"White and Disc-less Xbox One Consoles Rumoured"

TopWargamer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/white-and-disc-less-xbox-one-consoles-rumoured-for-retail?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/29/5359540/xbox-one-dashboard-update-white-console-release-date

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

Microsoft is reportedly working to bring a range of different Xbox One models to market, including its white employee-only one, along with disc-less and 1TB hard drive versions.

The report comes from an alleged insider on NeoGAF, though The Verge has been able to verify elements of the claims independently.

Well, I'm glad that Microsoft is recognizing the move to downloadable games, and that they're going to start selling their white Xbox One. What's even cooler is that they're including a 1TB HDD, but what would be even better is if they made the hard drive more easily accessible for upgradeability. But still though, no Blu-Ray drive now, that is actually a selling point for some people. I mean, I do realize that the current Xbone will still be available for sale, but the current version still only has a 500GB HDD.

I dunno, I mean it is a good thing that they're gonna come out with a 1TB version, but still though, no Blu-Ray. Oh well.

Thoughts on this?

COMIC SANS

Yey! Colored potatos! Can I get mine in Potato color?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

For a second I saw white and d**k-less xbox...

This should look actually cool.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

i think its just microsoft trying to get the last drops of money out of the console  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Will Microsoft allow for gamers to EASILY (keyword here) to upgrade drives on their own?

No?  Because they're Microsoft?

Okay...

*goes back to PC and other consoles...*

I'm totally down for the discless version if the HDD can be upgraded easily like the PS3 and PS4 (meaning, WITHOUT voiding warranty).

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

i think its just microsoft trying to get the last drops of money out of the console  

Didn't realize the Xbox One was EOL already.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/white-and-disc-less-xbox-one-consoles-rumoured-for-retail?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/29/5359540/xbox-one-dashboard-update-white-console-release-date

Well, I'm glad that Microsoft is recognizing the move to downloadable games, and that they're going to start selling their white Xbox One. What's even cooler is that they're including a 1TB HDD, but what would be even better is if they made the hard drive more easily accessible for upgradeability. But still though, no Blu-Ray drive now, that is actually a selling point for some people. I mean, I do realize that the current Xbone will still be available for sale, but the current version still only has a 500GB HDD.

I dunno, I mean it is a good thing that they're gonna come out with a 1TB version, but still though, no Blu-Ray. Oh well.

Thoughts on this?

I'm not glad, it almost certainly translates to less revenue for physical game shops on high streets, in the UK our main game retailer (imaginatively called GAME) sells things like Steam Codes so people can buy downloads in stores, I imagine they'll do the same with Xbox One Downloads if permitted. But at the end of the day it raises the point, why go to a store to buy a digital product you can get in seconds online.

As much as I like convineance and effecientcy in technology I do enjoy browsing a physical collection of games and picking a physical product which I can talk about with the shop assistants before buying, then go home and play.

I'm not too sure about Disc-Less. If you want to download a game from their store, I believe it's Full price(There was an article a while ago saying Xbox One games costed more in a digital format, don't know if that changed). It would be cool if they were like Sony and offered free and discounted games if you have a Play+ membership.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I think the disc - less version could be a very bad idea. I can see many parents going into stores to buy their kid a xbone and picking up the disc - less one as it will be cheaper, not realising the difference. This can be a problem as many people still don't have fast enough braudband to download full games and many still have download limits.

NZXT Phantom, i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz, Noctua NH-C-14, ASUS P8Z77-V

EVGA 780 Classy, 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz

120GB SSD, 2x 1TB WD Black (RAID 0), CM Silent Pro 700W, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit.

Only a fool would consider buying this.

You eliminate your ability to buy used games, games that are discounted post release, and also your ability to trade your games back in. RETARDED. MS is still trying to push their DRM practice, only instead of sticking up there all the way, they're giving you the tip first and telling you it'll feel good. Pffftttt

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

If the discless version comes with the 1TB drive and is prced at $399 I MIGHT consider it. Might...

Only a fool would consider buying this.

