Mouse and keyboard recommendations

GreenMadman

Hello, I'm looking for a new mouse and keyboard and I'm looking for some advice.

All the mice that I've had up to now have ended up having the double click problem, and it's extremely infuriating, so now I'm hoping to get a very durable mouse. The ones that fit that category are Logitech's G Pro series, at least going by the specified durability of 20-50 million clicks. Their prices are fairly close and I'll have to check them in the store myself to see which one fits me the best, but I'd like to know from the people who have used them, have you encountered any problems with them, be it the multi-click issue or something else?

As for the keyboard, I've absolutely no clue. I have been using a random low profile keyboard for around 10 years and I'm quite happy with it. I don't care about programmable keys and rgb, A mechanical one would be a massive plus and I'd prefer it to be low profile but it's not a necessity, and it my budget is around $100. So, what model would you recommend?

Thank you very much to everyone who reads all this, especially to those who also reply, much love to all of you!

G502 

any cherry mx keyboard there are no low profile ones i think though

is your budget 100 for both combined?

Get a board from Ducky, Leopold, Filco or CM.  Stay away from the heavily gaming oriented boards, they’ll charge you more for no reason.  Some (probably most) will exceed your $100 budget but it’s a worthwhile investment.

Stick with your mouse choice, Logitech is up there as one of the best mouse manufacturer.  If you run into any issues, Logitech’s RMA service is good.

4 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

no low profile ones i think though

There are low profile MX switches, I believe that they’re exclusive to Corsair at the moment.

20 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

G502 

any cherry mx keyboard there are no low profile ones i think though

is your budget 100 for both combined?

Did you mean that the g502 has multi-click problem, or were you recommending it? My budget is around $200 for both and I'll look into the cherry mx boards. Thank you!

15 hours ago, Ethan_ said:

Get a board from Ducky, Leopold, Filco or CM.  Stay away from the heavily gaming oriented boards, they’ll charge you more for no reason.  Some (probably most) will exceed your $100 budget but it’s a worthwhile investment.

Stick with your mouse choice, Logitech is up there as one of the best mouse manufacturer.  If you run into any issues, Logitech’s RMA service is good.

There are low profile MX switches, I believe that they’re exclusive to Corsair at the moment.

Out of those 4 there are only Cooler Master keyboards here and many are just under $100, so I'll look into them. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, GreenMadman said:

My budget is around $200 for both

What is the main use for them? Gaming? If so what types of games?

Logitech is generally good in terms of quality.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

What is the main use for them? Gaming? If so what types of games?

Logitech is generally good in terms of quality.

Gaming, programming and general use. Games are mostly rpgs, very few fps games so I guess not too many clicking. And as for programming, a fair amount of typing. Yeah, that's why I want Logitech specifically. The other mice pretty much start having the double click problem in between 6 months to a year which progresses to triple or more, and I really want to avoid that. Admittedly they weren't high quality mice, but I don't think they were cheap garbage ones either.

Just now, GreenMadman said:

Gaming, programming and general use. Games are mostly rpgs, very few fps games so I guess not too many clicking. And as for programming, a fair amount of typing. Yeah, that's why I want Logitech specifically. The other mice pretty much start having the double click problem in between 6 months to a year which progresses to triple or more, and I really want to avoid that. Admittedly they weren't high quality mice, but I don't think they were cheap garbage ones either.

For mouse, I'd say the G502 is a pretty good choice, G403 is also good, if you want something more ergonomic. The MX Master is also quite good (more so for general use/programming than gaming)

For keyboards, I'm not sure, but I haven't had any issues with my Corsair keyboard.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

12 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

For mouse, I'd say the G502 is a pretty good choice, G403 is also good, if you want something more ergonomic. The MX Master is also quite good (more so for general use/programming than gaming)

For keyboards, I'm not sure, but I haven't had any issues with my Corsair keyboard.

My choices were the G403, G502, and G Pro. Never considered the MX Master but I'll check it out, it costs the same as the Pro. Sadly there aren't any Corsair peripherals here so I can't check them myself. Thank you for the advice!

20 minutes ago, GreenMadman said:

My choices were the G403, G502, and G Pro. Never considered the MX Master but I'll check it out, it costs the same as the Pro. Sadly there aren't any Corsair peripherals here so I can't check them myself. Thank you for the advice!

The G Pro is also really good, but it's mostly aimed at FPS players. I have both the G Pro and the G502, personally I prefer the Pro, but I play a lot of FPSs. The G502 is a good "middle ground" mouse, good for gaming, but also has lots of buttons for everyday use n stuff.

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The G502 is a good "middle ground" mouse, good for gaming, but also has lots of buttons for everyday use n stuff.

Exactly. I use one, it's the perfect middle ground between a pure fps mouse and the "12 bazillion buttons and the kitchen sink too" RPG focused mice. If you're a hardcore FPS player the buttons will get in the way and make the mouse heavier, but if you play a variety of games the extra buttons come in handy (I use mine for weapon swaps and the class ability in Destiny 2 and my favorite abilities whenever I play an RPG). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, GreenMadman said:

Did you mean that the g502 has multi-click problem, or were you recommending it? My budget is around $200 for both and I'll look into the cherry mx boards. Thank you!

Out of those 4 there are only Cooler Master keyboards here and many are just under $100, so I'll look into them. Thank you!

im recommending it

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The G Pro is also really good, but it's mostly aimed at FPS players. I have both the G Pro and the G502, personally I prefer the Pro, but I play a lot of FPSs. The G502 is a good "middle ground" mouse, good for gaming, but also has lots of buttons for everyday use n stuff.

1 hour ago, Zando Bob said:

Exactly. I use one, it's the perfect middle ground between a pure fps mouse and the "12 bazillion buttons and the kitchen sink too" RPG focused mice. If you're a hardcore FPS player the buttons will get in the way and make the mouse heavier, but if you play a variety of games the extra buttons come in handy (I use mine for weapon swaps and the class ability in Destiny 2 and my favorite abilities whenever I play an RPG). 

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

im recommending it

The lack of buttons on the Pro is kind of a plus for me since I don't use any of them anyway, but if I had them maybe I'd start using them. The things I need to check about it is how it fits in my hand and if it's too light. The G502 is very silimar to my previous mouse, excluding the programmable buttons so I guess you could call it my default option. Big thanks to all of you!