CPU and Case Fans won't stop spinning after shutdown

kaiser388

Hello,

I built myself a new pc two months ago with the following specs:
Ryzen 5 3600, MSI Radeon RX5700 Mech OC, MSI MPG X570, 16 Gigs of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM
And i've got the following problem with it, which is completly new to me:
Every now and then after shutting down my pc the Case and CPU Fans won't stop spinning, even the stock RGB Lighting stays on for the case fans. The thing that's confusing me is, that there are no rules or indicators as to why it happens.
It can happen when i watched a few videos on youtube but i can also happen when i played a game for a few hours. However sometimes i play for 5 hours and the pc will shut down just fine. 
I know that there's a bios setting for a power supply standby mode, however that didn't seem to really help. Is it possible that i put a cable in the wrong spot or is that just an amd problem that i have to live with? (It's my first amd pc)

Greetings and thanks in advance.

Also: one night i didn't see or hear that the fans were still spinning for a few hours. I removed the pc from the socket when i noticed it and after booting the pc up again i got a blue screen. Can't remember what it said tho.

I'm shutting it down via the shut down button in the windows bar so i don't think it's just going to sleep mode and i don't know of such bugs in the newest windows version either..

9 minutes ago, kaiser388 said:

I'm shutting it down via the shut down button in the windows bar so i don't think it's just going to sleep mode and i don't know of such bugs in the newest windows version either..

Yeah I haven't had issues with that either have you tried shutting it down using the power button on your case? Windows can be really funky sometimes.

Only when the problem actually occurs. I got told years ago that shutting down a pc via the power button is the worst thing one could do to a pc so that was always a nono for me.

Have you disabled fastboot within Windows?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, rcmaehl said:

I don't think so. I'll give that try! 

On 12/12/2019 at 4:44 PM, rcmaehl said:

Sorry for necroing this topic, but it turns out that disabling fastboot didn't solve the problem..