Game of the decade???

supanova214

Final Fantasy XIV and its expansions. Name me one other game that:

• Had a complete turn-around after suffering from a catastrophic launch
  • Turned around a company's financial earnings (https://www.engadget.com/2014/02/05/final-fantasy-xiv-provides-square-enix-profitable-2013/)
  • Continued to be well received, with the latest expansion being one of the highest rated titles of this year
  • Is looking to topple or has toppled the top long time runner in its genre, depending on who you ask and what statistic they're using
  • And just for fun: has a development team that actively communicates with its players and gets involved with its community.

It's unrealistic to pick just one multiplayer game because the genres are so different.

So for me:

Singleplayer: Dark Souls 3.

Multiplayer: StarCraft 2, Heroes of the Storm, Dark Souls 3. 

There are many, many other great games I played, but these 3 are the ones I played for hundreds, if not thousands of hours. Hell, I haven't really played StarCraft 2 since LotV came out, and I still watch tournament matches all the time. 

EDIT: Ah screw it, I gotta add some honorable mentions for a few truly great games from the 2010s. 

In no particular order:

Doom 2016

Prey

Skyrim

Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon

Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2

Fallout New Vegas

The entire Souls-like genre (Dark Souls series, Bloodborne, Surge series, Nioh, Immortal Unchained, etc.)

CS:GO

Tyranny

Witcher 3

Bioshock Infinite

Titanfall 2

Stellaris

Metro series

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

Fallout new Vegas 

mass effect 2

titanfall 2

Skyrim when it came out. 

and the real game of the decade...

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 2! 

I’m not really excited about many games that came out. Especially not from the second half. 

Doom & arma 3 were pretty good but not really über cool. 

Well I gotta give it to The Witcher 3, really it's above it's time by a long shot

• 1 month later...

The Witcher 3 hands down.

Not only is the game gorgeous in every aspect, you get more than what you pay for.  You actually got a full game for $60 at release, not a game broken into paywalls and DLC's (the DLC's are actually worth it too).  The publisher/developer have done a service to the gaming industry and should be rewarded for putting the customer first.

40 minutes ago, erichunt said:

The Witcher 3 hands down.

Not only is the game gorgeous in every aspect, you get more than what you pay for.  You actually got a full game for $60 at release, not a game broken into paywalls and DLC's (the DLC's are actually worth it too).  The publisher/developer have done a service to the gaming industry and should be rewarded for putting the customer first.

This.