What Is The Best Keyboard You Have Ever Used?

Title says all. What is your favorite keyboard? The one the second you began to use it you realized you would never love another keyboard again. 

For me this keyboard would be a Dell RT7D60. Non mechanical-mine comes with the smart card reader. The reason I like this one is simple:

Durable-I like to SMASH my keys. By SMASH I mean SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...You can hear my typing from 4 rooms over. (I also average 140,000 keystrokes a month, a little over 7 hours uptime a month-desktop only not including laptop)

This keyboard is not mechanical-just old and it can take a beating and lets me type as fast as I want without a problem. 

What is your favorite keyboard ever?

The Zibal 60 says rage-proof right on the box, so while I've never TRIED to break it I suspect it would hold up just fine.

I love the typing experience. It's quite unique. Different from any other Cherry MX Black keyboard I've ever used. The backlight is a little weak, but I'm willing to overlook that for the typing experience.

It's very hard for me to settle on a favorite keyboard. Right now you'll find me using the Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Browns, but I have an addiction. I also have an IBM Model M, Leopold FC200RT/KB (MX Browns), and a Keycool 22-key white backlit keypad with Cherry MX Clears.

They are all very fun to use, but all have a different purpose. Buckling Spring (the Model M) is a boss for any typing I do, and the Browns are great for both typing and gaming. MX Clears are great for typing (although, with a keypad, that's all you'd be doing I'm sure).

I'm not fond of rubber domes, but I also have a very old IBM KB-8923 that I cleaned up that's a pretty decent model if you're going to go that route. 

edit: Oh, and how could I forgot, I also have a Ducky Zero (DK2108) with Cherry MX Reds that's unbreakable and fantastic for gaming.

Logitech G710+. Linus suggested this keyboard to me and I loved it. Like that this keyboard includes O-rings to dampen the sound generated from the key strokes. The G710+ can go really bright. I currently have it set at 50% cause it is really bright imo. The software is also very easy to use and love the game profiles that were included with the software.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Filco majestouch 2 :D

Just got a Ducky 9000 with cherry mx blue switches, love it.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I've been using the Mionix Zaibal 60 like Linus. Love the typing experience on it and very solid keyboard overall. Plus I'll be able to knockout anyone who tries to rob my house by giving them a love smack on the head!

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Right now I'm using a CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Cherry MX Blue switches and love it! Always been fan of the Razer Blackwidow but for the $60 at Canada Computers. nothing really bad I can say about the Quick Fire.

FX-8320 @ 4.2Ghz. 8GB ADATA RAM. Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev 4. 64GB SSD 2TB HD. Sapphire HD 6770. NZXT Phantom 410. CM Storm Quickfire Rapid - Cherry Blue. CM Storm Inferno mouse. TT Esports Cronos.

I love my G19s, used to standard Microsoft keyboard until i changed for a G11 and later on a G510 and i'm now using a brand new G19s for 2 weeks ;)

If you can manage to configure all macro for launching programs you'll never go back... Only complaint, not a mechanical keyboard but it do the job amazingly, good feedback even for a membrane keyboard

Antec P280 / Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w / MSI Z77A-G45 CPU: Core I7 3770k 3.5ghz @ 4830mhz (105 X 46) 1.35V Vcore / EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC Signature [Core 1084mhz boost @1250mhz (~1300 MHz real) Ram 6000mhz @ 7122mhz] (Power limit @ 132%, stock Vcore) / 16 GB G.Skill 2133mhz 11-11-11-30 2T 1.6V (2 sets of F3-17000CL11-4GBSR) running @ 2240Mhz 10-11-11-30-41 2T (1.65V) / Asus Xonar DX / Crucial M4 C400 128gb SSD (windows)+ Intel 330 180GB (steam) + 2 X WD Caviar Blue 1TB in raid 1 (storage) / Noctua NHU12P SE2 / Logitech G19 / CM Storm Sentinel Advance / Logtiech X-530 5.1 / Steelseries Siberia V2 Black & Gold edition.

The first best I've ever used was similar to this:

21jt4dw.jpg

Now it's filco with browns.

The best keyboard I've ever used is the one I'm typing on right now, It's a logitech g710+ and it's awesome!

Before going mech, I would have said my trusty old Logitech G15 v1.0, it's seen me thru countless encounters with demons, monsters, zombies, mercenaries and the like. I recall banging on it in sheer frustration after making some stupid mistakes while gaming. The thing held up well and is still quite functional, it's now a reserve KB should any of my mech KB's need to be repaired/RMA'ed and such.

