The Ripoff Mac Pro Case is HERE

nicklmg
47 minutes ago, Rex Hite said:

Since the premise behind the product itself is a ripoff, their behavior with respect to delivery seems on-brand.

"Ripoff" is such an ugly word.

"Homage" sounds so much better 🤣

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, MaxZegan said:

Well i worked for the company for a bit and was promised a early model and then a finished product and after multiple promises, never happened, Alex's promises are worthless, do not invest in this company, i wasted 2 years on this project and i've finally had enough of the bullshit from the CEO and his unpaid workers. asyou can see from the dates, multiple promises of shipping one out and still nothing to this day.

Thank you so much for sharing. The more evidence we have, the better we can help protect other consumers from Dune Case preying on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt from the Dune team is leaving, and the new update is a joke. There is no doubt he is leaving to try to avoid legal action, but is using "I was offered a new job, and I will be leaving" to get himself out asap.

Only ~80 people got expedited shipping, and they need 240 to ship. Something they only mentioned today.

The people are waiting to see what the class action does, as it is now "Mid-January" and there is zero movement. Dont let them escape.

Posted below: the Dune update from today

Shipping Options being assembled and dispatched!

Greeting Everyone,

We hoped everyone has had a great Christmas and New Year holiday celebration. As we reflect on 2021, it has been a difficult year for many of us. At the Dune team we were faced with many challenges around container availability. As we go into 2022, we have offered new options to progress the shipping of the Dune Pro with Expedited Courier and Expedited container. While we have been constantly tried to get a container for all backers (standard shipping), placing an order for a container has been difficult. However, the new options have been great and the feedback from the community has been incredibly supportive.

Expedited Courier Update:

Since we have launched our website, many backers have opted in for the expedited Courier option. Today there has been around 81 backers that have paid for this option, and we have started to process them since January 3, 2022. Since then, the first week of January was focused on processing the color matching, leveling the parts, quality control checks, and delivery to the assembly. In the second week, the process parts have been delivered by 12 January 18, 2022, and we had started to quality control check, assembly and pack the cases. We manage to an assembly several cases on Friday, Saturday last week and we aim to finish the assembly this Thursday. Some may ask why did we leave this to after the New Year? Our planning was to collect the orders in December 2021, and after Jan 3 we would have clear scope on how many we need to assemble.

Expedited Container Update:

We had hoped that more backers opted for the expedited container option as this was the most economical moving forward. At the same time, we understand that some backers are not confident and would rather wait to see what happens with the other shipping options. We currently need the following quoter to have the expedited shipping fulfilled.

North America = 20ft Container (240 Cases)

Europe = 20ft Container (240 Cases)

Rest of the World = (LCL shared container)

Today we have over 80 backers that have opted for the expedited container. The good news is that once the container has reached its quoter, we can immediately book a container and within a week the container can be loaded up and shipped out to the destination.

Dune Team has been ready to ship since May 2021. What is the delay?

Towards the end of May 2021, the Dune team had plan to ship out the Dune Pro cases to all backers. Since that date, there has been a numerous event that took place which also influenced container prices and availability. At that time, the shipping port in Shenzhen was shut down; there where power outages in the region; and container prices skyrocketed and has not come down on price. In 2020 the container prices where reasonable and the shipping charges on the Dune Pro case was calculated at an additional 20-35 dollars for fulfillment. This was feasible early 2020. Since then, we had experienced COVID, and the world saw inflation on all products globally since then. Container prices today have increased to more than 10 times in comparison to early 2020. Since May 2021 we have been ordering containers for all our backers but haven’t been successful at getting a container with allocated funds for shipping. We have also budgeted all profit of each Dune Pro to be put towards the Shipping cost in addition to the 20–35-dollar shipping charge. Even at these prices we still not able to get a container. We tried this for months and put bids on containers, but with no success. After a few months, the community had strongly suggested that we look at other options and today we offer optional shipping services that is aligned with today environment and what backers requested. Today we offer Expedited Courier and Expedited Container.

What is the difference with the new shipping options?

The Dune Pro offers Standard shipping, Expedited Shipping and Expedited Courier. The following explains the difference.

Standard Shipping: Bid on a container at market rate (No guarantees on availability).

