NZXT H200 Build PSU Advice

Gus_Soul

Hi everyone,

So i have just downsized from a 410 Phantom to a H200 for my new Mini ITX Ryzen Build.
Having a bit of a dilemma atm, I'm currently running my 3600 with a H100i v2 on intake at the front of the case, two rear fans as exhaust and running a full size ATX EVGA 750w PSU from my previous system.

My issue is my EVGA 980TI ACX 2.0 is obviously running much hotter that before, as expected (from around 60/65c to now 70/75c under load). 
My question is has anyone tested ATX vs SFX psu in the h200 with regards to GPU temps? i understand they will be more breathing room for the gpu but how much more! ?
I know 75c isn't bad under full load for these cards as they run pretty hot but would like to try lower that temp down a bit if possible.  Any advice?

7 minutes ago, Gus_Soul said:

Hi everyone,

It doesn't look like the PSU shroud even really has holes

the best thing you can do aside from replacing the glass with a 3d printed mesh side panel

is putting a fan on the rear and top for intake, and making your radiator exhaust out of the front of the case.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

@Streetguru it has some okay meshing I'd say, the entire shroud top is meshed the issue is the full size atx psu is basicly right up against that shroud on the under side. So it kind of counters the fact its there!

Did think about reversing the airflow that way, might give it a go and see what temps I get as my cpu doesn't get very hot tbh. Nothing over 55 in ryzen master (hovers around 45 usual) or 60 ish packet temp in hwmonitor with the h100 pump on quiet mode and fans with a moderate curve too. 

Since reversing the airflow will affect cpu temps. 

1 minute ago, Gus_Soul said:

@Streetguru it has some okay meshing I'd say, the entire shroud top is meshed the issue is the full size atx psu is basicly

It doesn't look like the holes on the PSU shroud are very large, unless there's some big gap on one side of it to let some air through.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

12 hours ago, Gus_Soul said:

Hi everyone,

So i have just downsized from a 410 Phantom to a H200 for my new Mini ITX Ryzen Build.
Having a bit of a dilemma atm, I'm currently running my 3600 with a H100i v2 on intake at the front of the case, two rear fans as exhaust and running a full size ATX EVGA 750w PSU from my previous system.

My issue is my EVGA 980TI ACX 2.0 is obviously running much hotter that before, as expected (from around 60/65c to now 70/75c under load). 
My question is has anyone tested ATX vs SFX psu in the h200 with regards to GPU temps? i understand they will be more breathing room for the gpu but how much more! ?
I know 75c isn't bad under full load for these cards as they run pretty hot but would like to try lower that temp down a bit if possible.  Any advice?

GN used an SFF PSU (since it's part of their standard mITX test bench) which yielded good results.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3332-nzxt-h200-h200i-mini-itx-case-review-benchmark

Will it make a difference? All signs point to Probably. Will it be worth the $100+ you'd spend on a decent SFF PSU in a similar class to your current one? That's up to you.

10 hours ago, Streetguru said:

It doesn't look like the holes on the PSU shroud are very large, unless there's some big gap on one side of it to let some air through.

The holes make a substantial difference

2 nzxt h200 torture gpu

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Will it make a difference? All signs point to Probably. Will it be worth the $100+ you'd spend on a decent SFF PSU in a similar class to your current one? That's up to you.

Yeah SFF PSU's seems quite pricey for a decent modular one so i think i'll stick to my ATX for now. 

Planning a GPU upgrade down the line maybe in a month or so ( still unsure 2060 S or 5700 XT) so hopefully those run a little cooler and going with the shorter cards maybe i'll get some more breathing room.

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 1:23 PM, Gus_Soul said:

Yeah SFF PSU's seems quite pricey for a decent modular one so i think i'll stick to my ATX for now. 

Planning a GPU upgrade down the line maybe in a month or so ( still unsure 2060 S or 5700 XT) so hopefully those run a little cooler and going with the shorter cards maybe i'll get some more breathing room.

How did it work out?  Have You purchased new GPU yet? 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

I'd get a SFX psu as you'll be able to stick a fan on top of the psu (inside the shroud) to blow air up to the gpu through the vented holes. My 2070s was at similar temps to your 980ti and after I added the fan temps dropped by about 9c.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, Vejnemojnen said:

How did it work out?  Have You purchased new GPU yet? 

Nopee. was waiting to see what the Christmas prices where gunna be like and never ended up upgrading! Waiting to see what AMD releases this year. As for the games i play the 980ti has been doing me fine