im newbie pls help . is this motherboard good for ryzen 5 3600 OC? also ram 3200mhz?

Go to solution Solved by Vejnemojnen,

Save some money. Cheapest options for DECENT AM4 motherboards:

Asrock B450M Pro4 (mATX) | Asrock B450 Pro4 (ATX)

MSI B450M Gaming Plus (mATX) | MSI B450 A-Pro (ATX)

MSI B450M Bazooka V2 (mATX)

I'd consider these the BARE MINIMUM for six core CPU.

i want to buy motherboard for my RYZEN 5 3600 , my ram ADATA DDR4 XPG SPECTRIX D40 PC25600 3200MHz 16GB , and PSU CORSAIR CX550W

choice 1 : ASROCK B450M-HDV R4.0

choice 2 : MSI B450M Pro-M2 V2

budget option

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Both are not good. For over locking you want a B450 Tomahawk or B450 Strix.

If you run at stock then an ASRock B450 pro4

too expensive :(((

Just now, CaptainHabib said:

too expensive :(((

Then you may want to compromise with over locking and look at a B450 Pro4 or the likes.

14 minutes ago, CaptainHabib said:

i want to buy motherboard for my RYZEN 5 3600 , my ram ADATA DDR4 XPG SPECTRIX D40 PC25600 3200MHz 16GB , and PSU CORSAIR CX550W

choice 1 : ASROCK B450M-HDV R4.0

choice 2 : MSI B450M Pro-M2 V2

budget option

You can use it, yes it is compatible. But I'd advise an x470chipset if you want to use the same motherboard down the road cuz a higher quality board will last longer :)

• CPU
    r5 5600x
  • Motherboard
    Arous b550 pro ac v1
  • RAM
    Tcreate 32gb ddr4 3600 cl18
  • GPU
    1660 super
  • Storage
    SN570 1tb
  • PSU
    Corsair CX750
  • Audio
    Lots of chi-fi iems
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 (lastest)

13 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Then you may want to compromise with over locking and look at a B450 Pro4 or the likes.

what cost if i still take that 2 mobo and oc?

13 minutes ago, 8lec said:

You can use it, yes it is compatible. But I'd advise an x470chipset if you want to use the same motherboard down the road cuz a higher quality board will last longer :)

too expensive mate

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

55 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

how about gigabyte? what type?

57 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You get hot Vrms and severe throttling.

thanks man

yeah asrock b450 pro 4 both ATX or mAtx. offer decent quality for lower price.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

2 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

yeah asrock b450 pro 4 both ATX or mAtx. offer decent quality for lower price.

i can overclock my ram and proc safety and stable?

1 minute ago, CaptainHabib said:

i can overclock my ram and proc safety and stable?

yeah sure. for the b450 list.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

23 minutes ago, CaptainHabib said:

how about gigabyte? what type?

Overpriced, BIOS generally chaotic and limited. They look good, but otherwise not on pair with MSI. Same for budget ASUS. 

You pay for the brand, not for the features and quallity 

1 hour ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Just wondering what you think about the Asus Prime B450 Plus Board :o 

4 minutes ago, C17H23NO2 said:

Just wondering what you think about the Asus Prime B450 Plus Board :o 

I'd leave the answer to the professionals, who actually analyzed and tested the boards, made thorough review of available tests (sort of meta-analysis)

According to them, it's kind of. Very LowEnd. And that's a general consensus even in my country. Recommended to avoid.

2 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

I'd leave the answer to the professionals, who actually analyzed and tested the boards, made thorough review of available tests (sort of meta-analysis)

According to them, it's kind of. Very LowEnd. And that's a general consensus even in my country. Recommended to avoid.

Okay o.o , was just wondering cause I am actually using this board with a 2600 ryzen with some nice OC, and havent had any problems at all. Thought it is something in the mid range to good corner :'D 

7 minutes ago, C17H23NO2 said:

Okay o.o , was just wondering cause I am actually using this board with a 2600 ryzen with some nice OC, and havent had any problems at all. Thought it is something in the mid range to good corner :'D 

Simple. Ryzen CPU-s have very little OC potential, and Mobo bios usually does not allow ridiculous voltages. So even with a few hundred Mhz OC& 1.35-1.4V voltage, there won't be too serious heat issues with VRM. Especially not in well ventilated, breezy cases. 

