bios no signal until windows boot

Go to solution Solved by shablagoo,

as its turns out this mobo wont support modded gpu bios which it is a shame i just had to change the gpu bios 

4 minutes ago, Sporos said:

Are your Radeon drivers up to date?

the latest is 19.10 mine is 19.9 i have downloaded the latest but haven't install it yet didn't think that it could help though 

i'll go ddu and install it rn

4 minutes ago, shablagoo said:

the latest is 19.10 mine is 19.9 i have downloaded the latest but haven't install it yet didn't think that it could help though 

i'll go ddu and install it rn

Cool. I did some more digging and somebody said the rx580 is known to be buggy with this board or chipset. If you have a spare video card you may want to drop it in and try to rule out the motherboard.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-signal-on-monitor-until-windows-boots-up.3532671/#post-21341410

Is this you? 

9 minutes ago, Sporos said:

Cool. I did some more digging and somebody said the rx580 is known to be buggy with this board or chipset. If you have a spare video card you may want to drop it in and try to rule out the motherboard.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-signal-on-monitor-until-windows-boots-up.3532671/#post-21341410

Is this you? 

Ok now that i have ddu my driver i have no display at all it wont go to the windows now ????

I tried with a gt430 but that didnt boot to the windows neither 

Edited by shablagoo

3 minutes ago, shablagoo said:

Ok now that i have ddu my driver i have no display at all it wont go to the windows now ????

I tried with a gt430 but that didnt boot to the windows neither 

Christ man I'm sorry. All you did was update your Radeon drivers in the AMD panel?

12 minutes ago, Sporos said:

Is this you? 

Yep thats me

1 minute ago, Sporos said:

Christ man I'm sorry. All you did was update your Radeon drivers in the AMD panel?

It didnt get to that point i have ran the ddu to uninstall the current driver firstand after restart it wont boot to windows

1 minute ago, shablagoo said:

Yep thats me

Did you let the Radeon update finish and then restart? Remember it's normal for the screen to shut out for a few seconds while updating video drivers.

It didnt get to that point i have ran the ddu to uninstall the current driver firstand after restart it wont boot to windows

Probably because you uninstalled the video driver which isn't really necessary. Windows should automatically install a basic driver on boot if it's missing. Do you know if windows is up-to-date?

Probably because you uninstalled the video driver which isn't really necessary. Windows should automatically install a basic driver on boot if it's missing. Do you know if windows is up-to-date?

Yes it is 

5 minutes ago, Sporos said:

Did you let the Radeon update finish and then restart? Remember it's normal for the screen to shut out for a few seconds while updating video drivers.

I didnt install the new driver since im use to use ddu first before installing new driver 

I didnt install the new driver since im use to use ddu first before installing new driver 

Okay I gotcha. Don't worry, I'm here to help you and I'm not going anywhere.

Which pci-express slot is your card installed into?

6 minutes ago, Sporos said:

Okay I gotcha. Don't worry, I'm here to help you and I'm not going anywhere.

Which pci-express slot is your card installed into?

The one from the top

2 minutes ago, shablagoo said:

The one from the top

At the very top? Closest to your CPU? Hhhhmmmm.

I think it's safe to say that your motherboard doesn't know which device to use as the main GPU. It would only display in windows because the drivers told it what to use. Because the drivers are uninstalled, there's no default to fall back on now. And because the board isn't recognizing it, windows won't Install a driver automatically. 

Can you take a photo of the inside of your case so I can get a better idea of what we're dealing with?

3 minutes ago, Sporos said:

At the very top? Closest to your CPU? Hhhhmmmm.

I think it's safe to say that your motherboard doesn't know which device to use as the main GPU. It would only display in windows because the drivers told it what to use. Because the drivers are uninstalled, there's no default to fall back on now. And because the board isn't recognizing it, windows won't Install a driver automatically. 

Can you take a photo of the inside of your case so I can get a better idea of what we're dealing with?

20191009_124632.jpg

12 minutes ago, shablagoo said:

20191009_124632.jpg

Try switching your card to the 2nd slot.

I'm 99% sure your board is trying to use the onboard graphics but it sucks that you can't just get in your bios to change it. Maybe switching slots will force it to refresh.

Try switching your card to the 2nd slot.

I'm 99% sure your board is trying to use the onboard graphics but it sucks that you can't just get in your bios to change it. Maybe switching slots will force it to refresh.

Im ahead of you but it seems to not working i think my only option now is to find a cpu that works 

Im ahead of you but it seems to not working i think my only option now is to find a cpu that works 

Your best bet may be to get a different board. I've had issues like this before in my cryptomining days and motherboards can be very temperamental with detecting your card and automatically using it instead of trying to use onboard video. Sometimes it will just randomly work when you're messing with it.

It's total BS that the biostar board;

A. Doesn't detect your i3 and disable onboard video automatically 

B. Won't just automatically detect and use PCI-E graphics, and

C. Has no utility to let you access the bios from within windows.

I would return the board to where you got it and get a different one, preferably one made by Asus or MSI. I remember a few years back hearing good things about biostar but as of lately they've really fallen behind compared to other manufacturers. 

Also keep in mind that when you power cycle the system a bunch of times, windows may boot to the recovery menu rather than booting straight to your desktop, but you can't see what it's doing so you have no clue. Again, I go with a different board.

I'm sorry you can't get into windows anymore

3 minutes ago, Sporos said:

Your best bet may be to get a different board. I've had issues like this before in my cryptomining days and motherboards can be very temperamental with detecting your card and automatically using it instead of trying to use onboard video. Sometimes it will just randomly work when you're messing with it.

It's total BS that the biostar board;

A. Doesn't detect your i3 and disable onboard video automatically 

B. Won't just automatically detect and use PCI-E graphics, and

C. Has no utility to let you access the bios from within windows.

I would return the board to where you got it and get a different one, preferably one made by Asus or MSI. I remember a few years back hearing good things about biostar but as of lately they've really fallen behind compared to other manufacturers. 

Also keep in mind that when you power cycle the system a bunch of times, windows may boot to the recovery menu rather than booting straight to your desktop, but you can't see what it's doing so you have no clue. Again, I go with a different board.

I'm sorry you can't get into windows anymore

Yeah you right i would probably change the mobo if they accept that or atleast send it back to them to fix this 

Thnx for your help mate ❤❤

Yeah you right i would probably change the mobo if they accept that or atleast send it back to them to fix this 

Thnx for your help mate ❤❤

Np bud, just don't get the same board again because it's not defective it's just bad design. Get an Asus B360

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:37 PM, Sporos said:

Np bud, just don't get the same board again because it's not defective it's just bad design. Get an Asus B360

They didnnt change the mobo and they have tested both cpu and mobo and both were working fine they even send me a live video to show me everything . 

But they have used their own gpu to test it not mine .is it possible bcz all of my gpus are modded i cant get any display?

• 2 weeks later...

as its turns out this mobo wont support modded gpu bios which it is a shame i just had to change the gpu bios 

• 7 months later...

After shutting down my pc the fan do not stop and the keyboard light like num lock, cap lock blink continuesly any one can guide what can I do 

• 8 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, shablagoo said:

system : biostar b360gt5s , rx 580 , i3 9100f 

sooo my monitor doesn't show anything until windows welcome screen comes up

if i press del to get into the bios,the screen just remains black

i have no integrated graphic so i can't use the mobo ports

i've change the monitor , gpu , updated the bios , taking out 1 ram,taking out hdd. but couldn't get any signal during boot on my monitor yet

the problem is not that i cant go into the bios
the problem is that my monitor don't get any signal while im in bios

sry for my bad english

I had the same issues for months and I have finally found out the actual issue and it was so simple. Most Nvidia cards need an updated driver specifically for display port 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 and 2.1 monitors. I had this exact issue for so long and almost gave up but as soon as I found this driver and updated it, it works flawlessly I can get a signal as soon as the bios shows up and never have to use the igpu again to see the bios screen. LEGIT took me 8 months of on and off troubleshooting to find the solution and anyone that has this issue I bet this is your solution. Just wanted to post the answer to help future people because I read this post like 30 times while trying to find the fix. 😌