adding a new keyboard command

shinegull

Is there a way to add a new keyboard command to turn my touchpad on and off?

If possible I was hoping to add a fn+ins command or just convert the ins button entirely.

Not sure if it makes a different, but I am using a Razer Blade 15 2018

You could use AutoHotKey for this: https://www.autohotkey.com/

You only have to setup so it captures your desired keyboard shortcut (e.g. fn+ins or ins on its own) and then have it do the correct action for turning the touchpad off (which is usually fn+f6/f7/f8, just depends on your laptop).

The code should look a little something like this:

^Ins::
	; Hold function
	SendInput, {F6}
	; Let go of function
Return

The only thing is that function is typically not see as a regular key. So in this example I did not include the proper command for that. This code now only works when pressing Ctrl (what the ^ means) and Insert and doesn't hold down the function key in the actual command.

I recommend checking this to see what the keycommand you need for function

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm#SpecialKeys

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, minibois said:

You could use AutoHotKey for this: https://www.autohotkey.com/

You only have to setup so it captures your desired keyboard shortcut (e.g. fn+ins or ins on its own) and then have it do the correct action for turning the touchpad off (which is usually fn+f6/f7/f8, just depends on your laptop).

The code should look a little something like this:

^Ins::
	; Hold function
	SendInput, {F6}
	; Let go of function
Return

The only thing is that function is typically not see as a regular key. So in this example I did not include the proper command for that. This code now only works when pressing Ctrl (what the ^ means) and Insert and doesn't hold down the function key in the actual command.

I recommend checking this to see what the keycommand you need for function

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm#SpecialKeys

The Razer Blade doesnt come with  keyboard command to turn the touchpad on or off.

I want to make it so that when i press the ins / insert key, my touchpad will be disabled if on, or enabled if off

I was finally able to set something up with this

~ins::
GetKeystate, insstate, ins, T
blockinput, % ((insstate= "D") ? ("mousemove") : ("mousemoveoff"))
return

As far as I can tell, when i press ins, touchpad turns on and off,

but would this affect affect an actual physical mouse or just the touchpad?

7 hours ago, shinegull said:

I was finally able to set something up with this

~ins::
GetKeystate, insstate, ins, T
blockinput, % ((insstate= "D") ? ("mousemove") : ("mousemoveoff"))
return

As far as I can tell, when i press ins, touchpad turns on and off,

but would this affect affect an actual physical mouse or just the touchpad?

That should affect a physical mouse as well. 

If you only want to disable the touchpad, you can make a powershell script along the lines of: 

$sort = Get-PnpDevice | Where-Object {$_.FriendlyName -like '*Synaptics*'}
foreach ($object in $sort) {
Disable-PnpDevice -InstanceId $object.InstanceId -confirm:$false
}

(swapping *synaptics* with whatever FriendlyName value your touchpad has, and then another script that is the same but Enable-PnpDevice for when you want to turn it back on)

and setup AHK to run the scripts. 

2 minutes ago, WWicket said:

That should affect a physical mouse as well. 

If you only want to disable the touchpad, you can make a powershell script using Get-PnpDevice| where {$_.friendlyname -like "*touch*" and Enable-PnpDevice/ Disable-PnpDevice -Confirm:$false, and trigger that with AHK. 

ok, i gotta admit, im lost already.

I just modified a script i found earlier, and did trial and error until it worked.

so, honestly, im not actually sure how or where to put the line you gave me.

6 hours ago, shinegull said:

honestly, im not actually sure how or where to put the line you gave me.

I haven't used AHK for a long time, so maybe someone else will know for sure, but should be something like: 

^!d::
RunAs, Administrator, PASSWORD
Run, powershell -Command "$sort = Get-PnpDevice | Where-Object {$_.FriendlyName -like '*Synaptics*'}; foreach ($object in $sort) {
Disable-PnpDevice -InstanceId $object.InstanceId -confirm:$false}"
return

^!e::
Run, powershell -Command "$sort = Get-PnpDevice | Where-Object {$_.FriendlyName -like '*Synaptics*'}; foreach ($object in $sort) {
Enable-PnpDevice -InstanceId $object.InstanceId -confirm:$false}"
return

Obviously, replacing Synaptics with the Friendlyname of your touchpad and Administrator and PASSWORD with actual credentials. And that would be mapped to control+alt+d/control+alt+e, so you'd have to change that to whatever you want. 

