Can I connect a fan header to my mother board then another fan connected to the first fans molex cable?

mquin
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

That molex connector is like not 'power out'.

Get a couple fan headed splitter cables to run two fans off one slot (you can possibly run even more than two on one headed, but just double check the amp going through those headers and the amount your fans use).

I have multiple fans and I have ran out of space on my motherboard so I’m asking is it possible to connect one fan to the motherboard then connect the other fan to the one connected to the motherboard to power it.

That molex connector is like not 'power out'.

Get a couple fan headed splitter cables to run two fans off one slot (you can possibly run even more than two on one headed, but just double check the amp going through those headers and the amount your fans use).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Don't ever use both molex and fan connector. That will fry out fan, and in worst case also mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv