Phanteks entto evolv itx 200mm is really really really loud

ItzUknown

Just make sure nothing is hitting the fan blades. That should be relatively quiet even at max rpm. And you can always lower the rpm, buying a Noctua fan will make about 0 difference if you run it with similar rpm:s.

4 hours ago, thinwalrus said:

Just make sure nothing is hitting the fan blades. That should be relatively quiet even at max rpm. And you can always lower the rpm, buying a Noctua fan will make about 0 difference if you run it with similar rpm:s.

Well that doesnt work I did that already is cannot for some reason run slower than its full speed and I mean yeah the ryzen wraith isnt quite or the silent wings but like what? 

8 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Well yeah the case is under warranty but I for 20 euros I aint gonna do anything and also I want a PWM fan not a DC so yeah however would it be better to go with the NF-A14 being a 140mm fan or the NF-A20 PWM a 200mm fan (I think that noctua is a really good fan manufacturer however if I go with a 140mm fan instead of a 200mm I will get a be quiet silent wings 3 because I am a big fan of their quality...do you agree with me??)

A pair of NF-A14's would probably be better than a single NF-A20. 

I'm sure SW3's are great but I'm not sure if they're better than NF-A14's in terms of quality or longevity. My experience with Noctua as well as their longer 6 year warranty make them the easy choice if you want reliability. 

1 hour ago, ItzUknown said:

Well that doesnt work I did that already is cannot for some reason run slower than its full speed and I mean yeah the ryzen wraith isnt quite or the silent wings but like what? 

What are your temps when the fan is running at max rpm?

Please use sentences. It's a bit difficult to understand what you mean. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

A pair of NF-A14's would probably be better than a single NF-A20. 

I'm sure SW3's are great but I'm not sure if they're better than NF-A14's in terms of quality or longevity. My experience with Noctua as well as their longer 6 year warranty make them the easy choice if you want reliability. 

What are your temps when the fan is running at max rpm?

Please use sentences. It's a bit difficult to understand what you mean. 

Ok the first part I get!! The second thing is that I dont know the temps but on the bios it says 40 C however at the same time the bios is also saying that it is running at 200 - 300rpm now so I dont know what to believe anymore

29 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

Ok the first part I get!! The second thing is that I dont know the temps but on the bios it says 40 C however at the same time the bios is also saying that it is running at 200 - 300rpm now so I dont know what to believe anymore

You mentioned the noise only being high after boot. 

Is the fan noisy when you're at the bios?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You mentioned the noise only being high after boot. 

Is the fan noisy when you're at the bios?

NO the fan is really quiet like it is properly running at that speed (200 - 300 rpm)

10 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

NO the fan is really quiet like it is properly running at that speed (200 - 300 rpm)

Does that mean the issue is solved?

Do you have motherboard software installed that controls fans? Asus ai suite etc?

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Does that mean the issue is solved?

No I just mean that the fan is quiet when it is on the bios on the desktop it is super noisy 

3 minutes ago, thinwalrus said:

Do you have motherboard software installed that controls fans? Asus ai suite etc?

If I know correctly yes however I dont know if there is a chipset update or another update that lets the motherboard decide the fan speed and all.... if you could check that for me it would be really helpful (I have the Gigabyte Aorus b450 Pro Wifi I) 

1 minute ago, ItzUknown said:

No I just mean that the fan is quiet when it is on the bios on the desktop it is super noisy 

What's the fan curve currently set to and what are your temps when you're at the desktop?

18 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's the fan curve currently set to and what are your temps when you're at the desktop?

Well the fan curve is the silent one from the motherboard and then I ve also applied the changes you told me (to set from auto to voltage anf also to enable fan stop)  As for the temps I dont know when I am at the desktop but I know that in the bios it is running at 200-300 rpm at around 39 C

Just now, ItzUknown said:

Well the fan curve is the silent one from the motherboard and then I ve also applied the changes you told me (to set from auto to voltage anf also to enable fan stop)  As for the temps I dont know when I am at the desktop but I know that in the bios it is running at 200-300 rpm at around 39 C

You can check your temps with software like Ryzen Master. 

As mentioned, the Silent preset curve you were using has the fan go to 100% rpm at 60c which isn't very high. Set a custom curve instead so that it doesn't raise the fan speed so soon.

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

You can check your temps with software like Ryzen Master. 

As mentioned, the Silent preset curve you were using has the fan go to 100% rpm at 60c which isn't very high. Set a custom curve instead so that it doesn't raise the fan speed so soon.

Well i also did that and put it to 100% at 85C which I never hit however I set the fan to do 40% when the cpu is at 45C which is almost my idle temp but the fan is noisy even when it is running at 40% and also I am almost sure that it isnt running at that speed because the same noise can be heard when my cpu is under load too!! And lastly I know that the filter is kinda restrictive but when I stop the fan with my finger, sure it is not silent but it is really noticeably quieter!!   

3 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Well i also did that and put it to 100% at 85C which I never hit however I set the fan to do 40% when the cpu is at 45C which is almost my idle temp but the fan is noisy even when it is running at 40% and also I am almost sure that it isnt running at that speed because the same noise can be heard when my cpu is under load too!! And lastly I know that the filter is kinda restrictive but when I stop the fan with my finger, sure it is not silent but it is really noticeably quieter!!   

Are you unable to lower the fan speed any lower?

The sweet spots for fan speed will vary so it can take some testing. If the 200-300rpm at bios was quiet enough, you can just lower the fan speed to a similar ~25% instead of 40%. 

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you unable to lower the fan speed any lower?

The sweet spots for fan speed will vary so it can take some testing. If the 200-300rpm at bios was quiet enough, you can just lower the fan speed to a similar ~25% instead of 40%. 

I will try that but what if the fan still makes noise? 

4 minutes ago, ItzUknown said:

I will try that but what if the fan still makes noise? 

If the fan is quiet in the bios, the problem is probably with the fan control from the motherboard and not the fan. 

If fan is still too noisy at the desktop, try Gigabyte's fan software which includes their APP Center and SIV (System Information Viewer) / Smart Fan 5.

38 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If the fan is quiet in the bios, the problem is probably with the fan control from the motherboard and not the fan. 

If fan is still too noisy at the desktop, try Gigabyte's fan software which includes their APP Center and SIV (System Information Viewer) / Smart Fan 5.

Well my motherboard has that on the bios and I also have APP Center insalled but it seems that in the app cennter  dont have smart fan 5. And also I maybe a custom fan curve that is whn 45 - 25% and I also adjusted the other corespondingly and at first the fan was alright it was doing the speed I had set it to do but after 5 seconds on the desktop it started spinning faster 

16 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Well my motherboard has that on the bios and I also have APP Center insalled but it seems that in the app cennter  dont have smart fan 5. And also I maybe a custom fan curve that is whn 45 - 25% and I also adjusted the other corespondingly and at first the fan was alright it was doing the speed I had set it to do but after 5 seconds on the desktop it started spinning faster 

The point is to use the Windows app Smart Fan 5 since just using the bios settings can sometimes not work. You can download it from the motherboard website.