Play voice and Music through Microphone?

MajorityHippo

I've seen people do this on games before, where they are able to play music through their mics while still being able to speak through their microphones. What the easiest and simplest way to play both music and my voice through online VOIP? I've tried soundpad and virtual microphone, but they haven't worked for me. All help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Ideally, I would want to be able to play the sound from my desktop Spotify, through my Microphone stream, so that there is not drop in audio quality.

Just now, kdawwgg1221 said:

@Origami Cactus I think he is referring to those who play clear music through mics in game while still being able to talk to his teammates.

That is the Line-in part. I have done it before, works fine.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

The easiest way to to grab a mini audio mixer imo. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

The easiest way to to grab a mini audio mixer imo. 

With an Audio Mixer? Do you recommend any certain ones? And they would be able to "Mix" my desktop sounds and microphone into one single output?

@Origami Cactus hm alright. I guess I have heard others using unnecessary software when their computer has the line-in option. Ill have to check it out. The more ya know

Just now, MajorityHippo said:

With an Audio Mixer? Do you recommend any certain ones? And they would be able to "Mix" my desktop sounds and microphone into one single output?

Yes, they basically mix the audio into a line out, 

This is the mini version of the one I use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Preamp-Compressor-British-Interface/dp/B008O516JW/ref=sr_1_11?crid=8JHPRJ1F7ML8&keywords=behringer+audio+mixer&qid=1567085368&s=gateway&sprefix=behringer+audio+%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-11

and this is the exact modle I use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-802-Input-Bus-Mixer/dp/B000J5XS3C/ref=sr_1_3?crid=8JHPRJ1F7ML8&keywords=behringer+audio+mixer&qid=1567085402&s=gateway&sprefix=behringer+audio+%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-3

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Are there advantages of those Mixers over other mixers? Why did you buy that one? Sorry, for the questions, the more I can understand the more I wont mess up in the future lol

2 minutes ago, MajorityHippo said:

Are there advantages of those Mixers over other mixers? Why did you buy that one? Sorry, for the questions, the more I can understand the more I wont mess up in the future lol

For me I have extensive experience with this brand of mixers and find them to be affordable and reliable, also the customer service is top notch. 

With this exact model, it was wining my relatively low budget, had all the features I needed and most of all if reviewed well overall. 

My main complaints would be the VU meter isnt as sensitive as I would have liked, the power cord I found to be on the shorter side and it slides around quite easily on your desk. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

But just to clarify, you can do what you want to in software, but I find having an actual hardware mixer to be much better overall than when I tried to do it in software. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

But just to clarify, you can do what you want to in software, but I find having an actual hardware mixer to be much better overall than when I tried to do it in software. 

No yea, I think i'm definitely going to go for a mixer as opposed to software, thanks for all your help! Just one last question, what would you say are the best audio mixers out there? and the worst to avoid? 

1 minute ago, MajorityHippo said:

No yea, I think i'm definitely going to go for a mixer as opposed to software, thanks for all your help! Just one last question, what would you say are the best audio mixers out there? and the worst to avoid? 

I think unless you are spending a couple hundred theres not that much that separates them, each have their own pros and cons, with no specific brand having a blanket good or bad. 

Generally, stick with the bigger names, Behringer, Yamaha, maker heart.

Just as always, look up some models, read reviews, watch vids, talk to audio guys, just in general do your research. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I am kinda confused by this entire thread. 

Just install Voicemeeter Banana.

Set input 1 to your mic.

Go to what music you want to play (lets just say its an MP3) and have it output to virtual Vaio or aux.

Set output to Virtual Cable.

Now set OBS or whatever to capture Virtual cable, which will be a mix of the music and your mic.

No hardware is required for this stuff :)

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

15 hours ago, AAJoe said:

I am kinda confused by this entire thread. 

Just install Voicemeeter Banana.

Set input 1 to your mic.

Go to what music you want to play (lets just say its an MP3) and have it output to virtual Vaio or aux.

Set output to Virtual Cable.

Now set OBS or whatever to capture Virtual cable, which will be a mix of the music and your mic.

No hardware is required for this stuff :)

More often than not, this forum offers up the worst advice first.