what is the best way to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 for Free

Go to solution Solved by Pharr Carnell,

I have never known of a Starter level Windows 7 being allowed to upgrade for free to Windows 10...any version, they simply never allowed it...because the Starter level was such a cheap OEM only version, sold to the big Companies for basic devices...but hey...if you want to go that way and give it a try...go ahead! But I cannot see it working to an end result of Windows 10 activated...without paying for it...

I am looking for a way to upgrade my HP laptop. From Windows 7 starter. To Windows 8. And I wanted to do it for free is there any websites out there that can give me free product keys where I can get the software update that I can use to upgrade my laptop from Windows 7 starter to Windows 8.and if there is please post your comments below. With the links thank you.

No but you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free.  Just install it using your existing key for Windows 7.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

No, not happening bud. There is no official way and AFAIK the only unofficial way would be piracy. We won't help you do piracy here.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

No but you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free.  Just install it using your existing key for Windows 7.

I'm actually not 100% sure a Windows 7 Starter key would allow an upgrade...

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Apparently it is accepted

https://techjourney.net/windows-10-official-upgrade-path-from-windows-788-1/

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

sure it will ms is pretty desperate for users

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

sure it will ms is pretty desperate for users

More people for them to collect data on

Main stuff idk

Laptop: Macbook Air M1 2020

Desktop/Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4 3200

STORAGE: WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC

PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 550W 80+

Other Stuff

VR Headset: Valve Index

Consoles: Nintendo Switch - Xbox Series X

I have never known of a Starter level Windows 7 being allowed to upgrade for free to Windows 10...any version, they simply never allowed it...because the Starter level was such a cheap OEM only version, sold to the big Companies for basic devices...but hey...if you want to go that way and give it a try...go ahead! But I cannot see it working to an end result of Windows 10 activated...without paying for it...

I'm pretty sure Starter needs to be upgraded to Home first (with a fee) and then it can be upgraded to Win10 for free. Or Win8.1 with the upgrade fee.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv