is the Ryzen 7 3750h good for Opencv?

I gotta decide between two laptops. The first has an i7 8750h and a 1050ti and costs about 1000$ and the other has a Ryzen 7 3750h and a 1660ti and costs 1200$.

Both have 16gb of ram and the same storage, and are the same model in terms of build/display/etc. (Asus Tuf FX505).

I know the prices are high but those are my options where i live and ordering online isn't an option. my usage is gaming + python, Opencv, and Matlab.

As far as i saw the i7 is much better than the R7, but the 1660ti is also way better for gaming than the 1050ti, so i want to know if the R7 will be enough for Opencv image processing work loads and Matlab or should i go for the i7 and the weaker 1050ti instead.

Appreciate the help!

The 8750H is 40%~ faster in multi-threaded workloads and 9%~ faster in single-core workloads than the 3750H. The 1660 Ti is 125%~ faster than the 1050 Ti in graphics. I guess the decision is up to you, I will say however that the 1050 Ti is a bit too slow for my liking so I wouldn't consider that personally if I planned on playing games.

4 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

The 8750H is 40%~ faster in multi-threaded workloads and 9%~ faster in single-core workloads than the 3750H. The 1660 Ti is 125%~ faster than the 1050 Ti in graphics. I guess the decision is up to you, I will say however that the 1050 Ti is a bit too slow for my liking so I wouldn't consider that personally if I planned on playing games.

Oh i didn't know the difference between the graphics cards was so big! That definitely changes things.

I don't think I'll need anything too powerful for Matlab as my current i5 4200U runs things just fine, but i still don't have a full idea of how much cpu power I'll need for Opencv just yet, how capable would you say the 3750h is in general? From what i saw it has similar benchmarks to a 7700HQ but i don't know how that translates to real work loads or if there are any differences between Amd and intel chips.

well, a 3750H is more than twice as powerful as a i5 4200U if UserBenchMark is anything to go by: 

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-3750H-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4200U/m786211vs2742 

use this site as you can directly compare GPUS, CPUS etc..... 

Another benefit of the 3750H over the Intel counterpart is that it is a bit more power efficient. Honestly, Go for the 1660ti as the difference in CPUs is kinda negligible compared to GPU.