Phanteks entto evolv itx 200mm is really really really loud

ItzUknown

I have 3 fans on my PC (Including the cpu fan) A be quiet silent wings 3 the fan of the ryzen wraith stealth cooler and a Phanteks 200mm fan that came with my Phantkes enthoo evolv itx however the fan started to be too loud today..not that the ryzen wraith stealth is silent or anything but it is noticibly more silent ...the big question is does my fan have a problem or is it just a normal 3 pin fan (the cpu cooler and the be quiet fan are connected on a deepcool fh10 fan hub becasue they are 4 pin PWM bbut the Phanteks fan is a 3 pin and it is connected on my motherboard)

It could just be that temps are higher than usual. Have you tried customizing the fan curve in the motherboard settings?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It could just be that temps are higher than usual. Have you tried customizing the fan curve in the motherboard settings?

yes i did but i will try again today but the fan doesbt come up or act7ally... is it fan system 1?

38 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

yes i did but i will try again today but the fan doesbt come up or act7ally... is it fan system 1?

Just follow the fan cable to see which header it's plugged into.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

19 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I did that and it says that is it running at 500~rpm and following the system 1 fan temperature control however when I booted the system the cpu did and still does turbo by itself..like...I am not ding anything and I left it for a solid 5 - 10 minutes just on ryzen master and the cores of the CPU were going like crazy like every 5 seconds they changed frequency without doint anything and I can still hear the fan however I dont think that it is a problem anymore because it is afterall a 200mm fan which will maybe get replaced by an aio sooo what can you do...you just have to live with that 

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Should I adjust the fan curve of the system fan??? And if yes how?? Should it be adjusted to the cpu , chipset , system etc?? and what speeds?? I have the phanteks sp20 or something like that 

I have the Phanteks enthoo evolv itx for propably about two months and I have see a lot off really good things about the case!! Great compatability with alot of components and easy cable management for insatnce. However yesterday I had a problem with the 200mm included with the case which is really loud!! So loud that I even went into the bios changed the fan curve and it still said 400 - 500 rpm however when booted it sounds really loud!! Is it the way it should be and I am too paranoid or is something wrong

P.S. I have it connected into a motherboard header (4 pin PWM connector) and the fan is a 3 pin I have the Gigabyte Aorus b450 pro wifi I (mini itx board) and I have a fan hub that connects my other fan of the system and my cpu fan!!

200mm at 400-600rpm should be silent, or a very low rumble.

Maybe your fan is broken?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Thats what I though... The recording has the sound!!  What you heqr is the fan behind the front panel with the filter on too

2 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Thats what I though... The recording has the sound!!  What you heqr is the fan behind the front panel with the filter on too

if the filter is restrictive if will make more noise. if that header is pwm controlled it cant control the fan as its only 3 pin. there is a 3pin fan to 4pin pwm controller or you could find a reducer for voltage insted of 12v set it to 7v or 5v. i read that some cheap 200mm fans can brake them self's.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

16 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

the cpu did and still does turbo by itself..like...I am not ding anything and I left it for a solid 5 - 10 minutes just on ryzen master and the cores of the CPU were going like crazy like every 5 seconds they changed frequency without doint anything

It's normal for the clock speed to lower to save power or boost for more performance. 

Even if you're not actively running any programs, there may be processes in the background that benefit from the higher clock speeds. 

6 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

when booted it sounds really loud!! Is it the way it should be and I am too paranoid or is something wrong

Are you referring to the fans only being noisy and high rpm at boot? If so, that's normal. 

Please don't make multiple threads for the same discussion -- threads merged.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's normal for the clock speed to lower to save power or boost for more performance. 

Even if you're not actively running any programs, there may be processes in the background that benefit from the higher clock speeds. 

Are you referring to the fans only being noisy and high rpm at boot? If so, that's normal. 

Please don't make multiple threads for the same discussion -- threads merged.

No I mean that I press the power button the fans spin and all and then when booting until the lock screen everything is fine but when I am at the desktop every sign of silence dissapears

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

if the filter is restrictive if will make more noise. if that header is pwm controlled it cant control the fan as its only 3 pin. there is a 3pin fan to 4pin pwm controller or you could find a reducer for voltage insted of 12v set it to 7v or 5v. i read that some cheap 200mm fans can brake them self's.

So like how do I do that? 

