Intel to offer Haswell CPU in 2020

Đỗ Đức Huy

i am still on the fence, should i buy now or wait? should i buy soon or wait? is this one better then that one? hold on, i am going to wait! what should i do = always be waiting

just buy ryzen

be nice to see the prices for haswell 2020

1 hour ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Who knows?

All I can guess is Intel is leaving the processor open for orders.

My opinion is that it's neither as bad for Intel as people make it out to be nor is it as simple as OEM demand.

One possible reason for this, is that state Governments, and other entities that move slowly, is that they are windows 7 compatible. They simply don't put the budget for technology, and would rather stay with what has worked.

I still think selling the Pentium G3420 as a new product, a Haswell-based CPU from ages ago, is dumb.

And that's coming from someone who used to run the Haswell-based Haswell-E Core i7-5930K, which was released back in 2014.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

44 minutes ago, Jurunce said:

I still think selling the Pentium G3420 as a new product, a Haswell-based CPU from ages ago, is dumb.

And that's coming from someone who used to run the Haswell-based Haswell-E Core i7-5930K, which was released back in 2014.

I'm still running a Haswell CPU and I agree.  I don't think it matters what you're using necessarily, it's strange regardless to sell such an old architecture, particularly when they're lagging AMD in that department and really can't afford to do so.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 hours ago, Warwafe said:

One possible reason for this, is that state Governments, and other entities that move slowly, is that they are windows 7 compatible. They simply don't put the budget for technology, and would rather stay with what has worked.

well no, rather stay with what keeps making more profit

whether it works or not has no bearing, its all about money

16 hours ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

It was a decent platform, everything just worked with all the latest features back then fully working.

Pcie 3.0, all Sata 3 ports, USB 3.0 ports on most motherboard. Decent platform, CPU is more of a side-grade from Ivy Bridge. Not as fun to OC like Sandy though. Most 2600K can do 5.0GHz with about 1.48V Vcore given you have decent cooling. Try that with a 4790K, I dare you.

Sure, my I7 4790K does 5.1GHz 1.4V

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

How about the ram support? Standard DDR3 ram aren’t easy to find anymore, ddr3L is easier to find than DDR3 

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Sure, my I7 4790K does 5.1GHz 1.4V

Damn, that's a nice chip. Keep it close, take good care of it.

8 minutes ago, Yongtjunkit said:

How about the ram support? Standard DDR3 ram aren’t easy to find anymore, ddr3L is easier to find than DDR3 

DDR3 is still very much available to get new, FABS in China are ramping up production and will make what ever it is that you want.

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

6 hours ago, Đỗ Đức Huy said:

Damn, that's a nice chip. Keep it close, take good care of it.

DDR3 is still very much available to get new, FABS in China are ramping up production and will make what ever it is that you want.

True, its just that you might have to order from Chinese vendors and marketplaces like aliexpress for decent prices. Might have to wait a month or two for shipping too.

I suddenly don't feel so bad building an office PC with a G3460 recently. It works fine, it's super power efficient, runs cool, and did I mention it works fine? Paired with a Radeon HD7570 1GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 1333, and Windows 10 it can do everything an office PC needs to do and even then a little more.

Low end Haswell are a really good option for a bare bones budget PC for office type work or internet browsing. This CPU hits a peak of about 25W under load and can passively cool if the fan dies.

33 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I suddenly don't feel so bad building an office PC with a G3460 recently. It works fine, it's super power efficient, runs cool, and did I mention it works fine? Paired with a Radeon HD7570 1GB GDDR5, 8GB DDR3 1333, and Windows 10 it can do everything an office PC needs to do and even then a little more.

Low end Haswell are a really good option for a bare bones budget PC for office type work or internet browsing. This CPU hits a peak of about 25W under load and can passively cool if the fan dies.

Don't feel bad about building something that is within your budget, requirements, and expectations. It's just unfortunate (for everyone) since Intel's current Pentiums are also really good but with the misfortune of having these troubles with 14nm capacity, they have to still sell Haswell to OEMs. I have no idea what the PC market is like in your location, but perhaps a current gen Pentium or Athlon would have suited your needs just as well.

2 hours ago, thechinchinsong said:

Don't feel bad about building something that is within your budget, requirements, and expectations. It's just unfortunate (for everyone) since Intel's current Pentiums are also really good but with the misfortune of having these troubles with 14nm capacity, they have to still sell Haswell to OEMs. I have no idea what the PC market is like in your location, but perhaps a current gen Pentium or Athlon would have suited your needs just as well.

I was building to a cost, old PC was a 3.5ghz Core2Duo that I had to replace as cheaply as possible. $30 board, $25 CPU, $20 RAM, $20 video card, $20 PSU, FREE Win10 license because it was an OEM board with a valid Windows 8 key in it.

20 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I was building to a cost, old PC was a 3.5ghz Core2Duo that I had to replace as cheaply as possible. $30 board, $25 CPU, $20 RAM, $20 video card, $20 PSU, FREE Win10 license because it was an OEM board with a valid Windows 8 key in it.

Nice deal. The windows license is an awesome snag cause that wouldn't been another 100 to the price.

Just now, thechinchinsong said:

Nice deal. The windows license is an awesome snag cause that wouldn't been another 100 to the price.

w10 is free to use without activating it and there are no hangups to do so

1 hour ago, amdorintel said:

w10 is free to use without activating it and there are no hangups to do so

There are hangups, you can't change some desktop settings and there's some nag on the screen. As this PC was built for my employer I didn't want to deal with any of that OR deal with the fact that MS could change their mind at any time and suddenly cutoff updates or cause the PC to stop working without a valid product key. As a PC for work that's not acceptable.

1 hour ago, thechinchinsong said:

Yeah, $115 for a working PC with somewhat modern hardware isn't a bad deal. I bought myself an extra day of paid vacation time with it. I'm waiting to see if the other boards I've bought have valid keys in them too, I know I have one Asus OEM board with a good key, the other one I suspect also has a good key but a busted socket BUT the BIOS chip can be socketed so I think I can extract the key somehow, the other two AM4 boards look like they were RMA so it's possible there could be keys stored in them as well!

here are hangups, you can't change some desktop settings

yeah the background image

38 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

yeah the background image

And MS could change that at any time, could walk into work Monday and the shop PC suddenly doesn't work which would be bad since it's a business which needs that to work to make money. The board had a key stored in it, so I got Windows for $30 with a free motherboard. Failing to see the perceived fail here lol

On 12/6/2019 at 1:01 PM, yaboistar said:

>typing this on a 4790k

haswell was great, i missed it

>typing on a 7700k

I really want to switch to AMD.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs