Das Keyboard Ultimate or Ducky Shine 3?

Eoin

I have found myself needing to decide between these 2 mechanical keyboards, I don't mind that the das keyboard doesn't have led backlighting or printed keypads. I am more interested in build quality, reliability and comfort for both typing and gaming. Thanks in advance.

Build: CPU: Core i5-4670k GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windorce 3x OC Case: BitFenix Prodigy Motherboard: Asus Z87I-Pro SSD: Corsair Force LS 120GB PSU: be quiet! Power Zone 650W

They are both very, very good keyboards in terms of quality and support. DAS has a huge name backing them, and ducky as well. The ducky does have the back lighting and that's a plus in my book. Go for what ever one you think you like more. Do you want the back light or a more elitist keycap set that not a lot of people will eb able to type on? 

They are both very, very good keyboards in terms of quality and support. DAS has a huge name backing them, and ducky as well. The ducky does have the back lighting and that's a plus in my book. Go for what ever one you think you like more. Do you want the back light or a more elitist keycap set that not a lot of people will eb able to type on? 

lol ducky ain't big

I'd personally get the Ducky because I can't live without backlighting

Just get a CoolerMaster keyboard great quality and at a better more budget conscious price.

CM might be great for the price, but the quality isn't as high up as DAS keyboards, and the features isn't up there with duckys.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

CM might be great for the price, but the quality isn't as high up as DAS keyboards, and the features isn't up there with duckys.

Source?

The only thing i fucking hate my about Ducky Shine 3 is that fucking little duck. For the rest it's awesome. (I love Cherry MX Browns.) 

lol ducky ain't big

I'd personally get the Ducky because I can't live without backlighting

huge name. A lot of people know about them. And ducky has a very big following for the size of the company,

What do you mean as high quality as DAS? DAS keyboards from what I've seen have more flex than CM and CM uses the same PCB as Filco. So it's pretty solid built. 

Source?

look at it, there's your source

huge name. A lot of people know about them. And ducky has a very big following for the size of the company,

HAHA, where is your source on that

we need @Whiskers

look at it, there's your source

HAHA, where is your source on that

we need @Whiskers

Look at it. Any forum that has a keyboard section will know about ducky. If you're in the market for a mechanical keyboard you probably have looked at ducky. I've seen small PC shops sell ducky keyboards and multi-million dollar company's sell them as well. 

The Shine 3 probably has better build quality, but I would decide based on your aesthetic preferences.

I love the Ultimate and how it doesn't have printed keycaps.

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Source?

you just need to touch it to feel the inferior build quality of a CM keyboard, now the CM build quality is just fine for the price, but still not as good as a das keyboard, no keyboard has better build quality than a das keyboard. And don't say corsair keyboards, they have flimsy construction, they just have an aluminum plate on the top to make up for the cheap flexible plastic on the bottom. And feature wise, ducky has more lighting modes, so techincally that's a feature that CM keyboards don't have. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

das is glossy...like wtf.

shine 3 wins because it's opponent went full-retard

Yeah at least for me glossy keyboards looks and feel cheap I'm typing on a glossy membrane keyboard right now...

• 4 months later...

Just get a CoolerMaster keyboard great quality and at a better more budget conscious price.

The problem with CM Storm Quickfires/Trigger is that there has always been a bit of a low quality in comparison to Das and Ducky like what 

any of them, CM make decent quality but it won't be up to DAS or Ducky

had said. 

- LuckyDuckstr

CPU: AMD FX-9370 | CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D14 | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 770 (2GB) |RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  2x4GB 1866 | STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO (250GB) | CASENZXT H440 - Red & Black | PSU: XFX PRO XTR 80+GOLD (750W) | KEYBOARDDUCKY SHINE 3 CHERRY MX BLUE RED LED | MONITOR: AOC E2460SD | OS: WINDOWS 8.1 x64

Steam: LemonThongder Origin: LemonThongder

Yeah at least for me glossy keyboards looks and feel cheap I'm typing on a glossy membrane keyboard right now...

if you check Das' website or anything. You can find that Das had come out with the DAS Keyboard 4 which is aluminium just like the ducky. AND it does not have gloss (ohohohohohhhh)

- LuckyDuckstr

CPU: AMD FX-9370 | CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D14 | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 770 (2GB) |RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS X  2x4GB 1866 | STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO (250GB) | CASENZXT H440 - Red & Black | PSU: XFX PRO XTR 80+GOLD (750W) | KEYBOARDDUCKY SHINE 3 CHERRY MX BLUE RED LED | MONITOR: AOC E2460SD | OS: WINDOWS 8.1 x64

Steam: LemonThongder Origin: LemonThongder

if you check Das' website or anything. You can find that Das had come out with the DAS Keyboard 4 which is aluminium just like the ducky. AND it does not have gloss (ohohohohohhhh)

4.3 Thread Necroing

Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted or simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page. Build logs are exempt from this rule.