9 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

So like how do I do that? 

well there are a number of ways of doing it. there the 12v, 5v and 7v, molex to 5v 7v 12v     noctua fan controller

noctua Low-Noise adaptor

3pin low hi hub

pci pot

3pin low miedem hi

3pin rpm controller

5.25 bay controller

3pin to 4pin pwm

diy https://www.ozeros.com/img/guias/2011/junio/Molex/Molex.png

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

23 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

No I mean that I press the power button the fans spin and all and then when booting until the lock screen everything is fine but when I am at the desktop every sign of silence dissapears

Have you checked out your temps and the fan curve in the motherboard fan settings? 

Have you checked out your temps and the fan curve in the motherboard fan settings? 

Well yes do you want me to send you a picture?  I even changed the Curve to 0 everything except the 5th option which I cannot lower! Is there a possibility that the fan hub that I've got makes the fan that is not connected to it spin faster? 

9 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Well yes do you want me to send you a picture?  I even changed the Curve to 0 everything except the 5th option which I cannot lower! Is there a possibility that the fan hub that I've got makes the fan that is not connected to it spin faster? 

Sure, a photo could help. Is the header set to dc / voltage instead of pwm?

Which is the 5th option?

No, that shouldn't happen. 

I kept it to AUTO because I was not sure what was best and I am sending you a photo

IMG_20190821_142320.jpg

31 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

I kept it to AUTO because I was not sure what was best and I am sending you a photo

If sys_fan 1 stop is disabled, it may cause the fan to go to 100% rpm if it would otherwise stop. You can enable that option and adjust the lower end of the fan curve instead if the fan ends up stopping. 

It should auto-detect that it's a 3pin fan and use dc already but manually changing the 1st sys_fan control mode to dc isn't a bad idea. 

The current curve will set the case fan to 100% rpm when the cpu hits 60c. That's probably too aggressive if you're aiming for low noise. I'd move the upper end of the curve closer to 80c.

51 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If sys_fan 1 stop is disabled, it may cause the fan to go to 100% rpm if it would otherwise stop. You can enable that option and adjust the lower end of the fan curve instead if the fan ends up stopping. 

It should auto-detect that it's a 3pin fan and use dc already but manually changing the 1st sys_fan control mode to dc isn't a bad idea. 

The current curve will set the case fan to 100% rpm when the cpu hits 60c. That's probably too aggressive if you're aiming for low noise. I'd move the upper end of the curve closer to 80c.

So enable System Fan 1 Stop also change it to voltage and then set a fan curve that is more efficient right???

1 minute ago, ItzUknown said:

So enable System Fan 1 Stop also change it to voltage and then set a fan curve that is more efficient right???

Yeah. The current curve has it go to 100% rpm at 60c which is most likely what's causing the noise.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yeah. The current curve has it go to 100% rpm at 60c which is most likely what's causing the noise.

Well I will tell you tomorrow because where I live is late and I want to go sleep but I will contact you!!

10 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Unfortunately nothing worked I am not saying that you are wrong because you have also helped me with other problems its just that the fan is kinda cheap and probably just wasn't having it one day and from the voltage it broke  (maybe) I will buy a noctua 200mm which is PWM too what do you think about that?????

2 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

Unfortunately nothing worked I am not saying that you are wrong because you have also helped me with other problems its just that the fan is kinda cheap and probably just wasn't having it one day and from the voltage it broke  (maybe) I will buy a noctua 200mm which is PWM too what do you think about that?????

If the fan isn't running too fast but instead has developed some noise issues, replacing the fan would be the solution. If the case is under warranty, you can probably get a fan replacement from Phanteks.

Otherwise, replacing it with a NF-A20 would also work. You're probably better off getting a pair of NF-A14's instead if you want more airflow due to the restrictive front panel. 

If the fan isn't running too fast but instead has developed some noise issues, replacing the fan would be the solution. If the case is under warranty, you can probably get a fan replacement from Phanteks.

Otherwise, replacing it with a NF-A20 would also work. You're probably better off getting a pair of NF-A14's instead if you want more airflow due to the restrictive front panel. 

Well yeah the case is under warranty but I for 20 euros I aint gonna do anything and also I want a PWM fan not a DC so yeah however would it be better to go with the NF-A14 being a 140mm fan or the NF-A20 PWM a 200mm fan (I think that noctua is a really good fan manufacturer however if I go with a 140mm fan instead of a 200mm I will get a be quiet silent wings 3 because I am a big fan of their quality...do you agree with me??)