can 450 watt psu run RX 570 8gb without over clock and not hold it back

Dark 101

hey guys i wanna buy an Rx 570 8gb since the price came down a lot and another 4gb ram stick and the recommended psu for the gpu is 500 watts but i only have 450 watts only 50 watts short
i don't wanna spend anymore then it already costs. the question is can i run it without holding it back without overclocking until i updrage the rest and buy a new psu

my current specs are
i3 7100 
blu ray disk drive (in case it matters)
1 tb hard drive

4gb ram
gt 730 2gb dd5
450 watt psu

what do you guys think. thanks 

also the freaking stock cpu fan makes noise like a motor when starting up even though i cleaned the dust, any solution 

What's the exact PSU model

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

50 minutes ago, Dark 101 said:

hey guys i wanna buy an Rx 570 8gb since the price came down a lot and another 4gb ram stick and the recommended psu for the gpu is 500 watts but i only have 450 watts only 50 watts short

Depends on the 12v rail's amperage. I've seen 450W PSUs which are better than so called '650W' PSUs. 

50 minutes ago, Dark 101 said:

also the freaking stock cpu fan makes noise like a motor when starting up even though i cleaned the dust, any solution 

CPU HSFs tend to use ball bearings so they're easy to repair. AliExpress, for instance, has a wide range of ball bearings in all shapes and sizes so all you've to do is order the correct bearing, disamble the fan, put the new bearing, re-lubricate it (I use my motorcycle's 20W-50 engine oil) and put it back together.

Good as new. 

In case your fan is brushless or is not user serviceable then you'll have to either replace the whole HSF or buy a replacement 12v fan that fits the heatsink, which isn't all that difficult. 

A RX 570 consumes up to 170-180 watts in games. The rest of your computer doesn't consume more than 100w.

If your power supply is from a reputable manufacturer and can do more than 300 watts on 12v alone (look on the label, multiply 12v with the current value in A for 12v) then you should be fine.

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

What's the exact PSU model

i would really call it very popular 
it came with the case and is from the same manufacturer 
gigasonic 
on second thoughts it not very unpopular either 
is it good enough
btw i haven't actually checked if it has a 6 pin connector or not 

2 minutes ago, Dark 101 said:

i would really call it very popular 
it came with the case and is from the same manufacturer 
gigasonic 
on second thoughts it not very unpopular either 
is it good enough
btw i haven't actually checked if it has a 6 pin connector or not 

Popularity doesn't matter, quality is more important.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

A RX 570 consumes up to 170-180 watts in games. The rest of your computer doesn't consume more than 100w.

If your power supply is from a reputable manufacturer and can do more than 300 watts on 12v alone (look on the label, multiply 12v with the current value in A for 12v) then you should be fine.

i'm not completely sure about that 
my big brother bough it for me and i never checked what it's capable or not 
he used to know a lot about pc but for a few years he has been very busy 

2 minutes ago, Dark 101 said:

i'm not completely sure about that

Take a picture of the PSU label and post it here.

As for the cooler, your fan is probably dying. Any LGA1151-compatible cooler will be enough for i3-7100.

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Popularity doesn't matter, quality is more important.

can't find the info on the papers 
and i can't open the thing right now but as far as i can remember it's not 80+ white or bronze and definitely not higher  

ok that was pointless
i opened the damn thing it's a pretty hard cause it's an old design of case
and i just found this thing would not do even if the wattage wasn't a problem 
it only has a 4 pin connector and it's non-modular 
guess i gotta wait until i can buy a new psu and a new case
it was stupid 
after opening pc the monitor wasn't connecting, i spent a good 30 min to find something in the motherboard was loose it wasn't the monitor cord
 is there any good 500 watt psu that's friendly for my pocket

IMG_20191124_000412.jpg

IMG_20191124_000421.jpg

44 minutes ago, 1van said:

Take a picture of the PSU label and post it here.

