I don't know what to make of this...

orangecat

I love how you all got butthurt over such an insignificant thing. OMG THE LIGHTING IS A BIT BETTER ON THE PS4 IN THE GRAPHICALLY UPDATED VERSION. GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER.

If you look properly there is actually more polygons in the PC version. Tomb Raider (the girl) has expressions on her face where the PS4 version doesn. The hair is better on PC and the general detail resolution is higher on the PC version. All they have done of the PS4 version is increase the colour but this game isn't meant to be colourful it's meant to be dark and depressing.  

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

This is comparing the "Definitive Edition" of Tomb Raider on PS4 vs the regular version on the PC.

The "Definitive Edition" is coming to PC, which makes this comparison rather pointless.

Actually, it is not coming to the PC. Crystal Dynamics has stated that they are not doing a PC version or an update to the current PC port.

Am I the only one that thinks they oversaturate games on consoles? I honestly don't see how they think if they enchance the colour they will make it look better and more realistic. One way or the other I still think the PC version looks better eventhough they have inproved a thing or two in that edition which is to be expected since it's been some time since the original released and they had to make it stand out somehow

Am I the only one that thinks they oversaturate games on consoles? I honestly don't see how they think if they enchance the colour they will make it look better and more realistic. One way or the other I still think the PC version looks better eventhough they have inproved a thing or two in that edition which is to be expected since it's been some time since the original released and they had to make it stand out somehow

No, you aren't the only one. New Lara looks awful. She looks like a tomato. Jaggies everywhere on ultra I posted earlier in this thread, cave looks awful in comparison. Kotaku was not running Ultra. My GTX 770 looks this good at 1080p, and it is far from high end. 

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01/24/tomb-raider-face-off-pc-vs-ps4/71343/

FjwcwYU.gif

SXXXrXT.gif

PC. Look at cave wall and skeletons.

AllBones2.jpg

PS4...looks like Mass Effect 1 on my computer before texture packs and sweet Fx.AllBones.jpg

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

a game that originalyy came out for the old systems and pc is redone exclusively for new systems, and now the next gen console fan boys will go around ranting on how much better it is. thats essentially making the obvious argument that an HD texture pack is better than the original. Im a firm believer that in most cases the textures for next gen and pc are the same for many new games, but its the anti aliassing and other fancy things that only the pc's can handle.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I know but that is what kills me because everyone knows a high end PC is way more powerful then a PS4/Xbox One so why put the money into making it look better and not for the PC.

You have your priorities messed up if you only bought and built a PC for graphics(not talking specifically to you).

I don't care about graphics, sure it can make the game look great, but this is a "failed experiment", they aren't using the same game(updated on PS4, non-updated on PC), so why make the comparison?

Well the thing it, as you can see the textures and resolution are wayyyyyy better on PC, look at the eyes for god's sake, or the hair, etc.

Anyone still playing this? I only saw A LP and have no desire to buy it replayability = 0. I'd maybe buy it on steam once it's under the magical 5 bucks line otherwise I couldn't care less.
I don't see why I should care for an DE at all are they expecting anyone to buy it twice just for a HD textures? Look at skyrim! modders even improved the paralax and I don't even know what that means! B)
the official HD textures have been almost forgotten since modders release 4k ones  all over.

Also Lara Croft in Skyrim just sayin'

So yeah... as for the lighting and stuff, just slap an ENB over it god dang it!

wait they are comparing PS4 DE with standard PC edition? seriously? WOW...

The peasants have revolted! Oh no! They are balling now! Master race, we must hide and regroup.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5