Expedited Container Service: Guarantees a container with quicker turnaround time at an inflated price. The suggested delivery time is within 8-12 weeks after dispatch. (Subject to port dwell time and Local Delivery time)

Fast Courier Service: is a premium, all-inclusive service which collects and delivers shipments in the shortest possible period. The suggested delivery time is within 7-14 days after dispatch. A door-to-door tracking number will be provided so you can monitor your shipment. (Subject to Courier Delivery Times.)

How to apply for a Shipping Alternative:

1) Every backer will receive an account activation email. We have sent this to the email address linked to your Indiegogo account. Account activation links your existing Indiegogo order information to our website.

You must use the email address linked to your Indiegogo account. If your email address has changed, please email info@dunecase.com to reach a resolution.

2) Once your account is activated, you can purchase an optional Shipping Alternative.

Shipping Alternatives can be purchased here: https://dunecase.com/products/indiegogo-shipping-upgrade

Dune Case Website - New Customers

During the last few months, we have received hundreds of enquiries... How can I order a Dune Pro? Where can I buy a Dune Pro? What platform can I buy a Dune Pro? With our first initial backers receiving their Dune Pro units, we have now fully completed the transition to a Direct Purchase Model, allowing new customers to Pre-Order a Dune Pro.

New Customers can Pre-Order a Dune Pro here: https://dunecase.com/products/dune-pro

New customers can expect their Dune Pro to be dispatched once all Indiegogo backer orders have been fulfilled.

If you have any further questions, please ensure to reach out to the Dune Team on Official Platforms, including Indiegogo Comments, Discord, social media and via email.

Indiegogo Comments: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dune-pro-pc-...

Discord: https://discord.gg/fPRKFDD

Facebook: https://facebook.com/dunecase

Instagram: https://instagram.com/dunecase

Twitter: https://twitter.com/dunecase

Email: info@dunecase.com

Other platforms which feature the Dune name or branding are not operated by the Dune Team and may pose Security or Privacy risks to our backers. We are hosting Q&A Sessions regularly on Discord, allowing backers to talk to the Dune Team to ask your questions.

Many thanks,

Dune Team

Since then, the first week of January was focused on processing the color matching, leveling the parts, quality control checks, and delivery to the assembly. In the second week, the process parts have been delivered by 12 January 18, 2022, and we had started to quality control check, assembly and pack the cases. We manage to an assembly several cases on Friday, Saturday last week and we aim to finish the assembly this Thursday

Towards the end of May 2021, the Dune team had plan to ship out the Dune Pro cases to all backers.

So which is it? Cases have been manufactured and awaiting departure out of China since May 2021, or cases are just now beginning to be manufactured?

Whatever happened to those 600 cases that were already manufactured and sitting in a warehouse ready to be shipped? Wouldn't Dune just send those to customers who chose expedited shipping? Hmmm...

On 1/18/2022 at 10:12 AM, Guns N Rosen said:

So which is it? Cases have been manufactured and awaiting departure out of China since May 2021, or cases are just now beginning to be manufactured?

Whatever happened to those 600 cases that were already manufactured and sitting in a warehouse ready to be shipped? Wouldn't Dune just send those to customers who chose expedited shipping? Hmmm...

They don't and have never existed. If anyone had 600 cases laying around, one photo would exist. Alex would never provide one on Discord after being asked multiple times. 

Edit. I would also like to point out they said they couldn't get a photo because the cases were at the 3pl, they sat there for months apparently (all shipping companies love customer stock just laying around) and then they "picked them back up" for a revision. Still no photos. 

The campaign was recently Suspended on IGG and it says "This campaign is under review. It is not accepting contributions". The backers listed has gone down to 1377 from the 4000 or whatever where there before too so I wonder what is happening. 

2 hours ago, pedrotski said:

The campaign was recently Suspended on IGG and it says "This campaign is under review. It is not accepting contributions". The backers listed has gone down to 1377 from the 4000 or whatever where there before too so I wonder what is happening. 

The 1,377 backer total is from the OG crowdfunding campaign. There were 1,386 backers when the campaign ended on Nov 18, 2019: https://web.archive.org/web/20191211195431/https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dune-pro-pc-case#/

Dune was still accepting new orders after the campaign ended, up until at least November 2020 through IGG's InDemand option. That's why there are over 4,000 total backers and over $1.3 million USD raised. 

