EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|ngp|n Edition

Where's the link to that voltage tool?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

this is unofficialy the most overpowerd card on the market at the moment and unofficialy  the most awesome video wich totally didn't hint to unofficial pages at a unofficial way.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

This is one of the most horrible EVGA cards released, actually a lot of them are pretty ugly since they decided to implement that stupid "ACX" coolers.

Luckily there will be waterblocks available; does anyone knows if there will be another options other than "EK"?.

I just got one of these. Do I just plug it in? Because I saw in the comments someone saying its useless if you don't put it under water..

Cheese

Go ahead and plug it in, the card doesn't become useless suddenly on air. In fact, I would argue you have the best air cooler of any card at the moment. You should expect 1300 MHz on core and 1700-1800 MHz memory if you flash the 3888KPTI BIOS in the thread I linked above.

Go ahead and plug it in, the card doesn't become useless suddenly on air. In fact, I would argue you have the best air cooler of any card at the moment. You should expect 1300 MHz on core and 1700-1800 MHz memory if you flash the 3888KPTI BIOS in the thread I linked above.

So nothing will happen if I plug it in?

Cheese

lol what do you think will happen? It is a graphics card, as long as you have a power supply that can provide 8+8+6 PCI-E power cables and can power up your system, it will run like any other GPU.

Everyone is buying EK WaterBlocks for it. Even you -.-...

Cheese

I bought the cards knowing I will be watercooling them and have all the other components ready as it is. You can try it out on air and see how you like it.

Will it reach its maxium potential if it's on air? Will it break if it's on air?

Cheese

It will definitely not reach its max potential on air, the cooler the card is the better it will perform. It will not "break". I really hope you know what you are doing with the card because your questions are not necessarily giving me confidence that you will know how to even use it.

Quick question for Slick if you are reading this : You said you tested the voltages with a multimeter. What kind of multimeter are you using and did you find the readings to be accurate ? Because when I tested on my 780 Lightning, the numbers were off by 0.1v which is huge imo.

Fuck me I didn't realize how large the card was until I saw it side by side with the reference cooler model.

Love that Case Badge too.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

NCIX: n/a

Amazon: n/a

EVGA: http://www.evga.com/articles/00813/#Kingpin

edit: added BT Sync secret for the voltage changer application. You can get BT Sync here: http://getsync.com/

Secret: BFC2XTYOWZHGRG7C6CZ6EKFYCTAKIT6PX

So we don't know much about how to GET a K|ngp|n card other than that EVGA will have some kind of exclusive "build to order" program for it. In the meantime, stay tuned because if you've got the coin to spare... you're going to want one of these bad boys. By far the boss-est GTX 780 Ti we've ever used.

I would buy one and underclock it just to make people angry.

Erm how does this BitTorrent sync work? I have it set up correctly but the files are not downloading, is it just cause people are downloading it and there isn't enough bandwidth or did I not set it up correctly? It says i'm synced with three other PC's but no transfers :( .

its so ugly. 

waterblock it, if you are buying this card you should not be at least running it in a custom loop.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I think Homer Simpson said it best when he said  "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

4+ Years on Steam - Profile Name: Nimbus ~l~ Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit ~l~ ASUS Z87 Pro ATX Intel Motherboard ~l~ Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz Processor ~l~

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3072MB GDDR5 Video Card ~l~ Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 8GB Memory Modules) ~l~

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ~l~ Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200 RPM Internal Hard Drive ~l~ Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply ~l~ NZXT Crafted Series Phantom 410 Mid Tower ATX - Black

I was just reading out the comments here and on YouTube, and that "sigh" was directed at that. People fail to understand this card works much better with better cooling so while Linus did not have the EK blocks and I understand why his team had to stick with air cooling, comments like "2-5 FPS for $150 more???? LMAO FAIL!!!1!!!" make me sad.

if 200 mhz gives you 2 fps than i agree with those comments. i get it its fun to play with but cmon

if 200 mhz gives you 2 fps than i agree with those comments. i get it its fun to play with but cmon

You are missing the whole point of this card, this is not a gaming card specifically. See quote below from EVGA's Jacob that puts it in a more polite context than what many others who bought the card will:

No worries, this card is an extreme card and definitely not for everyone, that's the reason why we still sell the reference one :thumb:

I was just reading out the comments here and on YouTube, and that "sigh" was directed at that. People fail to understand this card works much better with better cooling so while Linus did not have the EK blocks and I understand why his team had to stick with air cooling, comments like "2-5 FPS for $150 more???? LMAO FAIL!!!1!!!" make me sad.

Don't ever look at youtube comments... ever.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Fuck me I didn't realize how large the card was until I saw it side by side with the reference cooler model.

Love that Case Badge too.

Actually the original card was a few inches behind the Kingpin in the shot I think you are talking about so it is not actually like 4x bigger but it is pretty huge still.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"