New GPU worse FPS

Go to solution Solved by IronaSona,
2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Glad to help,i wanted to get to the bottom of the problem to make sure that money isn't unnecessarily wasted :)

you're a legend, take care )

thanks again

So i upgraded my old graphics card to new one from GTX 750 Ti to GTX Sinx 970 and am getting worse fps, i use to get 60+ fps in CSGO with 750 but with 970 am now hardly hitting 40 fps mark i even upgraded my power supply i bought EVGA 500W and even that didnt make a difference.Please help am not a big tech guy .

Specs

AMD A10-7860K Radeon R7,12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60hdz

RAM:8.95GB

GPU:GTX Sinx 970

PowerSupply:Evga 500w

Motherboard:GIGABYTE GA F2A68HM HD2

Download DDU and clear the old drivers and then download new drivers and see how that works

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

I don't think that APU is doing that card any favors.

I would do as @shaz2sxy suggested, however I don't think it will do much good as the system isn't well balanced now, the 750ti paired better with your CPU. Throwing in a more powerful GPU is causing a bottleneck(your CPU is to weak to keep up with the new GPU). If you want to see an improvement you'll need to upgrade your CPU to something that will pair better with the 970.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I would do as @shaz2sxy suggested, however I don't think it will do much good as the system isn't well balanced now, the 750ti paired better with your CPU. Throwing in a more powerful GPU is causing a bottleneck(your CPU is to weak to keep up with the new GPU). If you want to see an improvement you'll need to upgrade your CPU to something that will pair better with the 970.

Do you have any suggestions on what CPU i should get ?

1 minute ago, IronaSona said:

On your current platform nothing it's full upgrade time.

4 minutes ago, IronaSona said:

Unfortunately the highest you could go with that board is the A10-8750, but that is not at all worth spending money on. I would recommend a full platform upgrade. Ryzen is a fantastic option, if you would like suggestions, give me a budget and your country and I can throw an upgrade list together for you.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

On your current platform nothing it's full upgrade time.

What things do i need to upgrade and do you have suggestion what i should get so my Graphics card would work better ?

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Unfortunately the highest you could go with that board is the A10-8750, but that is not at all worth spending money on. I would recommend a full platform upgrade. Ryzen is a fantastic option, if you would like suggestions, give me a budget and your country and I can throw an upgrade list together for you.

i could approximately spend around 400-500 USA dollars

19 minutes ago, IronaSona said:

i use to get 60+ fps in CSGO with 750 but with 970 am now hardly hitting 40 fps mark

For what is worth it CS:GO is CPU Intensive so a new GPU shouldn't improve a whole lot since your CPU is fairly weak by today standards.

That said you changed architectures, from Fermi to Maxwell on the GPU so you should indeed DDU in Safe Mode and install the drivers fresh new.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

10 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I agree the CPU is a bottleneck BUT it shouldn't reduce the FPS compared to the 750ti

you would expect it to be on par or a higher

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

cpu is bottleneck, reduction in performance wise only thing i can think of is temps from gpu increased cpu temps increased thermal throttling and as cpu is bottleneck u got worse fps only thing i can think off.

So what do you all think i should upgrade and to what? , so i would get good performance using my 970 ?

1 minute ago, IronaSona said:

So what do you all think i should upgrade and to what? , so i would get good performance using my 970 ?

Have you tried DDU the driver first?

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

38 minutes ago, IronaSona said:

RAM:8.95GB

Well that might be a problem. Is there supposed to be 2x8GB RAM?

Maybe hardware reserved 7.05GB?

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

Well that might be a problem. Is there supposed to be 2x8GB RAM?

yes

3 minutes ago, IronaSona said:

yes

Perhaps try swapping them or just reseating. Pull out and insert in again.

And try to disable integrated GPU if thats possible.

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

Perhaps try swapping them or just reseating.

And what RAM you think i should get ?

8 minutes ago, IronaSona said:

And what RAM you think i should get ?

No, just physically remove them from slots and swap the sticks so they'd be in other slot

Edited: But nevermind,  you're going to upgrade.

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

No, just physically remove them from slots and swap the sticks so they'd be in other slots.

ok thank you ill try that.

Try installing new GPU drivers from NVIDIA web site, installer latest chipset drivers from AMD website, and i guess that about it. As previously said, you should see an improvement in games not a reduction.

You are seeing the limits of your whole system, a Ryzen 2600 and a cheap B450 motherboard with 3200mhz ram is a good and budget friendly option.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

31 minutes ago, IronaSona said:

i could approximately spend around 400-500 USA dollars

You didn't list your country so I can't give exact prices or if these components are available where you live, but this would be a decent upgrade.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $118.00 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $89.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $67.98 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $275.97
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-16 13:03 EDT-0400  

Edit: My PCpartpicker is messed up shows different prices on the website then when I post a link it show's different prices and retailers. Don't know what's causing it.

3 minutes ago, IronaSona said:

If i upgrade my core to i5 7400, motherboard to Gigabyte B450M GAMING Motherboard, Socket AM4,B450,DDR4,S-ATA 600,Micro ATX and upgrade my ram to 16GB ddr4 will that help ?

The i5 7400 is an Intel CPU and the B450 motherboard is an AMD board they will not work together. I wouldn't advise getting an older than 8th gen Intel CPU(as Intel's CPUs are way overpriced even after they're old or used) or even going Intel at all right now, Ryzen's price to performance is unbeatable.