Recommendation on Cooler Master HAF-X upgrade

amsga

Hi All,

I was planning to do an upgrade on my PC some time this year.

I've held on to my current PC for almost 8 years, since 2011.

The reason I chose the HAF-X back then was because of the number of HDD it supported and the front hot-swap bays.

I am hoping to retain at least 3 3.5" bays and 1 2.5" bay.

I was looking at the Cooler Master C700P but it seems that I need to buy HDD trays to support more HDD.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a similar case type to the HAF-X.

5 hours ago, amsga said:

Hi All,

I was planning to do an upgrade on my PC some time this year.

I've held on to my current PC for almost 8 years, since 2011.

The reason I chose the HAF-X back then was because of the number of HDD it supported and the front hot-swap bays.

I am hoping to retain at least 3 3.5" bays and 1 2.5" bay.

I was looking at the Cooler Master C700P but it seems that I need to buy HDD trays to support more HDD.

Wow!  I finally found someone with the same casing as me...

It has been almost 8/9 years!

On 11/30/2019 at 6:06 AM, amsga said:

Hi All,

The general "successor" to the HAF X is the Coolermaster H500P Mesh if you're looking for a very straight upgrade. It only holds two 3.5" drives though

The Fractal Design Meshify S2 retains a High Air flow front panel, but can support three 3.5"  drives without fuss. The Phanteks P600s with the optional front panel removed can hold up to 4 without the need for additional drive brackets (purchasable separately) Both cases come in Black, white and gunmetal with Tempered glass or Solid Side panel options.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VvJtt6/fractal-design-meshify-s2-black-dark-tg-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-s2-bko-tgd

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2Kw7YJ/phanteks-eclipse-p600s-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec600pstg_bk01

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 2 months later...

I'm keeping the haf x! I just drilled all the rivets from the drive bays and pulled that mess all out of there and installed another 200mm fan in the front and top. My vertical gpu adapter is on the way. I'll share some pictures after work. No longer need drive bays since I went m.2

JPEG_20200212_121618.jpg

I remember my old Haf X case. It was great for watercooling. duel rad in the top and a single 200 in the front. Those were the days, where you could buy weird computer parts and Frankenstein tubing was awesome. 

I am buying a HAF XB EVO for a NAS box I am building. I also just recently replaced my H500 with a Corsair 680X, and I have to say, I miss those 2 massive 200mm fans on the front a little bit.

Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: EVGA 2060 Super XC Ultra Gaming MB: MSI Prestige X570 Creation 

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 NVME: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Gold 1000w Case: Corsair 680X RGB Black

NAS/Media Box

CPU: Ryzen 3200G  MB: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 M.2: WD Blue 500 GB

PSU: Rosewill Photon 850W 80+ Gold Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo