Painting Sleeved PSU Cables

M0SIE

I recently bought a set of Black PSU Extension Cables but when it arrived it was white.Theres no refunds so is it possible to just paint it black?

15 hours ago, M0SIE said:

I recently bought a set of Black PSU Extension Cables but when it arrived it was white.Theres no refunds so is it possible to just paint it black?

yep. but avoid getting the pins and ends with paint.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

If you were shipped the wrong item, the first thing you should do is contact the retailer/seller you bought it from. Their refund policy is irrelevant.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

I am in agreement with @ArcticSalad.  Do that first.  They are almost certainly paintable but it’s a lousy solution compared to the right cables.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Whatever store your bought them from should have some sort of policy in place that if they send you the wrong item, you can exchange it for the proper one.

But if you purchased from a private seller, well that would make more sense here. In that case, use painters tape and tape off the connectors at both ends. I don't know what kind of paint you should use (someone else hopefully will) but it could be a fun little project still.

5 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Whatever store your bought them from should have some sort of policy in place that if they send you the wrong item, you can exchange it for the proper one.

But if you purchased from a private seller, well that would make more sense here. In that case, use painters tape and tape off the connectors at both ends. I don't know what kind of paint you should use (someone else hopefully will) but it could be a fun little project still.

* waves helpfully at the mention of paint*

different paints are for different surfaces.  What are these cable sleeves made out of?  Cloth? Plastic?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.