48 minutes ago, Guns N Rosen said:

The 1,377 backer total is from the OG crowdfunding campaign. There were 1,386 backers when the campaign ended on Nov 18, 2019: https://web.archive.org/web/20191211195431/https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dune-pro-pc-case#/

Dune was still accepting new orders after the campaign ended, up until at least November 2020 through IGG's InDemand option. That's why there are over 4,000 total backers and over $1.3 million USD raised. 

I know this. I'm pointing out what happened recently. 

I'm clarifying for anyone that isn't sure what's going on with the numbers. There's some confusion about backers and refunds after the IGG change.

• 4 weeks later...

I was one of the “lucky” 10 to receive a case early before everything seemed to spiral, even so; the Dice-Y cover doesn’t fit properly, there were missing screws, missing filters, the power button + USB PCB tolerance is off just enough that tightening the screws on it depresses the button against the case (or if left loose, removing a USB-C cable from either port will cause the PCB to lift against the case and click the power button), and fixes were promised in a “care package” that has yet to materialize. 

Since then as detailed in posts above, while “waiting for the shipping container situation to improve for all backers,” they’ve opened up the ability to purchase faster premium individual shipping but have seemingly only shipped a fraction of orders placed this way and many if not all appear to be missing the Dice-Y cover among other parts. Folks spent $350 for this shipping (and it wasn’t fast) in addition to the ~$300 already spent on the case itself. The cheaper expedited container shipping doesn’t really have the numbers or momentum to happen and I wager everyone who spent the $99 on it will have lost even more of their money.

Indiegogo began sending refunds to people who asked but the percentage of the campaign funds that they hold for such issues was bled dry fairly quickly.

I’d like to receive all of the missing parts that were promised but it’s been a couple months since then and again nothing has come of it, and it’s beginning to feel more likely that a majority of backers won’t be receiving cases. Dune has stacks among stacks of finished parts yet to be assembled and shipped; feels so close, yet so mismanaged and unlikely.

The last two months for me have been spent trying to find fixes for the issues while waiting for the supposed care package and I’ve yet to find washers that perfectly fix the PCB issue or matching screws for the parts that are missing them. Aside from these issues, the case is actually really amazing. It sucks that this whole situation seems doomed and I hope to be wrong because I figure most people would really like it.

A shame.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

1: This was a scam

2: How many products has Linus endorsed that ended up being scams? I doubt this was the only one.

3: Alexander C. Gomez is currently in Phoenix, Arizona.  We are currently investing in PI's to search out his personal residence and place of business. Please note, his Wilmington Delaware address was 100% falsified to avoid legal action. 

4: His personal email address is kanguro_@hotmail.com

5: If you haven't done it already, report fraud to the us government https://www.usa.gov/state-consumer, additionally, report Alexander C Gomez, owner of Dune Case LLC to your state's Attorney General.
6: @linus, I realize you're here to make money, but please use due dilligence vs focusing on dollar signs. Your little video cost consumers $1,000,000.00 in financial losses. (fact).

• 4 weeks later...

On top of everything that has happened, Indiegogo has also set the page to "noindex"

What this means is Indiegogo is trying to hide this from people in search engines.

They know they messed up releasing the funds to Alex Gomez 

The least the LTT team could do is take the video down. Its a slap in the face they keep it live even though they helped people get scammed out of 7 figures. 

Untitledsfsdfsdfd.png

On 4/1/2022 at 7:21 AM, blaubac said:

2: How many products has Linus endorsed that ended up being scams? I doubt this was the only one.

6: @linus, I realize you're here to make money, but please use due dilligence vs focusing on dollar signs. Your little video cost consumers $1,000,000.00 in financial losses. (fact).

2. The video does straight up start with Linus saying he does not endorse  the company or the IndieGoGo campaign specifically because of the crowdfunding stuff and their past experiences.
6. His tag isn't Linus and I he didn't make more or less money by liking the preproduction model vs disliking it. Also I'm very curious how you could determine it was a fact that $1,00,000 in financial losses were specifically from his youtube video. The idea that over 2/3rds of the backers came specifically from their video seems like a very extreme claim.

29 minutes ago, pedrotski said:

The least the LTT team could do is take the video down. Its a slap in the face they keep it live even though they helped people get scammed out of 7 figures. 

Pretty sure LTT doesn't really take down videos, normally which is part of why they changed the title to (DO NOT BUY)

16 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

The idea that over 2/3rds of the backers came specifically from their video seems like a very extreme claim.