As for the cooler, your fan is probably dying. Any LGA1151-compatible cooler will be enough for i3-7100.

check my last post 
you'll know what the fuqq happened

IMG_20191124_000421.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dark 101 said:

is there any good 500 watt psu that's friendly for my pocket

what country are you buying from

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

what country are you buying from

yeah i'm not gonna answer that 
Sorry >-<

4 minutes ago, Dark 101 said:

yeah i'm not gonna answer that 
Sorry >-<

Without knowing regional currency we can't give very good estimates. I often recommend the Corsair cx450 but if you live in a country where there are cheaper options that are good you may be overspending.

Primary PC:

Without knowing regional currency we can't give very good estimates. I often recommend the Corsair cx450 but if you live in a country where there are cheaper options that are good you may be overspending.

i get it 
an Asian country called Bangladesh
honestly i'm not fond of my country so i don't like saying it

1 minute ago, Dark 101 said:

i get it 
honestly i'm not fond of my country so i don't like saying it

You can probably find good deals on any budget be quiet PSU, their pure power line is decent. Grab anything 400W or higher. Stuff like the system power 9, pure power 11, and straight power 10.

Primary PC:

You can probably find good deals on any budget be quiet PSU, their pure power line is decent. Grab anything 400W or higher.

i'll check it out thanks 
btw if you know any modern case model that supports a blue-ray or any disk drive let me know 

4 minutes ago, Dark 101 said:

i'll check it out thanks 
btw if you know any modern case model that supports a blue-ray or any disk drive let me know 

It's best to just get a USB Blu-ray reader, it's super convenient

Primary PC:

12 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

i read that wrong 
i didn't know there are usb blue-ray drives

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

thanks for the advice maybe i'll change the internal one for a external usb drive  

IMG_20191124_000421.jpg

Well well well, lookie here!

Whopping 7 amperes on the 12v rail which equates to exactly 84W for the CPU and GPU AND yet you want to pair an RX570 with that thing which has a real world TDP of 150W (Guru3D)?

If I was you:

I'd start by smashing that thing to the wall...

Then I'd burn it to ashes and have a big bonfire...

Then I'd dance around it like a wild injun...

Am I being too obtuse...?

Anyone?!!

11 hours ago, Dark 101 said:

Well, I'm from Pakistan, if it makes you feel any better!

Every single white suprem@cist thinks I'm a terrorist, or at least a 'potential terrorist' yet that doesn't stop me from expressing my origins openly. Besides, Bangladesh exists under the radar of most racists and 'whitey knighties' so you've no reason to be afraid of cyberbullying.

Remember, haters gonna hate and there's nothing you can do about it! ?

In any case, replace that thing ASAP with something like a Corsair VS550, which are not only dirt cheap but will also reliably handle even a Vega 56, as far as my knowledge goes. Then there's always the VS450, if you want to go a bit lower. 

DO NOT cheap out on the PSU. 

On 11/24/2019 at 12:47 PM, Man said:

IMG_20191124_000421.jpg

Well well well, lookie here!

Whopping 7 amperes on the 12v rail which equates to exactly 84W for the CPU and GPU AND yet you want to pair an RX570 with that thing which has a real world TDP of 150W (Guru3D)?

If I was you:

I'd start by smashing that thing to the wall...

Then I'd burn it to ashes and have a big bonfire...

Then I'd dance around it like a wild injun...

Am I being too obtuse...?

Anyone?!!

Well, I'm from Pakistan, if it makes you feel any better!

Every single white suprem@cist thinks I'm a terrorist, or at least a 'potential terrorist' yet that doesn't stop me from expressing my origins openly. Besides, Bangladesh exists under the radar of most racists and 'whitey knighties' so you've no reason to be afraid of cyberbullying.

Remember, haters gonna hate and there's nothing you can do about it! ?

In any case, replace that thing ASAP with something like a Corsair VS550, which are not only dirt cheap but will also reliably handle even a Vega 56, as far as my knowledge goes. Then there's always the VS450, if you want to go a bit lower. 

DO NOT cheap out on the PSU. 

dude i never checked the damn thing until now 
so i didn't know anything about it except the wattage 
but seeing it properly something similar came to my mind 
i just wanted smash it
i'm not gonna ask my brother to get me any new parts without any specific model 
i asked him to get me a 450w psu and i guess he got me the cheapest one he could find or maybe it was the retailer 
whatever thanks for trying to help me . assalamualaikum