1 hour ago, WWicket said:

I haven't used AHK for a long time, so maybe someone else will know for sure, but should be something like: 

^!d::
Disable-PnpDevice -InstanceId $object.InstanceId -confirm:$false}"
return

^!e::
Enable-PnpDevice -InstanceId $object.InstanceId -confirm:$false}"
return

Obviously, replacing Synaptics with the Friendlyname of your touchpad and Administrator and PASSWORD with actual credentials. And that would be mapped to control+alt+d/control+alt+e, so you'd have to change that to whatever you want. 

i looked at my mice and pointing devices in device manager, and theres only 4. 1 of them being razer blade and the other 3 being HID compliant. i tried disabling them 1 by one, but even after a restart, none of them affects the touchpad.  anywhere else i can look for the name of my touchpad?

open powershell, run 'Get-PnpDevice', copy paste the results here (probably as a spoiler as it will be a long list).

7 minutes ago, WWicket said:

open powershell, run 'Get-PnpDevice', copy paste the results here (probably as a spoiler as it will be a long list).

Spoiler

Status     Class           FriendlyName                                                                     InstanceId
------     -----           ------------                                                                     ----------
OK         System          PCI standard RAM Controller                                                      PCI\VEN_...
OK         HIDClass        USB Input Device                                                                 USB\VID_...
OK         Bluetooth       Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator                                                BTH\MS_B...
OK         System          Intel(R) SPI (flash) Controller - A324                                           PCI\VEN_...
OK         System          System CMOS/real time clock                                                      ACPI\PNP...
OK         System          Motherboard resources                                                            ACPI\PNP...
OK         System          Motherboard resources                                                            ACPI\PNP...
Unknown    SoftwareDevice  DESKTOP-6LBA604                                                                  SWD\DAFU...
Unknown    MEDIA           Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy                                                SW\{96E0...
OK         SoftwareComp... Intel(R) Grfx VK binaries                                                        SWD\DRIV...
OK         Mouse           HID-compliant mouse                                                              HID\1A58...
OK         System          Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI                                  ACPI\PNP...
OK         System          Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI                                  ACPI\PNP...
OK         MEDIA           Jabra Elite Active 65t Hands-Free                                                BTHHFENU...
Unknown    HIDClass        HID-compliant vendor-defined device                                              HID\VID_...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant consumer control device                                            HID\VID_...
OK         Battery         Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery                                  ACPI\PNP...
OK         System          ACPI Fan                                                                         ACPI\PNP...
OK         System          ACPI Fan                                                                         ACPI\PNP...
OK         System          Programmable interrupt controller                                                ACPI\PNP...
OK         System          ACPI Processor Aggregator                                                        ACPI\ACP...
OK         SCSIAdapter     Standard NVM Express Controller                                                  PCI\VEN_...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant consumer control device                                            HID\VID_...
OK         PrintQueue      Root Print Queue                                                                 SWD\PRIN...
Unknown    Modem           SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem                                                         USB\VID_...
OK         System          Volume Manager                                                                   ROOT\VOL...
Unknown    HIDClass        HID-compliant vendor-defined device                                              HID\VID_...
Unknown    WPD             HDD                                                                              SWD\WPDB...
OK         AudioEndpoint   Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio Codec with DolbyAPO)                                  SWD\MMDE...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant device                                                             HID\VID_...
OK         DiskDrive       Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB                                                          SCSI\DIS...
OK         System          Motherboard resources                                                            ACPI\INT...
OK         Net             WAN Miniport (PPPOE)                                                             SWD\MSRR...
OK         Keyboard        HID Keyboard Device                                                              HID\VID_...
Unknown    HIDClass        USB Input Device                                                                 USB\VID_...
OK         HIDClass        USB Input Device                                                                 USB\VID_...
OK         System          Intel(R) Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 3EC4                                       PCI\VEN_...
OK                         Bluetooth Peripheral Device                                                      BTHENUM\...
OK         System          Microsoft Basic Display Driver                                                   ROOT\BAS...
OK         System          Intel(R) Management Engine Interface                                             PCI\VEN_...
Unknown    HIDClass        HID-compliant system controller                                                  HID\VID_...
OK         System          ACPI Sleep Button                                                                ACPI\PNP...
Unknown    USB             USB Mass Storage Device                                                          USB\VID_...
OK         Ports           Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM3)                                       BTHENUM\...
Unknown    HIDClass        HID-compliant consumer control device                                            HID\VID_...
OK         SoftwareComp... Intel(R) OpenCL CPU x86 binaries                                                 SWD\DRIV...
OK         System          Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - A368                                    PCI\VEN_...
OK         System          ACPI Thermal Zone                                                                ACPI\THE...
Unknown    Mouse           HID-compliant mouse                                                              HID\VID_...
Unknown    DiskDrive       Lexar JumpDrive USB Device                                                       USBSTOR\...
Unknown    Volume          Volume                                                                           STORAGE\...
