Where is the Best Place to Buy a Cheap Windows 10 Key?

wojoxx98

I'm building my mom a new computer for Christmas, and have spent less than $350 total for everything but Windows 10. A friend tried to get me a free Windows 10 key through her college, but three weeks after submitting her request for it, she has yet to hear anything back. So now that all the parts will be arriving tomorrow, I need to purchase a Windows 10 key ASAP, but I absolutely do not want to pay the $130-$140 that Microsoft is asking, especially because of how cheap the computer is. 

When I search "Windows 10 Key" on Google, the first few sellers are places like G2A with prices around $17, and PC Market Online for about $25. Are these keys actually legit, and are they safe to use? 

Are there other sites that sell keys that any of you would recommend more? Or should I just suck it up and buy a full price key from Microsoft? 

Thanks for any and all advice!

7 minutes ago, wojoxx98 said:

Are these keys actually legit, and are they safe to use? 

That's a grey area.

You can try Kinguin but it's the same grey area.

The only 100% fully legal "legit" place to buy is MS, and you already know their prices.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

At 350 IMO the most cost effective option is to buy a inspiron and throw RAM and a SSD in, maybe even a GPU. You'll get way better performance than any PC you can get with 350 and a free copy of windows

My life

Don't know if this helps you but you can still use valid Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 keys to activate a Windows 10 install. At least according to this Sept 3, 2019 story. 

Microsoft changed the Windows 10 installer disc to also accept Windows 7 or 8.1 keys. This allowed users to perform a clean install Windows 10 and enter a valid Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 key during installation. Windows 10 would then report that key to Microsoft’s servers, and Windows 10’s activation servers would give your PC a “digital entitlement” (now a “digital license”) to continue using Windows 10 for free, just as if you had upgraded.

-kp

20 minutes ago, wojoxx98 said:

I'm building my mom a new computer for Christmas, and have spent less than $350 total for everything but Windows 10.

Or you could just run an unactivated version of Windows 10, due to how cheap the system is it would be better to just save the money and do that, and Buy it down the track when you either build again or get some upgrades 

23 minutes ago, wojoxx98 said:

Are there other sites that sell keys that any of you would recommend more? Or should I just suck it up and buy a full price key from Microsoft? 

Suck it up and buy a fully legitimate Retail (or OEM) key from an authorized reseller, such as BestBuy, Staples, Amazon, or from Microsoft themselves.

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's a grey area.

The only 100% fully legal "legit" place to buy is MS, and you already know their prices.

This. Just because a $10 OEM key works doesn't make it legal in terms of the EULA you agree to when installing & using Microsoft's Operating System.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Do NOT use Kinguin or G2A. Does your mom have to have a customized desktop background?
If not, then just download it and leave it as is. Running it without activation just locks the desktop background and has a small notification in the corner.

As @kirashi said, there's reasons you should buy full Windows.

What do you think is going to happen if more and more people keep skirting paying for Windows?

If you do go the other route....just keep in mind you have absolutely no right to bitch about anything that might happen to your system.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red