Blizzard Preventing Users From Deleting their Accounts

Deus Voltage
4 minutes ago, Suika said:

Why do you need proof to believe that a government, known to be oppressive, is using its market to pressure foreign companies to conduct business in a way they see fit, but you don't need proof to believe that the casters were in on the entire event and that they weren't fired solely to appease an oppressive regime?

Do you really like that Winnie the Pooh lookin' President Xi or something?

You use the word millennial but I don't think you know what millennial means.

Tim Sweeney, CEO and controlling share owner of Epic Games, has publicly stated that Epic Games supports the rights of players and content creators and will not be censoring like Activision-Blizzard has.

It's also worth noting that Tencent has a 40% share of Epic Games, but only a 5% share of Activision-Blizzard. I don't believe Tencent is even a factor in this discussion if that's the case, then.

oh i dont think you do

and did blizz cut the stream?

did casters duck away?

oh thats right everyone knew it was wrong and prolly broke the rules

whats next

for the domino effect

hey I won

post interview

vote for xxx, dont vote for yyy

free these people

holy land belongs to xxx

fuck that it doesnt belong there

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

where is this proof?

The alternative where they did this out of their own disapproval for the HK protests is even worse for AB. Believe what you will.

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

guy gets disciplined and millennials cry

The only ones crying are people like you who can't stand it when a corporation gets called out on their bullshit. Or are you just looking for any excuse to make fun of "millenials"? Can you show me on the doll where the bad millenial touched you? Do you care to know that most or at least a large part of the people who are angry over this and deleting their accounts are probably gen z?

People are rightfully angry because what AB did was a dick move, no matter how you twist it. Cry me a river if you don't like that.

58 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

The gist of the rules is that you aren't supposed to bring up things like politics which is exactly what he did.

No, the gist of the rule is that you can't say anything AB doesn't like. Nowhere in the rule are politics or any other topic mentioned explicitly. Again, they have a legal right to do this but they weren't forced to take any action of the sort.

59 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I'm sorry but if he thought a hearthstone tournament was the right time to bring up politics and protest then he is incredibly wrong.

Imagine an olympic athlete being banned from the games for saying they support a protest or public manifestation in an interview. Imagine Kaepernick getting instantly kicked out of the game and receiving no money for his previous work in the season for kneeling during the anthem. This wouldn't fly in any other form of competition, there's no reason we should accept it in esports.

These people have the occasion of speaking in public and having some outreach, it's absolutely the right time to show support for a cause you believe in. He didn't do it in a disrespectful or extreme way, either - he just wore a gas mask and calmly voiced his support.

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

It doesn't take a genius to think about the action and realize most companies would be mad about it.

Who cares? He did what he though was right and in response AB acted like assholes. It doesn't matter if it was expected.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

The alternative where they did this out of their own disapproval for the HK protests is even worse for AB. Believe what you will.

The only ones crying are people like you who can't stand it when a corporation gets called out on their bullshit. Or are you just looking for any excuse to make fun of "millenials"? Can you show me on the doll where the bad millenial touched you? Do you care to know that most or at least a large part of the people who are angry over this and deleting their accounts are probably gen z?

People are rightfully angry because what AB did was a dick move, no matter how you twist it. Cry me a river if you don't like that.

No, the gist of the rule is that you can't say anything AB doesn't like. Nowhere in the rule are politics or any other topic mentioned explicitly. Again, they have a legal right to do this but they weren't forced to take any action of the sort.

Imagine an olympic athlete being banned from the games for saying they support a protest or public manifestation in an interview. Imagine Kaepernick getting instantly kicked out of the game and receiving no money for his previous work in the season for kneeling during the anthem. This wouldn't fly in any other form of competition, there's no reason we should accept it in esports.

These people have the occasion of speaking in public and having some outreach, it's absolutely the right time to show support for a cause you believe in. He didn't do it in a disrespectful or extreme way, either - he just wore a gas mask and calmly voiced his support.

Who cares? He did what he though was right and in response AB acted like assholes. It doesn't matter if it was expected.

hahaha

only one getting bend up is you

im pointing out my opinion that blizz did the right thing because a gaming platform isnt for politics

its not even allowed here ironically

many corporations fire and terminate contracts because of people including their politics/religious views into the mix

damned if they do

and damned if they dont

I support blizz

set an example and keep this shit out of it

fyi if they didnt cut stream and casters didnt act differently ducking away and shit

like they also knew it was wrong

i'd be against it but clearly blizz took action on a live stream and punished everyone involved

GOOD

The European Union are going to have a field day with this :D.

image.png.6e1d1ae2d968b76d11276ee3768f2950.png

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

17 minutes ago, Sauron said:

They never explicitly say politics but the wording heavily points in that direction and certainly falls under it. Also this is just a general rule that professionals follow regardless of rules stating you can't. Politics has a time and a place and during a professional hearthstone tournament isn't one of them. 

4 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Lots of people are sure it's because they're getting money from the Chinese government. Which honestly isn't all that unreasonable, except nobody has been able to find me any proof.

Tencent owns shares in Blizzard, if they weren't getting money from the Chinese government then Blizzard clearly wouldn't be going pro-China and prevent users from removing their accounts.

4 hours ago, pas008 said:

what does that matter

guy broke the rules

the casters that ducked away even was fired

why were they ducking away?

cause they knew it was wrong and was premediated

The rules of the tournament were apparently really vague, Blizzard could've banned anyone for any reason.

It was wrong to fire the broadcasters though, now they're really making the political stance obvious by not letting people delete their account which everyone should have the right to do for whatever reason, HK is more of a morals and human rights issue than politics though.

... and locked!

As usual, political discussions aren't allowed on this forum, there were enough Tech news points related to this to leave it open, until now. I guess I'll be expecting some PM about being a sellout now? ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !