2 different types of ram?

Probably a rhetorical question but can i use, for example, 2× ddr4 2666 4gb stick with 2× ddr4 3200 8gb sticks. Im currently using the 2 8gb sticks but was wondering if i can throw in my 2 4gb sticks for added memory. 4gb sticks are digital storm brand and the 8gb are gskill ripjaws.

4 minutes ago, iPickle94 said:

Probably a rhetorical question but can i use, for example, 2× ddr4 2666 4gb stick with 2× ddr4 3200 8gb sticks. Im currently using the 2 8gb sticks but was wondering if i can throw in my 2 4gb sticks for added memory. 4gb sticks are digital storm brand and the 8gb are gskill ripjaws.

2x4 + 2x8?

Should work. Though at lower rated sticks speed. If there is no ram shortage 2X8 higher speed would be better

I edit my posts more often than not

Now is there any configuration i might have to do that you may know of?

12 hours ago, iPickle94 said:

Probably your RAM settings are set to "auto" so everything should be fine. 

I edit my posts more often than not

10 minutes ago, iPickle94 said:

Check what speed it's running at.  Best case it will likely drop to 2666 as mentioned already.  It's possible it might even go to a base speed like 2133.  Regardless, you may be able to push the slower sticks up to match the faster ones using normal overclocking methods.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.