SOMEONE HELPP I HAVE A VIRUS AND I CANT DELETE

I downloaded something accidentally and I can’t find it and now I have something called avast antivirus, segurazo antivirus, and another app called chromium that have just appeared. Over half of my ram is being used and keeps creating more files that malware bytes can’t keep up the quarantine with. I ran a scan with malwarebytes and it found 10k+ threats and it quarantined all of them but every time it does, more threats keep coming and idk what to do plz hellpppp!! Ty

Uninstall all of them in the Programs and Features section of the Control Panel. Avast Antivirus is actually a VERY good A/V, I run it myself (others have their own opinions on it, but it has saved my ass more times than I care to admit). I've not heard of Segurazo however. Double check you don't have any other weird, unrecognizable programs installed and check your browsers for weird extensions. If you have to, you can boot into safe mode and uninstall all those programs that way.

1 hour ago, pp.meekneil69 said:

I downloaded something accidentally and I can’t find it and now I have something called avast antivirus, segurazo antivirus, and another app called chromium that have just appeared. Over half of my ram is being used and keeps creating more files that malware bytes can’t keep up the quarantine with. I ran a scan with malwarebytes and it found 10k+ threats and it quarantined all of them but every time it does, more threats keep coming and idk what to do plz hellpppp!! Ty

At this point it is probably best just to reimage your machine (format and reinstall windows). Whatever is on your machine seems to have a persistence mechanism that Malwarebytes is unable to pickup or remove for one reason or another. I mean technically someone (like myself) could grab the image and run down the actual cause of the infections, but that is costly and time consuming. I wouldn't go that route unless the data you stand to lose is over 5k.

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

Uninstall all of them in the Programs and Features section of the Control Panel. Avast Antivirus is actually a VERY good A/V, I run it myself (others have their own opinions on it, but it has saved my ass more times than I care to admit). I've not heard of Segurazo however. Double check you don't have any other weird, unrecognizable programs installed and check your browsers for weird extensions. If you have to, you can boot into safe mode and uninstall all those programs that way.

You are making a very dangerous assumption. You don't know that the "Avast" on his machine is actually a valid copy. You would need to verify it via hashes/etc to do that. The OP could also drop the Avast.exe file in VirusTotal and find out pretty quick as well.

57 minutes ago, pp.meekneil69 said:

Format your storage disk and do a clean install of Windows. When this kind of stuff gets really bad, that's the only guaranteed to work solution.

1 hour ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Format your storage disk and do a clean install of Windows. When this kind of stuff gets really bad, that's the only guaranteed to work solution.

How do I format my storage disk and do a clean install of windows

1 hour ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

For the record it can get bad enough that a hard-drive format isn't enough. Also depending on what he has it might have moved laterally into other stuff on his network. I doubt that is the case though, because it just isn't worth the risk for the limited reward for any major actor to worry with.

13 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

For the record it can get bad enough that a hard-drive format isn't enough. Also depending on what he has it might have moved laterally into other stuff on his network. I doubt that is the case though, because it just isn't worth the risk for the limited reward for any major actor to worry with.

So should I not worry about formatting the hard drive and just do a factory reset

1 hour ago, pp.meekneil69 said:

So should I not worry about formatting the hard drive and just do a factory reset

So when you do the factory reset just make sure you don't select quick format. You want a full format where it writes 0s to the disk.

So in essence you want to force it to do a low level format.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:21 PM, AngryBeaver said:

So when you do the factory reset just make sure you don't select quick format. You want a full format where it writes 0s to the disk.

So in essence you want to force it to do a low level format.

ok, thank you I think I fixed it found 5 threats after resetting but I quarantined them with Malwarebytes and now they're gone. Thank you.