FREE Batman Games at EG Valued at $109.99 on Steam September 19th + Two FREE Games at EG Valued at $34.99 on Steam September 26th

Paul Rudd
5 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

your ignorance of something doesn't make it "not exist"

If you could explain what this something is, it would help me understand exactly what this something is. What is Meta Data? As I said, to me it's information. Is it information? Is it something else? I don't want to be ignorant as to what it is.

met·a·da·ta
/ˈmedəˌdādə,ˈmedəˌdadə/
noun
noun: meta-data
  1. a set of data that describes and gives information about other data.

Now how this applies to us - and I will use an example - I was challenged by a user here after discussing DOXXing.  All I had was his username and the information he was willing to give in his biography here to find him.  2 hours later this 15 year old kid was freaked out because of what I had, literally, found him.  What was able to crack the "code" for me?  His profile picture coupled with his user name and after exhausting multiple search nomenclature I got the data I needed.  Friended him on FB to prove it.  (EDIT - his profile picture was sporting the colors of a specific nation, and a portion of his username was his initials.  I used just typing and various searches within google to find him.  Hes a Mexican kid living in California.)

Imagine sucking off the firehose of information.  KNOWING your enemy is half the battle, and to Governments, we are the enemy.  We either accept them, or tear them down.  

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

9 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

a set of data that describes and gives information about other data.

So you're saying all the data on my computer gives people information about "other data"? If so, what "other data"?

9 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Now how this applies to us - and I will use an example - I was challenged by a user here after discussing DOXXing.  All I had was his username and the information he was willing to give in his biography here to find him.  2 hours later this 15 year old kid was freaked out because of what I had, literally, found him.  What was able to crack the "code" for me?  His profile picture coupled with his user name and after exhausting multiple search nomenclature I got the data I needed.  Friended him on FB to prove it.

So you think Epic or the Chinese government want to find me? If so, I'd love to spend time with these individuals. They're welcome here anytime. I'll even make em' some homemade lasagna if they're hungry.

Just now, Intransigent said:

So you're saying all the data on my computer gives people information about "other data"? If so, what "other data"?

So you think Epic or the Chinese government want to find me? If so, I'd love to spend time with these individuals. They're welcome here anytime. I'll make em' some home made lasagna if they're hungry.

1.) Depends on what info your PC contains.  

2.) No I didn't say that, I said the least nefarious would be targeted ads (already happening, cant deny that) and a little more nefarious is compiling all that data to manipulate people and detect future choices, actions etc

TBH, this isn't going anywhere and that's okay.  You aren't ACTUALLY interested in understanding the why this isn't good, just in the debate of your side vs. mine ;)  

My side - giving away my information is bad (didn't say anyone else shouldn't)

Your side - you don't care (and that's okay too)

Reality - Both work, until one doesn't.  So far that hasn't happened.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

BTW I also remember my younger years before some seasoning on reality before I realized telling my brother he was an idiot and theres no way "insert tinfoil hat conspiracy here" was actually me being an idiot.  Im NOT saying you are, its just how I feel looking back.  Im also not assuming your age, it is however my experience personally that I use to describe what got me "woke"

14 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

1.) Depends on what info your PC contains.

Random names and random games. That's it. Well, and a few random gaming screenshots that I use as background images.

targeted ads

Do you think I look at/read/watch any ads on my PC for more than say, two seconds?

compiling all that data to manipulate people and detect future choices, actions etc

Do you think I'm manipulated by ads and/or make any type of future decisions/actions that stem from ads?

You aren't ACTUALLY interested in understanding the why this isn't good

I'm interested in understanding how Epic or China would care about my life in any way.

6 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

what got me "woke"

I see reality. It's other peoples thoughts and behavior that I'll never understand.

1 hour ago, Intransigent said:

I see reality. It's other peoples thoughts and behavior that I'll never understand.

We are all on different parts of the spectrum, whereas I find it easy to understand peoples thoughts and behaviors (I have sociopathic tendencies).  I understand why this meta data is a strong weapon.  Your version of truth is just different than mine (as simple as watching a car accident from two opposite angles, we see two different accidents).

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

I understand why this meta data is a strong weapon.

If meta data is a strong weapon, then it's like a sling shot to me. Strong to some but a mere mini catapult slinging pebbles to me. And Epic/China can send as many pebbles in my direction as they wish. They just bounce off me and sit on the ground as part of my gaming library. And as long as I'm gaming, they can sit all around me for as many years as my Korean aftermarket power supply lets me game.

Everyone knows that no matter where they come from, nowdays everycompany steal your personal data. Anyway im so tired of lissening how bad are the chinees people, and all to assist the united states shitty economy. Please stop hear the fake news, there is no proof about Huawei ot Tencent compnays stealing european or another non chinesse info

On 9/20/2019 at 3:28 PM, JZStudios said:

I didn't have any issues with the Redux. It was ported/remade over to their newer engine which was more stable.

Interesting. Just found out you get a major fps boost in the Redux version over the original. Because of that, I just uninstalled the Steam original version to reap the benefit of the Epic Games Redux version when it becomes free tomorrow. The few comparison videos I watched of both versions seem to show from people in the comments that the original looks better but the Redux definitely plays at a much higher frame rate...

To be honest, I like the look of both and won't notice much of a difference when playing just one version. So obviously I'm naturally going to play the version with better performance.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:27 PM, Intransigent said:

So you think Epic or the Chinese government want to find me? If so, I'd love to spend time with these individuals. They're welcome here anytime. I'll even make em' some homemade lasagna if they're hungry.

You'll make home made lasagna? That's like a 13 hour affair. That's way too hospitable.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, Tristerin said:
Now how this applies to us - and I will use an example - I was challenged by a user here after discussing DOXXing.  All I had was his username and the information he was willing to give in his biography here to find him.  2 hours later this 15 year old kid was freaked out because of what I had, literally, found him.  What was able to crack the "code" for me?  His profile picture coupled with his user name and after exhausting multiple search nomenclature I got the data I needed.  Friended him on FB to prove it.  (EDIT - his profile picture was sporting the colors of a specific nation, and a portion of his username was his initials.  I used just typing and various searches within google to find him.  Hes a Mexican kid living in California.)

Ehh, I mean, it's not that hard to do that when they give all that info out. And once again, this proves my point that whatever everyone claims they don't want Epic to have, 10 other companies already have. Including probably Tencent.

Just for the record, when people try to find me, despite me not being particularly shy about saying I live in Tucson AZ, and even mentioning my dad's shop, the only thing they find is an anime footfetish guy on imgur or something. And no, I'm not that guy. But after three concerning "...hey... is this you?'s" I make that point clear.

7 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Interesting. Just found out you get a major fps boost in the Redux version over the original. Because of that, I just uninstalled the Steam original version to reap the benefit of the Epic Games Redux version when it becomes free tomorrow. The few comparison videos I watched of both versions seem to show from people in the comments that the original looks better but the Redux definitely plays at a much higher frame rate...

To be honest, I like the look of both and won't notice much of a difference when playing just one version. So obviously I'm naturally going to play the version with better performance.

As is the case with most remakes, it's not really that the original looks better, some people just prefer it for whatever reason. There's nothing in the original that definitively looks better. I'm also pretty sure the Redux fixed a lot of bugs and other issues. If you've already played the original there's no reason to play the Redux, unless you just want to actually replay the game.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

If you've already played the original there's no reason to play the Redux, unless you just want to actually replay the game.

Played it for just a couple of hours or so. I should be able to load up my saved game but even if I can't I don't mind playing the beginning again.