OK         SoftwareComp... Dolby APO DAPv251                                                                SWD\DRIV...
OK         SoftwareDevice  Microsoft RRAS Root Enumerator                                                   SWD\MSRR...
Unknown    SoftwareDevice  BiglyBT on DESKTOP-6LBA604                                                       SWD\DAFU...
Unknown    SCSIAdapter     USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device                                      USB\VID_...
OK         Volume          Volume                                                                           STORAGE\...
Unknown    PrintQueue      HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134 PCLm-S (Network)                                       SWD\PRIN...
OK         Net             WAN Miniport (PPTP)                                                              SWD\MSRR...
OK         System          Intel(R) Thermal Subsystem - A379                                                PCI\VEN_...
Unknown    USB             Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)                            USB\VID_...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant touch pad                                                          HID\1A58...
Unknown    Monitor         Generic PnP Monitor                                                              DISPLAY\...
OK         System          Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization Infrastructure Driver                           ROOT\VID...
OK         SoftwareComp... Intel(R) Media SDK binaries                                                      SWD\DRIV...
OK         System          High precision event timer                                                       ACPI\PNP...
OK         SoftwareComp... Realtek Hardware Support Application                                             SWD\DRIV...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant system controller                                                  HID\VID_...
OK         Keyboard        HID Keyboard Device                                                              HID\VID_...
OK         SoftwareDevice  Bluetooth                                                                        SWD\RADI...
OK         Net             WAN Miniport (IKEv2)                                                             SWD\MSRR...
OK         System          Composite Bus Enumerator                                                         ROOT\COM...
OK         System          Microsoft Virtual Drive Enumerator                                               ROOT\VDR...
Unknown    Image           NPI28541A (HP LaserJet MFP M130fw)                                               SWD\DAFW...
Unknown    USB             USB Composite Device                                                             USB\VID_...
OK         USB             USB Composite Device                                                             USB\VID_...
Unknown    USB             USB Composite Device                                                             USB\VID_...
OK         System          Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family LPC Controller (HM370) - A30D                 PCI\VEN_...
OK         Volume          Volume                                                                           STORAGE\...
Unknown    Volume          Volume                                                                           STORAGE\...
OK         Image           HP LJ M129M134 (NET)                                                             ROOT\SCA...
OK         HIDClass        I2C HID Device                                                                   ACPI\1A5...
OK         SCSIAdapter     Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller                                              ROOT\SPA...
OK         MEDIA           Bluedio T Stereo                                                                 BTHENUM\...
OK         Battery         Microsoft AC Adapter                                                             ACPI\ACP...
Unknown    DiskDrive       ATA TOSHIBA DT01ACA3 SCSI Disk Device                                            SCSI\DIS...
OK         Keyboard        Razer Blade                                                                      HID\VID_...
OK         Net             Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter                                           ROOT\KDN...
OK         VolumeSnapshot  Generic volume shadow copy                                                       STORAGE\...
OK         VolumeSnapshot  Generic volume shadow copy                                                       STORAGE\...
Unknown    VolumeSnapshot  Generic volume shadow copy                                                       STORAGE\...
OK                         Bluetooth Peripheral Device                                                      BTHENUM\...
Unknown    HIDClass        USB Input Device                                                                 USB\VID_...
OK         Bluetooth       Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator                                                   BTH\MS_B...
OK         HIDClass        Logitech Gaming Virtual Mouse                                                    LOGIDEVI...
OK         System          Bluedio T Hands-Free Audio Profile                                               BTHENUM\...
OK         USB             USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)                                                           USB\ROOT...
OK         System          High Definition Audio Controller                                                 PCI\VEN_...
OK         System          Numeric data processor                                                           ACPI\PNP...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant vendor-defined device                                              HID\VID_...
Unknown    WSDPrintDevice  NPI28541A (HP LaserJet MFP M130fw)                                               SWD\DAFW...
OK         Net             Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter                                           {5D624F9...
OK         Net             Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2                                        {5D624F9...
OK         System          Intel(R) SMBus - A323                                                            PCI\VEN_...
Unknown    SoftwareDevice  NPI28541A (HP LaserJet MFP M130fw)                                               SWD\DAFW...
OK         HIDClass        Razer Blade                                                                      RZVIRTUA...
Unknown    HIDClass        Razer Blade                                                                      RZVIRTUA...
OK         SoftwareDevice  Living Room TV                                                                   SWD\DAFU...
OK         Bluetooth       Jabra Elite Active 65t Avrcp Transport                                           BTHENUM\...
OK         PrintQueue      Fax                                                                              SWD\PRIN...
Unknown    Modem           SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem #2                                                      USB\VID_...
OK         SoftwareComp... Realtek Audio Universal Service                                                  SWD\DRIV...
OK         Bluetooth       Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)                                           BTH\MS_R...
OK         Net             Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)                                         BTH\MS_B...
OK         PrintQueue      OneNote                                                                          SWD\PRIN...
OK         HIDClass        Microsoft Input Configuration Device                                             HID\1A58...
OK         System          Intel(R) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901                                            PCI\VEN_...
Unknown    SoftwareDevice  NPI28541A (HP LaserJet MFP M130fw)                                               SWD\DAFW...
Unknown    Mouse           HID-compliant mouse                                                              HID\VID_...
OK         System          UMBus Root Bus Enumerator                                                        ROOT\UMB...
Unknown    WPD             UNRAID                                                                           SWD\WPDB...
OK         System          Charge Arbitration Driver                                                        ROOT\CAD...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant vendor-defined device                                              HID\VID_...
Unknown    USB             HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134 (SOAP Fax)                                             USB\VID_...
OK         SoftwareDevice  Microsoft Radio Device Enumeration Bus                                           SWD\RADI...
OK         PrintQueue      Fax - HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134                                                  SWD\PRIN...
Unknown    Keyboard        HID Keyboard Device                                                              HID\VID_...
OK         System          Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #9 - A330                                         PCI\VEN_...
OK         SoftwareDevice  Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator                                     SWD\MSDA...
Unknown    Net             RAS Async Adapter                                                                SW\{EEAB...
Unknown    USB             HP LJ M129M134 (UNUSEDSCANSTUB)                                                  USB\VID_...
OK         Computer        ACPI x64-based PC                                                                ROOT\ACP...
OK         SoftwareComp... DolbyAPOconfigsvc Device (Service)                                               SWD\DRIV...
OK         Net             WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)                                                   SWD\MSRR...
OK         Net             WAN Miniport (IP)                                                                SWD\MSRR...
Unknown    Image           HP LJ M129M134 (USB)                                                             USB\VID_...
OK         System          PCI Express Root Complex                                                         ACPI\PNP...
Unknown    USB             HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134(IPP WinUSB)                                            USB\VID_...
Unknown    WPD             Nelson Note 8                                                                    USB\VID_...
OK         Bluetooth       Bluedio T                                                                        BTHENUM\...
OK         System          Intel(R) Serial IO UART Host Controller - A328                                   PCI\VEN_...
OK         System          Jabra Elite Active 65t Hands-Free Audio Profile                                  BTHENUM\...
Unknown    USB             HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134(REST)                                                  USB\VID_...
OK         AudioEndpoint   Microphone (Realtek(R) Audio Codec with DolbyAPO)                                SWD\MMDE...
OK         System          ACPI Power Button                                                                ACPI\PNP...
OK         System          Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System                                                  ACPI_HAL...
OK                                                                                                          HTREE\RO...
OK         System          Microsoft Basic Render Driver                                                    ROOT\BAS...
Unknown    Monitor         Generic PnP Monitor                                                              DISPLAY\...
Unknown    USBDevice       HP LEDM                                                                          USB\VID_...
OK         SoftwareDevice  Wi-Fi                                                                            SWD\RADI...
Unknown    System          High Definition Audio Controller                                                 PCI\VEN_...
OK         Net             WAN Miniport (SSTP)                                                              SWD\MSRR...
Unknown    USB             USB Printing Support                                                             USB\VID_...
OK         Bluetooth       Jabra Elite Active 65t                                                           BTHENUM\...
OK         System          Microsoft UEFI-Compliant System                                                  ACPI_HAL...
OK         System          Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller                                     ACPI\PNP...
Unknown    USB             SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device                                              USB\VID_...
OK         Bluetooth       Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)                                                   USB\VID_...
OK         System          System timer                                                                     ACPI\PNP...
Unknown    MEDIA           Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter                                   SW\{CFD6...
OK         MEDIA           Jabra Elite Active 65t Stereo                                                    BTHENUM\...
OK         SecurityDevices Trusted Platform Module 2.0                                                      ACPI\MSF...
OK         Bluetooth       Bluedio T Avrcp Transport                                                        BTHENUM\...
OK         System          ACPI Fixed Feature Button                                                        ACPI\FIX...
Unknown    Printer         HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134 PCLm-S                                                 SWD\PRIN...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant vendor-defined device                                              HID\1A58...
OK         Ports           Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM4)                                       BTHENUM\...
Unknown    HIDClass        HID-compliant consumer control device                                            HID\VID_...
Unknown    Printer         HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134 PCLm-S                                                 USBPRINT...
OK         SoftwareComp... Intel(R) OpenCL CPU x64 binaries                                                 SWD\DRIV...
OK         MEDIA           Bluedio T Hands-Free                                                             BTHHFENU...
OK         System          ACPI Lid                                                                         ACPI\PNP...
Unknown    MEDIA           Microsoft Trusted Audio Drivers                                                  SW\{EEC1...
OK         Mouse           Razer Blade                                                                      HID\VID_...
Unknown    SCSIAdapter     USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device                                      USB\VID_...
OK         Display         Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630                                                        PCI\VEN_...
Unknown    MEDIA           NVIDIA High Definition Audio                                                     HDAUDIO\...
Unknown    USB             Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)                                           USB\VID_...
Unknown    USB             Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)                                           USB\VID_...
OK         SoftwareComp... Realtek Audio Effects Component                                                  SWD\DRIV...
OK         System          Intel(R) Power Engine Plug-in                                                    ACPI\INT...
OK         MEDIA           Realtek(R) Audio Codec with DolbyAPO                                             HDAUDIO\...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant system controller                                                  HID\VID_...
Unknown    WPD             fer                                                                              SWD\WPDB...
Unknown    MEDIA           Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy                                        SW\{DDF4...
OK         MEDIA           NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)                              ROOT\UNN...
OK         System          NVVHCI Enumerator                                                                ROOT\UNN...
OK         SoftwareComp... Intel(R) Graphics CUI Component                                                  SWD\DRIV...
Unknown    MEDIA           Intel(R) Display Audio                                                           HDAUDIO\...
OK         PrintQueue      Microsoft XPS Document Writer                                                    SWD\PRIN...
OK         Bluetooth       Bluedio T Avrcp Transport                                                        BTHENUM\...
OK         PrintQueue      Microsoft Print to PDF                                                           SWD\PRIN...
OK         USB             Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)                   PCI\VEN_...
OK         SoftwareDevice  Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth                                                     SWD\MMDE...
Unknown    SoftwareDevice  DESKTOP-1GNAA1C: judycheng:                                                      SWD\DAFU...
Unknown    DiskDrive       TO Exter nal USB 3.0 SCSI Disk Device                                            SCSI\DIS...
OK         SoftwareComp... Dolby APO VLLDP                                                                  SWD\DRIV...
OK         System          Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #20 - A343                                        PCI\VEN_...
Unknown    Display         ASUSTEK MB169B+                                                                  USB\VID_...
OK         System          NDIS Virtual Network Adapter Enumerator                                          ROOT\NDI...
OK         HIDClass        Razer Blade                                                                      USB\VID_...
OK         Firmware        System Firmware                                                                  UEFI\RES...
OK         Processor       Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz                                         ACPI\GEN...
OK         Processor       Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz                                         ACPI\GEN...
OK         SoftwareComp... Intel(R) OpenCL GPU binaries                                                     SWD\DRIV...
OK         System          Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT3450                                ACPI\INT...
Unknown    HIDClass        HID-compliant system controller                                                  HID\VID_...
OK         Mouse           HID-compliant mouse                                                              HID\VID_...
Unknown    Keyboard        HID Keyboard Device                                                              HID\VID_...
Unknown    WPD             Galaxy S9+                                                                       USB\VID_...
Unknown    PrintQueue      HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134                                                        SWD\PRIN...
OK         HIDClass        Logitech Gaming Virtual Keyboard                                                 LOGIDEVI...
OK         System          Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver                                          ROOT\MSS...
OK         System          Motherboard resources                                                            ACPI\INT...
OK         Display         NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design                                        PCI\VEN_...
OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant device                                                             HID\VID_...
Unknown    USB             SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device                                              USB\VID_...
Unknown    MEDIA           Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy                                                  SW\{97EB...
OK         Monitor         Generic PnP Monitor                                                              DISPLAY\...
OK         USB             USB Composite Device                                                             USB\VID_...
OK         System          Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator                                         ROOT\SYS...
OK         System          Logitech Gaming Virtual Bus Enumerator                                           ROOT\SYS...
OK         Mouse           HID-compliant mouse                                                              HID\VID_...
Unknown    WPD             Recovery                                                                         SWD\WPDB...
OK         Net             Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260                                                        PCI\VEN_...
OK         System          Remote Desktop Device Redirector Bus                                             ROOT\RDP...
OK         Bluetooth       Jabra Elite Active 65t Avrcp Transport                                           BTHENUM\...
OK         Razer Device    Razer Control Device                                                             RZCONTRO...
OK         Net             WAN Miniport (IPv6)                                                              SWD\MSRR...
Unknown    Display         ASUSTEK MB169B+                                                                  USB\VID_...
Unknown    MEDIA           Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter                                   SW\{CFD6...
OK         System          Intel(R) PCI Express Root Port #13 - A334                                        PCI\VEN_...
OK         SoftwareComp... DolbyAPO Software Device (HSA)                                                   SWD\DRIV...
OK         Net             WAN Miniport (L2TP)                                                              SWD\MSRR...

