SSD TIER LIST

VEXICUS
On 11/10/2023 at 1:26 AM, penguino said:

P5 Plus is decent as long as it's cheap.

It's not on the list. It should be between D and E-tier, probably the latter.

E. Cheap, DRAM-less, QLC based drive. I'd avoid.

thanks, id say its okej for gaming

What place would the hynix SC300 512gb go on the list?

Has this list not been updated in over a year?  I see in Tier A the Samsung 980 Pro.  Where is the 990 Pro?

On 8/9/2019 at 2:17 AM, VEXICUS said:

Neo Forza - NFP455 (Phison E26)

I came looking for the NFP445 but only found this. I cannot find the 455 on NF's website, but the 445 is there. In fact, the only places I find the 455 are in reviews, which makes me think it's a typo.

Interestingly, on the NF page I linked to, the 455 is in the chart - just nowhere else.

image.thumb.png.d3a49d8cce90bb1f6e9946422dc580cf.png

Is it worth paying $42 for the Neo Forza NFP445 1TB?  Everything else in that range is either not listed or low on the tier list. It's going to be the Windows boot drive.

Also, for a SATA SSD, for large file storage, what would you recommend? I'm building a PC for my niece who's into graphic arts.

Finally, which reviewers do you consider to be the most reliable, accurate and trustworthy for SSD reviews?

Thanks!

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 3:26 AM, VEXICUS said:

Don't worry, I'll update it.

Hi can you include Crucial T500 to the list?

I noticed that ADATA Ultimate SU650 now has a blue-white instead of a green-black sticker, is there also a change in its specification? Has anyone bought one recently to comment about its performance?

7 hours ago, testcy said:

I noticed that ADATA Ultimate SU650 now has a blue-white instead of a green-black sticker, is there also a change in its specification? Has anyone bought one recently to comment about its performance?

It uses an entry-level Realtek controller and Hynix V7 (176L) flash: https://www.techpowerup.com/ssd-specs/adata-ultimate-su650-240-gb.d1678.

47 minutes ago, testcy said:

I think the above information is about the 240GB and I am interested in the 480GB.

They tend to have the same hardware although there’s much bait-and-switch in this kind of drives. 

• 1 month later...

Where is WD Blue SN580? What joke is this list?

9 hours ago, manyones said:

Why don't you try to keep a list of hundreds or even thousands of devices without being advised by all manufacturers, then research them, and see how hard it is?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Why don't you try to keep a list of hundreds or even thousands of devices without being advised by all manufacturers, then research them, and see how hard it is?

Well said.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

18 hours ago, RevGAM said:

lol, the SSD I ask about is one I can buy everywhere while most of what was 'researched' and put on this list, I cannot.

5 hours ago, manyones said:

lol, the SSD I ask about is one I can buy everywhere while most of what was 'researched' and put on this list, I cannot.

Again, try to maintain a list like this. You'll soon understand how hard it is. 

On 1/30/2024 at 4:51 AM, manyones said:

I guess Tier C-Tier E.

Major update coming soon

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

• 1 month later...

I have a W_D black m.2 ssd, didnt see that on the list

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core Processor

Memory: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4

SSD: WD_BLACK SN770 1TB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12G oc

Motherboard: Asus Prime B-450 A2