I will build you a PC, seriously. - ROG Rig Reboot Announcement

James
23 hours ago, Auver said:

In the video, it says you have a week, but Gleam says 6 days left (as of today), which is true?

I got in contact with Coltane. Apparently, after Linus finished filming, he extended the deadline (hence his, "wow that's not a lot of time" comment.

2 hours ago, CPotter said:

It NEEDS to be 60-seconds or less, sorry, those are the contest rules.

Mine is 1 min, 0,32 seconds, but YouTube displays it as 1 minute 1 second. Am I going to be disqualified for that?

2 minutes ago, Montelion said:

Mine is 1 min, 0,32 seconds, but YouTube displays it as 1 minute 1 second. Am I going to be disqualified for that?

If the video actually is under 60 sec and YouTube is just bugging it to 61 sec you will be fine, but if it's over 60 seconds for real your basically smoked 

4 minutes ago, Montelion said:

I personally wouldn't risk it

As I see some are shamelessly plugin three video I'ma just do the same:

2 minutes ago, Auver said:

I checked with James, YouTube has a bug where they will display a video under 60 sec as 61 sec, and they know that's. So it's fine if your actually under 60 sec (mine is like that but got thumbs up)

1 minute ago, techi said:

If the video actually is under 60 sec and YouTube is just bugging it to 61 sec you will be fine, but if it's over 60 seconds for real your basically smoked 

I mean, it is technically 0,32 seconds longer than 60 seconds, but it isn't a full second.

3 minutes ago, Auver said:

Yeah, maybe I'll try using YouTube's built in editor to shave something off.

Just now, techi said:

I checked with James, YouTube has a bug where they will display a video under 60 sec as 61 sec, and they know that's. So it's fine if your actually under 60 sec (mine is like that but got thumbs up)

Ok. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Montelion said:

Ok. Thanks!

But if yours is 30 sec longer you need to cut something

11 minutes ago, techi said:

But if yours is 30 sec longer you need to cut something

No, mine is 0.32 seconds longer. That means:

0 seconds < 0.32 seconds < 1 second.

Thanks for your help!

I had a lot of fun helping my little brother enter. Most of the writing is his, I just did the editing and some crappy acting :)

35 minutes ago, Montelion said:

No, mine is 0.32 seconds longer. That means:

0 seconds < 0.32 seconds < 1 second.

Thanks for your help!

o now i get it, still would not take the risk

5 hours ago, Auver said:

Delete the video off of YouTube and submit and upload your new one

I've done that already but thanks for telling me.

@CPotter @James In the video, it says you have just seven days to submit our entry (assuming from the date it was posted that would mean the 27th of September) but Gleam says there's still 5 days left to participate (as of today). Which one is true? Was the date extended or something?

2 minutes ago, MaxRayder said:

@CPotter @James In the video, it says you have just seven days to submit our entry (assuming from the date it was posted that would mean the 27th of September) but Gleam says there's still 5 days left to participate (as of today). Which one is true? Was the date extended or something?

I and a couple other people asked the same question in previous posts on this thread and we got this answer from @handsoffmyspuds just a little while ago:

5 hours ago, handsoffmyspuds said:

I got in contact with Coltane. Apparently, after Linus finished filming, he extended the deadline (hence his, "wow that's not a lot of time" comment.

So yes, the competition has indeed been extended.

I submitted my entry Good luck everyone! 

Edited by DurlRick
Just learned how to attach videos

Quick question. I've noticed a wrong clip in my vid that I want to correct, but I already submitted it. If I correct it, would that change the youtube link, disqualifying me? How would I be able to fix my vid without ruining my chances in the contest?

9 hours ago, CPotter said:

It NEEDS to be 60-seconds or less, sorry, those are the contest rules.

This. 100%.

Also, looping in @JonoT since RRR is one of his projects this year. Hit us with any additional questions, sorry we've missed 10 pages of comments and questions already. :P 

Hello thanks for this! I re-uploaded my video and submitted it using my new email account since gleam.io already submitted that entry.

Hey Guys. I Made a video. But the problem is that my actual PC doesn't suck. I used my old Netbook for the video. 

But the prize for the best video is jugged by the idea, visuals and humor right? Or does it still comes down to how much your PC sucks? 

This is not a Final Version, but still need to somehow cut down 1 second, that's very hard aha. 

https://youtu.be/VbjpLusgnXI

3 hours ago, Kloverton said:

Hey Guys. I Made a video. But the problem is that my actual PC doesn't suck. I used my old Netbook for the video. 

But the prize for the best video is jugged by the idea, visuals and humor right? Or does it still comes down to how much your PC sucks? 

This is not a Final Version, but still need to somehow cut down 1 second, that's very hard aha. 

https://youtu.be/VbjpLusgnXI

From what i know, this contest is only for those who have a bad computer or laptop. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.