It's probably the 'HID-compliant touch pad'. 

See if this works to disable it: in Powershell with elevated priv. :

$sort = Get-PnpDevice | Where-Object {$_.FriendlyName -like '*touch pad*'}; foreach ($object in $sort) {

15 hours ago, WWicket said:

It's probably the 'HID-compliant touch pad'. 

See if this works to disable it: in Powershell with elevated priv. :

$sort = Get-PnpDevice | Where-Object {$_.FriendlyName -like '*touch pad*'}; foreach ($object in $sort) {

is it possible to set this up without the administrator and password?

I tried various things, but i end up with errors like user name or password is incorrect. What user and password am i supposed to be using?

Annotation 2019-09-29 152948.png

5 hours ago, shinegull said:

is it possible to set this up without the administrator and password?

Wouldn't hurt to try it without; but pretty sure Disable-PnpDevice requires admin. access. 

You could probably make powershell elevate to admin and run the commands using saved credentials, rather than using AHK's RunAs: 

# Capture encrypted password once and store to file
$passwd = Read-Host "Enter password" -AsSecureString
$encpwd = ConvertFrom-SecureString $passwd
$encpwd > $path\password.bin

# Afterwards always use this to start the script
$encpwd = Get-Content $path\password.bin
$passwd = ConvertTo-SecureString $encpwd
$cred = new-object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential 'domain\username',$passwd
Start-Process PowerShell -Cred $cred -ArgumentList '-noexit','-File','path-to-script'   

but you'd still need an admin. acct. and password.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:19 PM, WWicket said:

Wouldn't hurt to try it without; but pretty sure Disable-PnpDevice requires admin. access. 

You could probably make powershell elevate to admin and run the commands using saved credentials, rather than using AHK's RunAs: 

# Capture encrypted password once and store to file
$passwd = Read-Host "Enter password" -AsSecureString
$encpwd = ConvertFrom-SecureString $passwd
$encpwd > $path\password.bin

# Afterwards always use this to start the script
$encpwd = Get-Content $path\password.bin
$passwd = ConvertTo-SecureString $encpwd
$cred = new-object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential 'domain\username',$passwd
Start-Process PowerShell -Cred $cred -ArgumentList '-noexit','-File','path-to-script'   

but you'd still need an admin. acct. and password.

thank you for all the help you've given. I'm going to try to learn a bit more about this first before coming back to it. I was hoping, it would a quick easy thing to make, but i underestimated how much it would take to get the exact result i was looking for. Thank you very much though.

I looked up some more stuff and saw this Reddit post which mentioned there is a built in feature kind of for this:

This Windows Settings tab can be pinned to the start menu, so you can go there somewhat quickly, but I am still looking if there is a way to incorporate this into a keyboard shortcut.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 hours ago, minibois said:

I looked up some more stuff and saw this Reddit post which mentioned there is a built in feature kind of for this:

This Windows Settings tab can be pinned to the start menu, so you can go there somewhat quickly, but I am still looking if there is a way to incorporate this into a keyboard shortcut.

Yea. I have a way to disable thd trackpad entirely. And enable.

Windows key

Touchpad

Tab tab space.

Roughly that sequence and you can enable or disable touchpad.

I wasnt able to make that sequence automatic with a single keyboard button though.