When is ROG rig reboot 2020? [UNOFFICIAL] [SPECULATION]

ProtijyX
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Since the competition has officially been announced, there's no longer need for this thread. Please use the official thread for further discussion.

19 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

like the McRib.

R.I.P after school snack

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

It'll be back when it's back, like the McRib.

All I know is that I will be in the drivethrough when the McRib is back!

But just once... that's all it takes to realzie the McRib is... ehnnnnn... mediocre.  But I live in hope that next time, it will be better.  Kind of like eating at Taco Bell.

4 hours ago, NZgamer said:

If I had a dollar for everytime somebody asked that here....

World's Most Expensive Model Car: Golden Lamborghini - YouTube

you forgot to add 'every time someone with 0-1 posts asks' you'd probably have enough to bribe the nz au boarder to be open again

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

haha true also no need to bribe, the govt wants the borders open soon anyway

Aus doesn't any time soon, PM wants the tourists just not the workers, NZ PM wants the capital wealth transferring in again( thats my 2c anyway, but why believe politics on the internet in an off topic forum about a 'WhEn RoG ReBoOt!?!?"). But that's off topic 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

51 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

I just hope they're open by October, since I'm meant to go on holiday over there lol

Will have too sooner or later, we import a heap of skilled labour we wouldnt have otherwise from NZ. 

7 hours ago, Acal said:

When will rog rig reeboot be back

If it is held, its usually announced in August after LTX. Please use search before posting. Merged to megathread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

Nah bro that's solid gold

Can’t be solid.  Choices are electroplated (gold plated) or gold paint.  Gold leaf looks different, gold fill is a casting process and Those panels are stamped.  Solid would just collapse.  24k gold is a lot like lead.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 9:51 PM, Slottr said:

If it does happen, I would like to enter so badly.

On 5/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, NZgamer said:

Thanks for crushing my dreams :) /s

Ha. Try a Intel core i7 3630 mobile processor, a Quadro k1000m and 24 GB of ddr3 ram.

4 minutes ago, Thebesiegedgamer said:

Ha. Try a Intel core i7 3630 mobile processor, a Quadro k1000m and 24 GB of ddr3 ram.

That is not a gaming computer.   That’s an old fashioned workstation.  It was designed to do something wholly other than gaming. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

What's the context?

They didn't read the thread. Thats the context.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well could he do RIG Reboot in a way where he asks for a video That is 32 to 60 sec on why they want to win, then he will look for what ever video he thinks is the winner, next He will ask for specific specs that winner wants then linus will ship the system and boom winner has his new pc

Linus doesn't do any ROG RIG reboot. ASUS is the one sponsoring him to make the videos and also the ones covering the expenses including pc parts and travelling. So perhaps you should ask ASUS.

11 hours ago, B00GAL00 said:

Well could he do RIG Reboot in a way where he asks for a video That is 32 to 60 sec on why they want to win, then he will look for what ever video he thinks is the winner, next He will ask for specific specs that winner wants then linus will ship the system and boom winner has his new pc

Merged to megathread. Please search before posting. In "Best Answer" you will find some FAQ. This isn't official thread, but it will be updated with facts when things are announced.

Since point of the contest is that both Asus and LMG get visibility and profits, making entertaining video is the major part of it. Otherwise they could just do normal giveaways.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi

Does anyone know if there is going to be a reboot this year?

If so when?

We don't know. LTT might skip 2020 reboot if coronavirus is not slowing down. June is still looking bad. Maybe in October or November. 

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

i'd usually say "save up for a pc by the time it happens"

That's good advice in general, the chances of you winning are already slim due to the sheer amount of entries that they get. Always save up so that you can build your own computer when you don't get picked.

17 hours ago, Semaj23 said:

Hi

Does anyone know if there is going to be a reboot this year?

If so when?

Welcome to megathread. Please search before posting. Like just google. You can find FAQ from Best Answer (the green post).

rrr2020.thumb.PNG.d6997456583e112b4db36ac9206cbb69.PNG

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's always funny to see these 1~3 posts wonders ask for something that would've clearly been plastered all over the internet if it was happening...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The video will obviously be less than a minutes' length tho,

Are we allowed to use resources like the ROG logo in our entry videos?

Newbie. Please forgive me if I say anything wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Akshay07V said:

The video will obviously be less than a minutes' length tho,

Are we allowed to use resources like the ROG logo in our entry videos?

Lets please keep these in one thread. Before, during and after the competition.

Using anything copyrighted without permission is always iffy. The "fair use" bit allows some use, but ofc can't be the point since point should be your current situation. Asus and many other brands have image pack for media purposes, you can use that without issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv