Where to buy Anodized M3 countersunk screws & washers?

SuperShires

So I've seen in some builds floating about that people replace standard m3 screws with some nice anodized ones and I'm wondering where I'd be able to get some? I cant seem to find any m3 ones, really only m5/6 so I'm wondering if there are PC specific stores that would sell them? 

Also what length would they need to be?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, SuperShires said:

So I've seen in some builds floating about that people replace standard m3 screws with some nice anodized ones and I'm wondering where I'd be able to get some? I cant seem to find any m3 ones, really only m5/6 so I'm wondering if there are PC specific stores that would sell them? 

Thanks.

eBay is your best bet for specifics such as that, there are hobby or RC shops that will also have components such as those. Most times the bolts will be silver stainless and the washers being an anodized aluminium. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10pcs-Aluminum-M2-M2-5-M3-M4-M5-Anodized-Countersunk-Head-Bolt-Washer-Gasket-LOT/401577786039?hash=item5d7fe6bab7:m:mGQYQzJP_ZuQ-p0yxTFpp3w

-Moved to Modding Section- 

On 11/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, SuperShires said:

I can find plenty of anodized M3x0.5 - screws on e.g. eBay, but they're all Torx-head instead of Philips; just search for "m3 screw multicolor" and take your pick. You'll obviously need a Torx-screwdriver, then. If you want Philips-head, though...well, I have no idea where to get those.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, SuperShires said:

Oh, forgot to say that they're normally 5mm long. Those anodized screws I find on eBay are typically 6mm long, but the 1mm difference is unlikely to matter.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

25 minutes ago, W-L said:

eBay is your best bet for specifics such as that, there are hobby or RC shops that will also have components such as those. Most times the bolts will be silver stainless and the washers being an anodized aluminium. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10pcs-Aluminum-M2-M2-5-M3-M4-M5-Anodized-Countersunk-Head-Bolt-Washer-Gasket-LOT/401577786039?hash=item5d7fe6bab7:m:mGQYQzJP_ZuQ-p0yxTFpp3w

-Moved to Modding Section- 

They're just the washers not the screws.

23 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I can find plenty of anodized M3x0.5 - screws on e.g. eBay, but they're all Torx-head instead of Philips; just search for "m3 screw multicolor" and take your pick. You'll obviously need a Torx-screwdriver, then. If you want Philips-head, though...well, I have no idea where to get those.

Hmm the only ones that show up seem to be pretty long, but 5mm is the standard length of case screws?

21 minutes ago, James Evens said:

The UK caseking (overclocker uk) should have them.

I had a look and could only find thumb screws :(

3 minutes ago, SuperShires said:

They're just the washers not the screws.

Hmm the only ones that show up seem to be pretty long, but 5mm is the standard length of case screws?

I had a look and could only find thumb screws :(

There are lots of places online that sell them just look around, to note that most are aluminum and you do not want to torque them severely or put a lot of load, for a motherboard that would be no worry. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hex-Socket-Bolts-Countersunk-Flat-Head-Screws-M2-M3-M4-M5-M6-Aluminum-Alloy-LOT/173965085558

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

There are lots of places online that sell them just look around, to note that most are aluminum and you do not want to torque them severely or put a lot of load, for a motherboard that would be no worry. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hex-Socket-Bolts-Countersunk-Flat-Head-Screws-M2-M3-M4-M5-M6-Aluminum-Alloy-LOT/173965085558

Thanks for the info, they look pretty good but I'll have to find a UK seller

18 hours ago, W-L said:

Yeah they're pretty much the ones I settled for haha. Got some black screws with green washers which should look good. All in all £10 for 10 screws and washers which is mad when you think about it but should look sweet :)