JST 3 pin to 3 pin fan connector

Chrismantle

Today I tried to relate my noisy fan in my Pegasus R6 raid enclosure, with a whisper quiet Noctua fan. Long story short, I messed up in the fan connectors, and my initial plan to adapt the proprietary fan connector to the standard 3 pin connector has failed, and I need an adapter to the connector.

The connector on the board appears to be some kind of JST connector. But I really can’t find a suitable adapter.

I have enclosed images of the connector (white) with the black “standard” 3 pin connector as a reference. 

What is this connector exactly called? And do you have a link to where I might be able to buy an adapter?

6505BA7B-D283-4CAD-8257-0ECC6A21DB07.jpeg

9B9C89E5-601C-4796-AB80-CFCA18A9D04C.jpeg

FBF004AC-1723-4122-9281-B54EB1AA5F93.jpeg

just splice the wire , you'll be up and running in minutes

• 2 years later...

Hey man, sorry for the late reply.. hope you have things sorted by now. The JST series “XH” connector which has a pin to pin pitch of 2.5mm was deveolped in the year 1957 in Tokyo, Japan. This was the first of the JST line of connections and if you ask me, the best. The supple lines on the body of the connector make for an effortless install and the assurance it will never come loose. Unfortunately, due to nepotism in the higher ranks of the Japan Solderless Terminal manufacturing company, this connection would be superceeded by the more basic JST connection seen in your picture (black). This would become the standard for most small fans used in tech. However, this was not the end for our little friend. There was a remnant at the JST manufacturing company that still believed the only true connection was the XH series. Working and communicating in code to meet this end, all they found were customers building Uniterrupted Power Supplies (UPS’s) that found the logic and the pleasure of finding the correct wrist angle when installing an XH series connector. This would go on for many years where a very small portion of the population knew the benefits and pleasures of the XH series connection. Sadly this continues to this day. I commend you for buying a fan made for a UPS with an XH series connection, it has given confidence to those who still believe back in Japan that this will catch on and take ground in the market share of pinout connectors. 

i hope this provides some insight into an issue very close to my heart.

TLDR - that’s a JST XH 2.5 connection

14 hours ago, Xx_UPSxFiend_xX said:

Hey man, sorry for the late reply.. hope you have things sorted by now. The JST series “XH” connector which has a pin to pin pitch of 2.5mm was deveolped in the year 1957 in Tokyo, Japan. This was the first of the JST line of connections and if you ask me, the best. The supple lines on the body of the connector make for an effortless install and the assurance it will never come loose. Unfortunately, due to nepotism in the higher ranks of the Japan Solderless Terminal manufacturing company, this connection would be superceeded by the more basic JST connection seen in your picture (black). This would become the standard for most small fans used in tech. However, this was not the end for our little friend. There was a remnant at the JST manufacturing company that still believed the only true connection was the XH series. Working and communicating in code to meet this end, all they found were customers building Uniterrupted Power Supplies (UPS’s) that found the logic and the pleasure of finding the correct wrist angle when installing an XH series connector. This would go on for many years where a very small portion of the population knew the benefits and pleasures of the XH series connection. Sadly this continues to this day. I commend you for buying a fan made for a UPS with an XH series connection, it has given confidence to those who still believe back in Japan that this will catch on and take ground in the market share of pinout connectors. 

i hope this provides some insight into an issue very close to my heart.

TLDR - that’s a JST XH 2.5 connection

the jst-sm is better and way more common even the stander 3/4 pin fan connector is good too.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links