Too many leg cookers out there - Apple and Samsung sued for excessive phone radiation.

williamcll
1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Because they hear the words radiation and think their skin is going to peel off or something. 

in other words. 

they go bananas. as per standard measurement units. a Banana for scale is perfect. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

in other words. 

they go bananas. as per standard measurement units. a Banana for scale is perfect. 

Ironically, bananas contain ionizing radiation in the form of potassium-40 isotopes. Doubly ironically is that by the time you eat enough bananas to have any ill effect from the potassium-40, the normal potassium will have likely made you seriously ill. Or you know, you'd have gotten seriously ill from eating a billion bananas.

17 hours ago, sowon said:

Nice, so my ass is glowing and hot but not for the right reasons.

I'd be willing to bet so ;) However... I'm using a Huawei device so I can imagine a bit more than my ass is glowing... ooof :D 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

23 hours ago, Arika S said:

Shit, don't tell these guys about the sun....

Don't tell them about cigarette smoke

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I’m bringing back this status update of mine from March 2018

Interesting, while both CDMA and GSM radiation was found to cause brain and heart cancer in Sprague Dawley rats, until this very day, whether it causes cancer to humans or not is inconclusive. [Primary source: US NIH National Toxicology Reports]

While it's now clear that we shouldn't ignore this research, we also shouldn't be paranoid. I can think of some reasons as to why non-ionizing GSM/CDMA radiation gave those rats cancer but inconclusive to humans:

• We human beings have a higher tolerance to radiation whether its ionizing or non-ionizing. Everyday, cells multiply and die and those dead ones are constantly replaced and during cell division, errors occur and such errors are worsened by external factors such as radiation and yet people sun bathing all the time and people get x-rays at least once a year and nothing happens. Mammals have their fair share of defenses against cancer in the cellular level. Proto-oncogenes (e.g. myc, sis, bcl-1, etc) are the ones responsible for normal cell division and tumor suppressor genes (e.g. p53, BRCA1, etc)  put the breaks in cell division. They are basically each others checks and balances and any imbalance to both can result to diseases including cancer [Note: a single genetic mutation is not enough to cause cancer, even if someone inherits a predisposition, there's a high chance they'll never have cancer for the rest of their lives]. It is possible that cellphone radiation maybe able to give off rats cancer but not enough to cause genetic mutation on humans.
  • I can see that double blind human studies would be deemed unethical by so many people and for the most part it can be that's why health authorities are limited to observation of a simple or clustered random samples.
  • Since human studies could be deemed unethical, how about in the future scientists would try studying the effects of cellphone radiation to human cell lines in-vitro? Those can be obtained easily and can actually be bought. I'd like to see future researchers to add isotope labelling so that they can monitor the changes the cell undertakes once exposed to non-ionizing radiation and determine the pathways that could lead to cancer so that proper treatments can be made.
  • Assuming that cellphone radiation is indeed carcinogenic like UV and X-rays, how are they going to study demographics? Due to environment, culture and history, a lot of people maybe inherit predisposition to certain diseases and that includes cancer. Do people with inherited BRCA1 mutation have an increased risk while using their phone?
  • Assuming that it can cause cancer in humans, which is more carcinogenic? sub 1GHz spectrum or above 1GHz? At the moment my wireless carrier uses 700 and 1800 MHz LTE and 800, 1900, 2100 MHz GSM.

While there are proven ways to lower risk of certain cancers, in actuality the best way to not have any kind of cancer is to not be born at all. 

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

explaining the joke kinda ruins it.........

I'm still low on coffee this morning. ?

57 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

I'm still low on coffee this morning. ?

s-l300.jpg

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I’m bringing back this status update of mine from March 2018

While there are proven ways to lower risk of certain cancers, in actuality the best way to not have any kind of cancer is to not be born at all. 

Also IIRC from commenting on the original article... the use case, and specific power output was dramatically higher than real world usage. 

Also it really should be noted (for posterity sake), the brain has to be one of the best places (from a medical perspective) to get a tumor. Once you find it, the ability to isolate cells either physically or with radiation with low chances of causing other cancers or spreading is absolutely fantastic.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS