5700XT performance issues

So I'm relatively new to the pc scene getting a pre built system around Christmas of 2018. I just made my first upgrade to it in the form of the Gigabyte 5700 XT OC. After installing the drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, overclocking my cpu (Ryzen 5 1600) to 3.8 Ghz to check for bottle necking, my card is performing in the 0th to 1st percentile consistently on Userbenchmark and I'm not seeing any significant performance improvements from the RX 580 that I had. Is this a driver issue that i just need an update for? or did I just get super unlucky? Any suggestions? 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20126168

this is my benchmark for reference. 

depends on ur target frame rate the 1600 is a bottleneck,for the 5700xt especially with slower ram.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

the main issue is more that i saw almost no performance increase as compared to my previous gpu, rx580. also there is no increase in gpu performance with the overclock applied or not. 

22 minutes ago, DiscipleOfAnubis said:

Are you talking about performance in userbenchmark? Because userbenchmark is useless.

What's your performance in actual games and in a benchmark like firestrike?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I play league and Assassin's creed odyssey mainly but also others with friends and i saw no performance increase at all in either game. I play both games at max settings and in 2k and the frame rates are the same as with my 580. roughly 40 in ACO and about 140 in LOL. is that where this card is supposed to hit? or am I being paranoid? 

1 hour ago, DiscipleOfAnubis said:

the main issue is more that i saw almost no performance increase as compared to my previous gpu, rx580. also there is no increase in gpu performance with the overclock applied or not. 

Did you run ddu to uninstall the previous drivers before installing the new card? 

i did not. i tried just updating the drivers first then, uninstalled and then reinstalled 

2 minutes ago, DiscipleOfAnubis said:

i did not. i tried just updating the drivers first then, uninstalled and then reinstalled 

Can you download this synthetic bench and run the 1080p Extreme preset? https://benchmark.unigine.com/superposition
Share the result here. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

Are you talking about performance in userbenchmark? Because userbenchmark is useless.

Such blanket statements are misleading. The same computer with a better GPU will score higher in userbenchmark's GPU test, regardless of what your overall appraisal of userbenchmark's value as a source of information may be.

In fact, there is no difference between userbenchmark and any other canned benchmark. The biggest point of contention with it is that its per-component results can't be interpreted the same way testbench results are, and since people are much more familiar with the latter they tend to do just that.

Hence, I wouldn't say it's useless, but using it without understanding it can indeed be dangerous (or, at least, misleading).

9 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Firestrike at least is actually useful for judging performance/stability.

Also userbench may just be CPU bottlenecked or something.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Try running MSI afterburner and check your CPU usage.   If you are at 100% then you are CPU bottlenecked and won't get more performance with you GPU, because the CPU can't pass the frames from the GPU fast enough.  If that is the case try turning up your graphics settings.   You won't get more frames, but it will be prettier.  Assassin's Creed can be pretty hard on a CPU.

17 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

Try running MSI afterburner and check your CPU usage.   If you are at 100% then you are CPU bottlenecked and won't get more performance with you GPU, because the CPU can't pass the frames from the GPU fast enough.  If that is the case try turning up your graphics settings.   You won't get more frames, but it will be prettier.  Assassin's Creed can be pretty hard on a CPU.

Should clarify it can also just be ONE core at 100%.

Those Games exist.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

21 minutes ago, Worstcaster said:

I agree, but just to clarify you need to check the usage per core not the overall usage. The overall utilization could be at like 60% but if the main core is pegged at 100% you’re going to be cpu bottlenecked. 

A new problem has arisen; now I am unable to use freesync on the game Assassins Creed Odyssy. This feature worked on my 580 but now for some reason is disabled. I have tried turning the feature on and off on the monitor, in amd settings, and on and off for the specific game in amd settings as well and nothing seems to work. Any Ideas? also i booted into a clean windows boot drive and am still experiencing the same problems. Did I waste $450 with this upgrade? should i send the card back for a new one? Help!