You eliminate your ability to buy used games, games that are discounted post release, and also your ability to trade your games back in. RETARDED. MS is still trying to push their DRM practice, only instead of sticking up there all the way, they're giving you the tip first and telling you it'll feel good. Pffftttt

As someone who doesn't care at all about physical copies of games I would be all over it. Unless you are buying from private sellers used games are a terrible value compared to just buying new and MS has stated that they are looking into more ways to be competitive with retail stores. Microsoft does have some pretty good sales already, but if they can find a way to work with publishers to get games to drop digital prices more often or maybe follow Sony's route and allow Amazon to be a 3rd party code seller then I think they could really start to justify the existance of a disc-less console. However, I don't think this year would be the right time for it. They already confirmed that they're doing a 1TB console this year and if they launch a white version that is 3 SKUs already in the market, adding a 4th this year just seems like a terrible idea. Next year though, that might not be bad.

Why give people less choice. It doesn't make any sense although with that kind of thinking why would you even get a console when you have no choice in the hardware.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Why give people less choice. It doesn't make any sense although with that kind of thinking why would you even get a console when you have no choice in the hardware.

There are people who just don't care about or don't want physical copies of games. I'd counter your point with: If the option is there what is the point in buying a console with a disc drive I will most likely never use? It is obviously not something for everyone and I'm not saying MS should force people to get that version, but I think it has merit as an option for people. I also think they should do a $399 SKU without the Kinect, or even a $349 SKU without the Kinect or a disc drive. I wouldn't mind seeing Sony do a disc-less SKU as well. Giving people that choice isn't a bad thing. I haven't used a disc drive in my computer in over a year, I've gone completely digital there and the vast majority of my console titles are already digital.

There are people who just don't care about or don't want physical copies of games. I'd counter your point with: If the option is there what is the point in buying a console with a disc drive I will most likely never use? It is obviously not something for everyone and I'm not saying MS should force people to get that version, but I think it has merit as an option for people. I also think they should do a $399 SKU without the Kinect, or even a $349 SKU without the Kinect or a disc drive. I wouldn't mind seeing Sony do a disc-less SKU as well. Giving people that choice isn't a bad thing. I haven't used a disc drive in my computer in over a year, I've gone completely digital there and the vast majority of my console titles are already digital.

If it was cheaper than I would be ok with it but I doubt it will be. I would like to see a few versions of the XBone. One that doesn't have kinect, one controller and a larger HDD say 2TB. But I wouldn't even think of buying a console because I'm a member of the PCMasterRace.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I assume the disc-less Xbox one will also still be HD-less as well right? As in can't play games at 1080p.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

If it was cheaper than I would be ok with it but I doubt it will be. I would like to see a few versions of the XBone. One that doesn't have kinect, one controller and a larger HDD say 2TB. But I wouldn't even think of buying a console because I'm a member of the PCMasterRace.

Well the rumor/leak says the disc-less version would be $399, so if that is true then it is cheaper. I wouldn't buy a disc-less version if it was the same price as the normal one either. I like having my gaming PC and consoles, I like games reguardless of the platform they are on.

Thoughts on this?

The installs timesa re horrid on xbox one

Well the rumor/leak says the disc-less version would be $399, so if that is true then it is cheaper. I wouldn't buy a disc-less version if it was the same price as the normal one either. I like having my gaming PC and consoles, I like games reguardless of the platform they are on.

Sorry I said something terrible. There is only one game I will play that is on a console and that is Pokemon. All other console games are crap in my opinion. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

The installs timesa re horrid on xbox one

They're pretty bad on the PS4 as well. For some reason they both went with blu-ray drives that have low read speads. Combine that with having to install 20-50GBs worth of data for every single game it equals slow install times.

They're pretty bad on the PS4 as well. For some reason they both went with blu-ray drives that have low read speads. Combine that with having to install 20-50GBs worth of data for every single game it equals slow install times.

The ps4 is actually marginally fast I think three times faster but I'll have to test again to make sure