I don't know what to make of this...

orangecat

I just came by this and I'm a bit sad to see the PS4 getting better graphics than the PC version. Also the video has a PC vs PS4 comparison and the framerate on the PC is really bad so clearly it wasn't run on a really high end system.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/82879/tomb-raider-comparison-video-pits-ps4-against-pc

Are you sure they just put the tags in the wrong place?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I just came by this and I'm a bit sad to see the PS4 getting better graphics than the PC version. Also the video has a PC vs PS4 comparison and the framerate on the PC is really bad so clearly it wasn't run on a really high end system.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/82879/tomb-raider-comparison-video-pits-ps4-against-pc

there is technology is the ps4 edition that isnt in the pc edition, they improved the lighting system the game is a lot better on ps4 compared to pc, consider this is basically a year between the two games, just look at the face of the main character in the pc and ps4 one, they are completely different people.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

PC isn't maxed and this is a new TR version obviously it has better graphics.

But PC has higher res textures better Lara model and lightning.

And the console version has conpletely off colours.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

there is technology is the ps4 edition that isnt in the pc edition, they improved the lighting system the game is a lot better on ps4 compared to pc, consider this is basically a year between the two games, just look at the face of the main character in the pc and ps4 one, they are completely different people.

I know but that is what kills me because everyone knows a high end PC is way more powerful then a PS4/Xbox One so why put the money into making it look better and not for the PC.

PC isn't maxed and this is a new TR version obviously it has better graphics.

But PC has higher res textures better Lara model and lightning.

And the console version has conpletely off colours.

True but the skin rendering and shadows are better I want them to give the PC this update.

True but the skin rendering and shadows are better I want them to give the PC this update.

I'd rather want the test to have maxed out PC settings.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I know but that is what kills me because everyone knows a high end PC is way more powerful then a PS4/Xbox One so why put the money into making it look better and not for the PC.

its like saying bf3 is on pc and bf4 is on console, its unfair to compare the two when they are basically different games, its the same game but with new features, anyways im waiting for the next naught dog game, im not getting a console but i know that one of naughty dogs titles may make me want to get one.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I prefer the Lara on pc the console version looks kinda weird

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

love the breakdance moves at 2:43

anyway all i see is bad lighting and an inexpressive barbie face

i'm hating on the TR update, not on the console

Subsurface scattering, tressfx, and a new face, while compromising everything else like tessellation and foliage.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Yeah, they completely re-worked the Lara textures and colors for the "Definitive Edition." The console peasants were pleased.

They don't even provide the pc specs so as far as I know this isn't very scientific as I cannot replicate the results therefore I'm going to call bs.

As mentioned previously they have not yet released the definitive edition on PC so it's a pointless comparison. The took the original game and improved the graphics; a newer higher def build should obviously look better as long as it's running on hardware that can power it.

This shows once again how the power of the pc is only used for a fraction of what it is capable of and that devs don't optimise :L

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I still think the PC version looks better. It has better lighting. Notice how the fire on the PS4 version wasn't lighting up Lara yet on the PC version it was. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01/24/tomb-raider-face-off-pc-vs-ps4/71343/

Left side is PC. Right side is PS4. Look at the cave shot. I have seen better graphics then the PS4 on Mass Effect with mods/sweet FX. The cave wall looks awful. The snow shot? The plants look awful, jaggies everywhere.

You don't compare graphics with compressed video. I have seen a PS4. It looks like crap compared to my PC. Add to this? PC is running Xbox 360 textures and STILL looks better then the PS4.

The PS4 is a underclocked 7870, from 1000 to 800. It is like 30 percent slower then a r9 270 on a overclock. The only reason it looks "ok" is new textures. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

The only really big thing that the ps4 has over the PC version is the color reproduction. There seems to be a lot of saturation on the PC side of the video.

The only really big thing that the ps4 has over the PC version is the color reproduction. There seems to be a lot of saturation on the PC side of the video.

are you sure you're not confusing the pc side with the ps side?

Because they already sold it to everyone who was going to buy it on pc. Why add improved lighting as an update on the pc when you can just add it to the console and charge another $60

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

are you sure you're not confusing the pc side with the ps side?

I think he is a Samsung user, they're too used to the flowery saturated colors of their photos :P When shown a realistic toned picture instead they deem it as 'oversaturation'

But in dead seriousness, i think the PC side still looks better? The PS4 loses so much colour in the dark, face lacks detail, oversaturated orange-y skin colour and no motion blur. I mean, when you're cold and tired, your skin obviously would take on a duller tone. Not to mention TressFX hair

I don't know about the difference in textures but the detail was significantly finer on the pc, she even had more hair and individual strands at that. versus the ps 4 which just had small dark clumps.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.