bios no signal until windows boot

Go to solution Solved by shablagoo,

as its turns out this mobo wont support modded gpu bios which it is a shame i just had to change the gpu bios 

system : biostar b360gt5s , rx 580 , i3 9100f 

sooo my monitor doesn't show anything until windows welcome screen comes up

if i press del to get into the bios,the screen just remains black

i have no integrated graphic so i can't use the mobo ports

i've change the monitor , gpu , updated the bios , taking out 1 ram,taking out hdd. but couldn't get any signal during boot on my monitor yet

the problem is not that i cant go into the bios
the problem is that my monitor don't get any signal while im in bios

sry for my bad english

Windows button, hold shift, click restart PC.

When it goes to the blue screen, select troubleshoot and then boot to UEFI.

When it restarts and goes into BIOS, deselect ultra fast boot

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Plutosaurus said:

Windows button, hold shift, click restart PC.

When it goes to the blue screen, select troubleshoot and then boot to UEFI.

When it restarts and goes into BIOS, deselect ultra fast boot

didn't work . as i mentioned monitor can't get any signal until windows comes up

20191009_084643.jpg

pull the cmos battery 5m try again

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

try different ports on gpu

45 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

pull the cmos battery 5m try again

did that already no luck

45 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

try different ports on gpu

changed both ports and even pcies no luck :( 

Do you have multiple monitors? HDMI is default on most graphics cards. If a monitor is connected to HDMI and one to displayport - HDMI will show the bios splash screen even if the monitor is set to monitor 1 in windows.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

6 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Do you have multiple monitors? HDMI is default on most graphics cards. If a monitor is connected to HDMI and one to displayport - HDMI will show the bios splash screen even if the monitor is set to monitor 1 in windows.

no just 1 monitor but i tried other ports and other monitors 

Could it be your monitor searching - have you tried setting the source to manual?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Could it be your monitor searching - have you tried setting the source to manual?

nah if it was the monitor i have tried an old crc monitor and 2 tvs.. one of them should have worked properly and not to mention my system was working fine before i changing my mobo and cpu 

1 minute ago, shablagoo said:

nah if it was the monitor i have tried an old crc monitor and 2 tvs.. one of them should have worked properly and not to mention my system was working fine before i changing my mobo and cpu 

ok try if you can enter bios from windows 10 - either search for 'BIOS' or follow this https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/access-bios-windows-10

FS in Denmark/EU:

35 minutes ago, shablagoo said:

did that already no luck

When you cleared CMOS did you also clear the capacitors? (Switch off PSU, hold power button for a few seconds)

Just a wild guess but it's helped me before

3 minutes ago, Sporos said:

When you cleared CMOS did you also clear the capacitors? (Switch off PSU, hold power button for a few seconds)

Just a wild guess but it's helped me before

i just connected the jumper with a screw driver for a few sec and took out the battery but im sure it worked because pc restart 3 times before boot to windows again 

and i forgot to mention but this mobo have 2 bios and i've tried that as well 

3 minutes ago, shablagoo said:

i just connected the jumper with a screw driver for a few sec and took out the battery but im sure it worked because pc restart 3 times before boot to windows again

Okay, so if you updated your bios does that mean you're able to access the bios from Windows like Nick suggested? If you can, check to see if any "fast boot" modes are enabled by default.

Also, is UEFI configured?

Just now, Sporos said:

Okay, so if you updated your bios does that mean you're able to access the bios from Windows like Nick suggested? If you can, check to see if any "fast boot" modes are enabled by default.

Also, is UEFI configured?

i just updated bios using the software on windows how can i check fast boot with that???

my windows is uefi but the bios configuration must be on default

2 minutes ago, shablagoo said:

i just updated bios using the software on windows how can i check fast boot with that???

my windows is uefi but the bios configuration must be on default

So I'm looking at your MOBO on biostars website and you can download VGA drivers for it. Are you sure there's no onboard video? Try installing that now.

Here's a direct link: https://download.biostar.com.tw/upload/Driver/Chipset/Intel/VGA/CFL/Graphics.zip

As for accessing the bios from within windows, you need their bioscreen utility: https://download.biostar.com.tw/upload/Driver/RACING_Software_INTEL/BIOScreen.zip

Try installing the VGA bios first and see if you can boot with onboard video

2 minutes ago, Sporos said:

So I'm looking at your MOBO on biostars website and you can download VGA drivers for it. Are you sure there's no onboard video? Try installing that now.

Here's a direct link: https://download.biostar.com.tw/upload/Driver/Chipset/Intel/VGA/CFL/Graphics.zip

As for accessing the bios from within windows, you need their bioscreen utility: https://download.biostar.com.tw/upload/Driver/RACING_Software_INTEL/BIOScreen.zip

Try installing the VGA bios first and see if you can boot with onboard video

i tried to install the vga but its not getting install

if i open the bioscreen app the pc just freeze and restart 

the onboard driver is (kbl) so its for kaby lake cpus and mine dont have integrated gpu

i tried to install the vga but its not getting install

if i open the bioscreen app the pc just freeze and restart 

So I made a small mistake, the bioscreen utility isn't what I thought it is. It's just for changing the boot image.

But that's strange. What happens when you try to install the VGA bios? Can you screenshot?

1 minute ago, Sporos said:

What happens when you try to install the VGA bios? Can you screenshot?

VGA driver* I meant

BTW

4 hours ago, shablagoo said:

i3 9100f

Has no iGPU ... mobo should support iGPU probably.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Sporos said:

VGA driver* I meant

2 minutes ago, Sporos said:

VGA driver* I meant

im downloading it rn

1.PNG

Ah okay, so tan just pointed out that your CPU doesn't have a built in GPU, which I did not realize. That's why you're seeing this.

Hang on let me try and find a utility to let you access your bios in windows