Right now, of the three mech KB's I have, all Cherry Red, my fave is the Ducky Shine II 78 Version.....with my Storm Trigger coming in a not too distant second.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

The only keyboard I have used is my crappy Acer that came with my first (pre-build) computer.

Fortunately, my Ducky Shine II with MX Browns is inbound. I hope that I will get that "YEAH" feeling. :D

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

The one I am using right now, Razer BlackWidow Ultimate. My first mechanical keyboard and by far the best of everything I've ever used. It can be loud because of Cherry MX Blue switches but the build quality and overall experience is incredible leap forward.

Intel Core i5-3570K @4,2Ghz w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 || MSI Z77A-G43 || Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 || MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G || Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB || CM Storm Quickfire XT || Roccat Kone Pure Optical || Logitech z-623 // Fiio e09k+e07k and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm + Zalman ZM-MIC1

I'm using a quickfire TK at it is AWESOME! i think all mechanical keyboards are awesome. Haven't tried them all but i think i would be great as well!

Right now I'm using a CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Cherry MX Blue switches and love it!

I'm gonna have to go with this as well. This is my first mechanical keyboard and it's honestly the best thing I've ever used; if I can help it I'll never use a membrane again. In the past month or so of having this my typing accuracy and speed have risen pretty significantly and I've fallen in love with the tenkeyless design. I think my next purchase will be a Noppo Choc Mini with reds. ^_^

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

Lol, predictable answer, but IBM Model M... I remember when I first used one, my dad was picking me up from my mums place, and  told me my stepmum had a new keyboard that was the loudest most obnoxious thing ever, and told me to use it once and whinge about it to her. I sat down in front of the keyboard, typed "Hello" and just refused to say a single bad word about it. And then my stepmum was all like "IN YO FACE!" to my dad (well... maybe a bit more subtle than that, but still XD). My next birthday she got me one (which is 3 years older than I am). The only reason I would EVER change keyboard is if I got another one that I modified so it's got stealth keys and looks more sleek.

Wit is educated insolence.

Right now I'm using a CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Cherry MX Blue switches and love it! Always been fan of the Razer Blackwidow but for the $60 at Canada Computers. nothing really bad I can say about the Quick Fire.

+1 same here mate,

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I have used a das keyboard with blues, I own a filco with browns, I have also used a ducky with reds, all of these are amazing keyboards, but there is one that is above the rest in terms of build quality, and just insane switches. The realforce 87U. It has topre switches, it's build like a tank INSIDE a tank. Not to mention it feels like typing on boobs.

Unfortunatly, this was on a europe trip, some guy on deskthority (serious kudos) sent it around europe for people to try for a week. I got to try it, and now I really want it, and with a price tag of 250$, it will dent my wallet, hard. But damnit I want it.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

The Model M's were great keyboards (never owned one, but I did use one or two). My CM Storm Trigger with Cherry MX Green switches is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Vast improvement over membrane keyboards and I have to thank Linus for his CES coverage that turned me on to it.

I have used a das keyboard with blues, I own a filco with browns, I have also used a ducky with reds, all of these are amazing keyboards, but there is one that is above the rest in terms of build quality, and just insane switches. The realforce 87U. It has topre switches, it's build like a tank INSIDE a tank. Not to mention it feels like typing on boobs.

Unfortunatly, this was on a europe trip, some guy on deskthority (serious kudos) sent it around europe for people to try for a week. I got to try it, and now I really want it, and with a price tag of 250$, it will dent my wallet, hard. But damnit I want it.

Leopold came out with a Topre board, the FC660C. I'm not sure when it's going to be available in other countries, but it'll be a little bit less at $180. It looks really promising and I'm quite excited for it!

since moving to mechanical ive tried a majestouch 2 and a shine 2 9008. I liked them but i wanted a diff look and really wanted dedicated media keys. so ive got a k70 on the way. Im really hoping its the one.

Logitech G710+. Linus suggested this keyboard to me and I loved it. Like that this keyboard includes O-rings to dampen the sound generated from the key strokes. The G710+ can go really bright. I currently have it set at 50% cause it is really bright imo. The software is also very easy to use and love the game profiles that were included with the software

All i can say is: This^

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700

Well to be honest I've not tried many keyboards but of those I have tried, my actual keyboard is the one I love the most: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 it a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue keys. Although its rather loud, its very comfortable to type.

The best keyboard I've ever used is my current one; A CM Storm Quickfire TK with Cherry MX Blues. I love this thing, feels like it could take whatever rage you threw at it. The backlight is fantastic and I love the Fn key and Windows key lock features. If I had one small criticism, it would be that it took some time to get use to the merged layout.

You were a noob once too!