image.png.a0e3656ee1041f820845ac13ffc8a316.png

Oh great.. Samsung mentions 'HD'... Now to figure out if they mean:

HD Ready: 720p

HD: 1366 x 768

Full HD: 1920x1080

... Thanks Samsung!

The only review I see mention 240fps is this one:

https://www.smartprix.com/bytes/samsung-galaxy-a70-review-pros-cons-india/

(Which may be the one you found already).

The manual makes no mention of 240fps mode, the product page only mentions HD, which is not really something too helpful.. But I can say 'HD' probably really doesn't mean 1080p in their case. Since they mention UHD and FHD and FHD+ on their page, it seems like they do adhere to the standards.

Well certainly HD is referred as 720p !

A little disappointed to know this but still i don't hate the phone. I do have plans to replace this with the upcoming a71 in the future, Maybe that device fill this gap.

Still a70 is a great phone!

Will be shooting more videos with it.

Hello Guys

I've been using my galaxy a70 for a long time now and I've been more than satisfied with what all it's features and that huge and amazing display at a mid range price.

But recently i got a chance to shoot some cool slomo videos at an autoshow and what I learned is that the phone shoots slomo 240 fps at 720p

But I've checked gsm arena and some youtubers mentioning that it shoots 240 fps at 1080p resolution.

Maybe there's something i have missed but in the settings there's no option to change the resolution in slomo.

It's showing a locked resolution of 1280X720 with a faded color as if this is the only available resolution for slomo.

Please help me on this guys

Thanks

... Thanks Samsung!

The manual makes no mention of 240fps mode, the product page only mentions HD, which is not really something too helpful.. But I can say 'HD' probably really doesn't mean 1080p in their case. Since they mention UHD and FHD and FHD+ on their page, it seems like they do adhere to the standards.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

To make things more confusing, GSM Arena product listing says it does support it, but their review doesn't bother to test slow motion shooting at all. :/

The only thing really confirmed is the telephoto camera only supports 30fps, so if the mode exists you'd have to make sure you have the right camera selected.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, minibois said:

... Thanks Samsung!

Well certainly HD is referred as 720p !

A little disappointed to know this but still i don't hate the phone. I do have plans to replace this with the upcoming a71 in the future, Maybe that device fill this gap.

Still a70 is a great phone!

Will be shooting more videos with it.