On 9/14/2019 at 11:50 PM, DiscipleOfAnubis said:

Capture.PNG

Hey dude, sorry you're experiencing this mess. Your score is twice that of an average rx 580 so you should be experiencing much better game play with the new card. However, the score (should be 5k or higher) is also somewhat lower than the average 5700xt so I think you are being bottle-necked by your CPU running at 3200. Try overclocking the CPU and running the test again. Also, check to make sure your card's bus interface is pcie x16 4 on GPU-Z. While there, check the ASIC quality of your card found in the drop-down menu under the 'advanced' tab. Keep us posted on your findings and good luck.  

11 hours ago, JOEYFLY23 said:

Hey dude, sorry you're experiencing this mess. Your score is twice that of an average rx 580 so you should be experiencing much better game play with the new card. However, the score (should be 5k or higher) is also somewhat lower than the average 5700xt so I think you are being bottle-necked by your CPU running at 3200. Try overclocking the CPU and running the test again. Also, check to make sure your card's bus interface is pcie x16 4 on GPU-Z. While there, check the ASIC quality of your card found in the drop-down menu under the 'advanced' tab. Keep us posted on your findings and good luck.  

I am perfectly willing to accept that I am cpu bottlenecked. I still have questions about the stability of the card itself. I have two monitors and occasionally, the screen will apear 1/2 way between the two, and i still struggle with the fact that amd freesync is not available on aco. is this a driver issue? because this feature worked with my 580. and if this is a driver issue, would I be better served by just returning the card to get a similar gtx card? or should that support come out soon? 

to fix this issue, I have tried overclocking (hit stable at 3.8 ghz), i updated the motherboard bios to the most recent version (asus tuf-x470 gaming plus) i uninstalled the drivers, I reinstalled the drivers, i used ddu to uninstall the drivers, i updated the drivers, I booted from a clean boot drive of windows, Ive changed almost ever setting in radeon software, ive tried turning it off and on within the game specifically, ive turned it on and off on the monitor itself. Ive done everything except uninstalling and reinstalling the game. would that even work? thanks for all the help so far, Ill probably upgrade my cpu soon to fix the other problems. would I be better off to upgrade to a ryzen 5 3000 series or a ryzen 7 2000 series? 

*edit* I see you have a good driver. 19.9.2 solved my issues so at least for me I'm not having driver issues with it.

And you have 'Enhanced Sync' turned off right?

Any update on the situation? And R5 3600 is a better upgrade, especially for gaming. 

On 9/16/2019 at 12:04 PM, ad_hoc said:

*edit* I see you have a good driver. 19.9.2 solved my issues so at least for me I'm not having driver issues with it.

And you have 'Enhanced Sync' turned off right?

19.9.2 release notes say it fixed the Enhanced Sync issues... Is this not true for you?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

3 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

19.9.2 release notes say it fixed the Enhanced Sync issues... Is this not true for you?

Oh I missed that part. I just saw the part about crashing when watching videos which is what was happening to me before.

20 hours ago, ad_hoc said:

Oh I missed that part. I just saw the part about crashing when watching videos which is what was happening to me before.

Yeah, seems to be fixed for me, so that's why I asked. I've always been a fan of the Enhanced Sync type vsync stuff. It's the perfect combination for use with Freesync/g-sync.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Update, I returned the card hoping to get a 2070 super but well see with newegg's replacement only policy. if the card is out of stock that should work. otherwise ill be sticking with it. also upgraded to a ryzen 5 3600 cpu. however, when I installed, I could not get any signal to monitor so I have to reset the cmos. hopefully that will fix the issue if not i have no clue what im going to do. 

2 hours ago, DiscipleOfAnubis said:

Update, I returned the card hoping to get a 2070 super but well see with newegg's replacement only policy. if the card is out of stock that should work. otherwise ill be sticking with it. also upgraded to a ryzen 5 3600 cpu. however, when I installed, I could not get any signal to monitor so I have to reset the cmos. hopefully that will fix the issue if not i have no clue what im going to do. 

I reset the CMOS as advised by ASUS customer support and that did not fix the issue 

On 9/17/2019 at 2:14 PM, JOEYFLY23 said:

Any update on the situation? And R5 3600 is a better upgrade, especially for gaming. 

Sorry should have mentioned I did upgrade to the R5 3600 except now my system will not post. I get no signal to my monitors or my peripherals and my ram never makes it out of its "rainbow mode". so getting the system to post with that chip is the next step. :(