low latency route all traffic through port 443/tcp?

Nineballo
Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,
11 minutes ago, Nineballo said:

you dont understand... every port != 443 or 80 is blocked and tcp is the only protocol allowed. 

Ha, programming humor.

Unfortunately if your school or place of business has deliberately blocked ports and they have not given you permission to circumvent the firewall we're not allowed to help you. It goes against the forums Community Standards.

Problem

How would I route my internet traffic through port 443 tcp, I currently use openvpn but the latency and speed drop sucks. I dont need encryption or anything, just a way to get through the blocked ports, with little to no loss in speed or latency. 

some background info before someone asks.

I have a slow ass chromebook running windows that i run moonlight on to my main computer to make it usable... they blocked the ports it used yesterday.

Spoiler

CPU: 5800x

GPU: 1070ti

HDD: Seagate 3TB
SSD: 1TB WD NVME

RAM: 32GB ddr4 3200

HEADPHONES: DT990 pro 250ohm limited edition black

MONITER: BenQ xl2536

CASE: s340 elite hyperbeast

KEYBOARD: nk87- zilent switches

MOUSE: G403 Hero

What are you trying to achieve? Because port TCP/443 is HTTPS, so when you visit a secure web site like this forum you'll "talk" to the web server using destination port TCP/443 automatically. 

4 minutes ago, Viper9 said:

What are you trying to achieve? Because port TCP/443 is HTTPS, so when you visit a secure web site like this forum you'll "talk" to the web server using destination port TCP/443 automatically. 

some background info before someone asks.

I have a slow ass chromebook running windows that i run moonlight on to my main computer to make it usable... they blocked the ports it used yesterday at my school.

Im not sure what else to add... i have a slow computer that mirrors my main computer because the slow one is a pain to use. It uses ports that are as of yesterday blocked, so i reconfigured my openvpn to run through tcp/443 but it has a lot of latency.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Nineballo said:

Im not sure what else to add...

image.thumb.png.bec8ccdaba7dbde5adc04ccb01ce2b7a.png

Strange, I don't see the rest of your sentence... Anyway, I never used Moonlight but if you can change the port it use into the client and make a port forwarding on your home router it should work. 

Let's say you choose port 3030, setup a port forwarding for incoming port 3030 to port X (X = the port that the Moonlight server use). 

moonlight isn't the issue, in fact it works very well, its more configuring openvpn for lower latency over tcp. (or an openvpn alternative)

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Nineballo said:

moonlight isn't the issue, in fact it works very well, its more configuring openvpn for lower latency over tcp. (or an openvpn alternative)

I would choose UDP over TCP for streaming since you want lower latency. You should be able to setup your openvpn server (usually hosted on the home router) to use UDP instead of TCP. 

you dont understand... every port != 443 or 80 is blocked and tcp is the only protocol allowed. 

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Nineballo said:

Ha, programming humor.

Unfortunately if your school or place of business has deliberately blocked ports and they have not given you permission to circumvent the firewall we're not allowed to help you. It goes against the forums Community Standards.

8 minutes ago, Nineballo said:

If only port TCP 443 and 80 is allowed then I think you'll have your latency issue... Because maybe there's QoS involved has well that throttle your traffic. 

If you want almost no latency, you'll need a good bandwidth and usually UDP for streaming.

this is unfortunate, actually weirdly it seems they didn't block any ports just straight up disabled udp... wth

Spoiler