SHOW OFF your Audio gear

theonlyratatoskr
2 minutes ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

Boys and girls, show me your set-ups!!

Of course I'm not watching Big Bang... I'm hard at work with my music production...

646238341_IMG_23672.thumb.jpg.0de7c24946430a9302be798b6c0a9d7f.jpg

Don't really have any pics ATM, But running a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 803 D3 loudspeakers, and a Mcintosh MA9000, and possibly two mono power amplifiers soon to bi-amp. And a schiit yggdrasil dac and SME Model 15 turntable, with an SME 309 tonearm and Clearaudio essence MC cartridge. Sounds pretty good. Just need to upgrade the phono pre-amp.. still not decided :/

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

10 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Don't really have any pics ATM, But running a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 803 D3 loudspeakers, and a Mcintosh MA9000, and possibly two mono power amplifiers soon to bi-amp. And a schiit yggdrasil dac and SME Model 15 turntable, with an SME 309 tonearm and Clearaudio essence MC cartridge. Sounds pretty good. Just need to upgrade the phono pre-amp.. still not decided :/

Sounds fun!! Put a pic when you get a chance!! :D

1 minute ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

Sounds fun!! Put a pic when you get a chance!! :D

I'll have to take one when i get home. I'm in wales right now so :)

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Be that as it may, but I was going for Audio specific, hency why I posted in the Audio subforum :)

13 hours ago, vogelspinnen said:

DSC_0416.jpg.42c44215ae552dfbfbcddaf58c6e98b7.jpgDSC_0308.jpg.3b803ec511cc1ebc0c4a736fb3c20888.jpg

This is my recently completed surround build, I love the Dynaudios so much now I am actually contemplating swapping the rear speakers out for them too....

Been wanting to get a pair of dynaudio's in my setup to give them a listen, just worried i'll like them too much then have another call from the bank asking if i made another expensive purchase.. ._.

These are probably my proudest acquisition imo every audiophile should have a pair of KC's 75's so cheap but so good literally the king Of price to performance

20181114_213354.jpg

I will be back in a bit, I'm replacing my much beloved KRK Rokit5 G3's with a soundbar, a Philips Fidelio HTL9100 to be precise. I am sacrificing sound quality, but hopefully not too much since it's a Philips Fidelio soundbar after all, because I simply have no space on my desk. The two speakers really take up a fair bit of space on my desk so they'll have to go. Meanwhile, to maintain my audiophile (wannabe) creds, I'll be using my iFi Micro iDSD Black Label and my various headphones for more critical listening. ANother reason for me to go with a soundbar is, I wanna use the excellent built-in sound on my X570 mobo, the fatal flaw of the Rokit5 G3 is that it's susceptible to EM interference, and I think my new rig does generate a fair bit of EM because I get a good amount of distortions, crackles and humming when I tried hooking up my Rokit5's to my mobo's audio.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

5 hours ago, GamerDude said:

to maintain my audiophile (wannabe) creds

Haha that's great ^

Never heard of that iFi unit, looks badass.

And, I'm sure you'll enjoy the soundbar! Let us know how it is once you have it all set up, dude!! ? 

12 hours ago, rice guru said:

KC's 75

Interesting, never heard of these either! Though definitely biased and not a flat frequency response, it looks like someone converted a SM57 diaphragm into a headphone's diaphragm from the frequency response graph, edit below. :D Can you compare them to anything else? I've always hated those kinds of over-ear earbuds but if you like 'em so much it'll be for good reason.

1.PNG.bb9364b22cc3877ac8230ccde39472b8.PNG

15 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Been wanting to get a pair of dynaudio's in my setup to give them a listen, just worried i'll like them too much then have another call from the bank asking if i made another expensive purchase.. ._.

They really do sound great, and are possibly the best speakers for a space-constrained setup, but yes they are pricey! I got the Xeo 2 because they are a fair bit cheaper than the Xeo 10, but essentially the same in terms of performance.

6 hours ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

Interesting, never heard of these either! Though definitely biased and not a flat frequency response, it looks like someone converted a SM57 diaphragm into a headphone's diaphragm from the frequency response graph, edit below. :D Can you compare them to anything else? I've always hated those kinds of over-ear earbuds but if you like 'em so much it'll be for good reason.

1.PNG.bb9364b22cc3877ac8230ccde39472b8.PNG

They lean pretty neutral similar to a porta pro. But it's a bit warmer they are very comfy and are basically $15 open backs. For $15 you can't go wrong as they have the detail retention of much more expensive headphones and are just fun to mess around with. I know audiophiles with really expensive headphones have a collection of cheap Koss products most notably the portapros, ksc75's , and more recently the kph30i's they got so hyped the past month that they sold out on Canadian amazon and tripled in price. People love taking these headphones and putting yaxi pads on them to make them warmer. Someone described to me that KC's 75's they are like baby dt990 I can see where they are coming from but the highs and midbass are not pronounced enough. I would say they are like baby dt880. But don't expect the same level of headphone detail retention wise but like the 880 there is a small emphasis on midbass and the highs but the KSC 75's highs roll off pretty early.

21 minutes ago, Sil3nt1 said:

JBL 305P mkII w/ M-Stage HPA3U+ amp/dac upgraded capacitors

20190611_175559.jpg

are those 990 limited editions or dt 1990?

12 minutes ago, Sil3nt1 said:

JBL 305P mkII w/ M-Stage HPA3U+ amp/dac upgraded capacitors

Nice. I actually always wanted those speaker stands for isolation.

It's the little things haha

8 hours ago, vogelspinnen said:

They really do sound great, and are possibly the best speakers for a space-constrained setup, but yes they are pricey! I got the Xeo 2 because they are a fair bit cheaper than the Xeo 10, but essentially the same in terms of performance.

Apparently the xeo 10 dont feel all to premium and have bluetooth issues, so I think you got a pretty good set. I'm not exactly a virgin to high end audio so.. But I've got so much expensive audio stuff, but i really want to give Dynaudio's a listen. Enjoy them. :)

On 8/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, rice guru said:

These are probably my proudest acquisition imo every audiophile should have a pair of KC's 75's so cheap but so good literally the king Of price to performance

20181114_213354.jpg

Yeah, that or the koss porta pro (which I am listening to now)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

Yeah, that or the koss porta pro (which I am listening to now)

Have you put yaxi pads on them yet?

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Have you put yaxi pads on them yet?

No, do they make them better?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

No, do they make them better?

According to people make them more comfy and makes them slightly warmer sound wise

Just now, rice guru said:

According to people make them more comfy and makes them slightly warmer sound wise

Idk, I feel like they are already comfy, and warm like  hd650

1 minute ago, spwath said:

Idk, I feel like they are already comfy, and warm like  hd650

People claim it makes them more detailed , or reducing veil. Personally haven't tried it but it's a pretty cheap mod

Have to do some major cleanup and cable management, will be back in a day or two with a pic or two. I've decided to use my OPPO HA-1 instead of the iFi Micro iDSD BL since I have a little more space after removing the speakers. Not dissing the iFi in any way, it's a damn good DAC combo, but prefer my HA-1 because it has a 4 pin Balanced headphone out and I have a number of cans, or cables, that can run Balanced. That includes my modded Denon Ah-D7000 + Lawton Angled Pads and my ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000. The iFi will go to my 2nd rig instead....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2