You only need to spend about 2 seconds in their Discord to see most people came from (and are still coming from) from the LTT video. 

Before the video they only had a few hundred backers, It ended up being in the thousands range. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another sharp mark against the legitimacy of the Dune Pro Case and its CEO, Alexander C. Gomez - Shopify has now terminated the Dune Case storefront. While Shopify customer service won't tell us the reason, we have gotten confirmation that this wasn't some sort of accident or temporary outage, and that their account was specifically disabled. Going to DuneCase.com now lands you on this page:

2078214335_ScreenShot2022-05-18at3_20_43PM.thumb.png.e183699f75b0b44c589d8e68a74faf85.png

Alexander C. Gome and the Dune Case team had been using this site to take new orders since Indiegogo shut them down last year. They were also using this site to offer "expedited shipping" to backers, who - in return - received nothing.

Given the large number of reports the storefront has been getting and the number of refunds requested by victims of Dune Case, it is likely that the store was flagged as fraudulent and removed.

Although this doesn't do much to get justice for those who fell victim of the scam on IndieGoGo, it does go a long way to making sure that future would-be victims aren't scammed and cuts off the only source of income that Dune Case and Alexander C. Gomez had left.

They completely shut down any communication and the last update was four month ago. I think it's fair to say the entire project is dead as a doornail.

Great! I always wanted a cheese grater built into my PC case.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

23 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

They completely shut down any communication and the last update was four month ago. I think it's fair to say the entire project is dead as a doornail.

Alex actually communicated to MacPato, a user who replied to this thread a few months ago outlining his participation with the project, earlier today. He claims that someone "hacked" into the Shopify and the website this morning - something Shopify support has confirmed to me is not true.

Here's the full communication with Alex / Dune Case:

Screenshot_2022-05-18_at_10_34_04.thumb.png.695d364c9d1abf618644510388a0d6f2.png

Screenshot_2022-05-18_at_10_35_00.thumb.png.66defde8cf0242c1c4a42e107a8a06fa.png

(Also, for the record - that last bit about Theo having nothing bad to say about Alex and Dune is completely incorrect. Theo, who for those who aren't aware served as Dunes "Director of Communications" for 1 whole month before quitting - had this to say about why he quit:)

IMG_3242.png.thumb.jpeg.659c78e292933e6b78278bce953b8dff.jpeg

The gaslighting and fraud continues.

• 3 months later...

Are there any alternatives? I still like the design very much but Apple don't sell the case separetly that I'm aware and making it from scratch is probably very expensive! Not as expensive as buying the real thing just for the case of course. I even looked for 3D printing the thing but didn't get anything from google!

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2022 at 2:44 AM, costafilh0 said:

Are there any alternatives? I still like the design very much but Apple don't sell the case separetly that I'm aware and making it from scratch is probably very expensive! Not as expensive as buying the real thing just for the case of course. I even looked for 3D printing the thing but didn't get anything from google!

Yes there is. It's called Black Mac Server. A better version than the scammers at dune could ever dream of. Since its full of people who were burnt by scammer Alexander Gomez, there are lots of pictures, reviews and even public tracking info on some of the cases shipped there too. https://discord.gg/KXwBzFFkTA

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Dune LLC said:

Dune Pro Status And Update 2023

Dune Project faced a tough 2022 with issues with covid and various other factors including losing key team members which resulted to scrapping the entire design and starting over, Which means the majority of materials and parts manufactured had to be recycled. We also were concerned after shipping a number of cases to a select few backers that the standards we expected and wanted for our product was not reflecting in what we shipped to those backers, When the feedback was received we decided to rework, refine and redesign certain elements of the case.he full sto

China has since re-opened for business and we are back there after CNY to finish what we started and want to get mass production going after the CNY, so around mid- February. For anyone that backed the project a Indiegogo update will be posted by the end of this weekend dated January 15th. Thank you

Wow, wasn't expecting an update, I do not know the full story. Just saw this post and though if I manage ver strong arm and custom build a mobo can I run hackingtosh like the old days?

• 4 weeks later...

Guys this project is a scam, don't believe anything they say. The other day they deleted the chat history from Discord and started a new channel, and they're banning anyone who speaks out against them. This is whitewashing. They're trying to clean up their image to continue the scam.