

Anyhow how are your temps?

Is your machine running hot when gaming?

Do you use say NZXT cam or even Rivatuner?

47 minutes ago, Retro_R said:

Temps on gpu and cpu is 55-65 and no:/

Okay i had to check.

What about that hard drive, you use a hard drive to store your games correct?

Is it defragged?

4 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Okay so no major issues detected by userbenchmark, i just wanted to see your results and they seem to be contestant with real benchmark websites.

Anyhow how are your temps?

Is your machine running hot when gaming?

Do you use say NZXT cam or even Rivatuner?

Yes i store games on same ssd as my system is on, just finished reinstalling win 10, no change

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

How is your SMART?

Did you TRIM your drive?

what is SMART? i havent trimed anything :s

SMART is a way to check both hard drive and SSD integrity, did you check your drive using corsairs SSD software?

And TRIM is defragging for SSD's

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

SMART is a way to check both hard drive and SSD integrity, did you check your drive using corsairs SSD software?

no i havent

Well then please TRIM your SSD and see if that helps, you know how to use the windows defrag tool correct?

40 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

This isn't exactly correct. 

In a Hdd defrag puts related data in consecutive sectors to speed up loading and reduce seek time.

On an SSD. This isn't needed. There is no spinning disk and head having to move around to read the data. The data is just there and accessed as needed with basically no delay.

So what trim does is this. On an ssd data doesnt get removed unless it is written over. So trim goes through and writes a 0 to all the areas where you have deleted items. This means you regain the storage for it. Now depending on the drive it does sometimes shuffle the data around, but this has more to do with making sure your drive endurance isn't compromised by repeated writing to the same sector's.

Anyways if the OP has an SSD unless it is faulty or overly full it wouldn't cause the issues they are experiencing.

3 hours ago, hippopotumus582 said:

AMD power plan is set on balanced as well.

Bad idea.  Set it to Windows balanced IF your on a new BIOS and latest win ver 

FYI just checked my 3600 gets 6900points in Timespy, so something is for sure off (tho I kind of doubt that alone is responsible for "stutters" but it may just)

Try windows balanced that should at least improve your results.

3 hours ago, Retro_R said:

userbenchmark

Is actually garbage for comparisons but it's pretty damn good at finding faults... 

2 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Well then please TRIM your SSD

I'm guessing the system is relatively new and as such that shouldn't be necessary,  also FYI windows 10 does that automatically - unless the user turned this function off. 

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

Anyways if the OP has an SSD unless it is faulty or overly full it wouldn't cause the issues they are experiencing.

Yep pretty much - you should definitely TRIM a SSD occasionally but normally this function is fully automatic under Windows. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

This isn't exactly correct. 

In a Hdd defrag puts related data in consecutive sectors to speed up loading and reduce seek time.

On an SSD. This isn't needed. There is no spinning disk and head having to move around to read the data. The data is just there and accessed as needed with basically no delay.

So what trim does is this. On an ssd data doesnt get removed unless it is written over. So trim goes through and writes a 0 to all the areas where you have deleted items. This means you regain the storage for it. Now depending on the drive it does sometimes shuffle the data around, but this has more to do with making sure your drive endurance isn't compromised by repeated writing to the same sector's.

Yes I am aware of this, i just didn't want to overload with information while trying to solve what might be in the end a minor issue :D

ok, i tried trim ssd, no change tho. so my score in 3d mark was bad? only cpu or gpu as well?