IMHO.

Like someone said above, there isn't much you are going to gain from overclocking a 3600 anyway, if anything depending on what are doing. If your budget is super tight get the cheapest motherboard that will support it, install the newest bios, set it do defaults and just use the computer. Don't bother poking around and trying to change stuff, just let it do its thing.

Also keep in mind if you get a cheaper board and/or a board that doesn't have bios flashback or something similar you are going to have an older ryzen cpu to install the new bios for it to work with a 3000 series cpu. Unless you can get the seller to flash it for you before they ship it, which they will probably charge a small fee to do.

Also, buying the cheapest motherboard you can get and trying to overlcock isn't normally the best idea. Not that it can't be done, it just isn't the greatest idea. Kind of like when I got a cheap 50cc scooter and hopped it all up. It worked, its slightly faster. Instead of doing 30-35 mph it does 40-45 mph and is quicker off the start. To get it there I had to put a 80cc bore up kit on it, new carb, new intake, re jet and tune it and put different springs and weights in the variator. The end result is it is still slower than anything else that is a step up from it and it never runs right lol. Money, time, effort and I pushed it to the point where it isn't reliable anymore. Not that those cheap scooters are reliable to begin with, and I just made it worse. And the sad thing is an XL 75 honda from the 70's will still leave me in the dust. Does that make any sense?

10 hours ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Simple. Ryzen CPU-s have very little OC potential, and Mobo bios usually does not allow ridiculous voltages. So even with a few hundred Mhz OC& 1.35-1.4V voltage, there won't be too serious heat issues with VRM. Especially not in well ventilated, breezy cases. 

IMHO.

My case is 7 years old, has not even a real intake at the front and only one out :'D I am amazed by the temperatures I get and look forward to the situation when having a new case. 
Running my 2600 @ 4.1 ghz (1.33V)  with gaming temps around 60-ish °C. I can recommend that board. 

5 hours ago, C17H23NO2 said:

My case is 7 years old, has not even a real intake at the front and only one out :'D I am amazed by the temperatures I get and look forward to the situation when having a new case. 
Running my 2600 @ 4.1 ghz (1.33V)  with gaming temps around 60-ish °C. I can recommend that board. 

what case what board?

8 hours ago, paulmohr said:

Like someone said above, there isn't much you are going to gain from overclocking a 3600 anyway, if anything depending on what are doing. If your budget is super tight get the cheapest motherboard that will support it, install the newest bios, set it do defaults and just use the computer. Don't bother poking around and trying to change stuff, just let it do its thing.

Also keep in mind if you get a cheaper board and/or a board that doesn't have bios flashback or something similar you are going to have an older ryzen cpu to install the new bios for it to work with a 3000 series cpu. Unless you can get the seller to flash it for you before they ship it, which they will probably charge a small fee to do.

Also, buying the cheapest motherboard you can get and trying to overlcock isn't normally the best idea. Not that it can't be done, it just isn't the greatest idea. Kind of like when I got a cheap 50cc scooter and hopped it all up. It worked, its slightly faster. Instead of doing 30-35 mph it does 40-45 mph and is quicker off the start. To get it there I had to put a 80cc bore up kit on it, new carb, new intake, re jet and tune it and put different springs and weights in the variator. The end result is it is still slower than anything else that is a step up from it and it never runs right lol. Money, time, effort and I pushed it to the point where it isn't reliable anymore. Not that those cheap scooters are reliable to begin with, and I just made it worse. And the sad thing is an XL 75 honda from the 70's will still leave me in the dust. Does that make any sense?

yea i see ryzen 5 3600 stock and oc just little bit different little bit

1 hour ago, CaptainHabib said:

yea i see ryzen 5 3600 stock and oc just little bit different little bit

don't run those at stock. UNDERVOLT. I personally prefer fixed clock speed with fixed voltage, with some tinkering, you can get a bit better clock speeds with lower voltages, thus gaining performance with LESS HEAT GENERATED-->cooler CPU. UV&OC

AMD cpu-s sometimes run hot and overvolted out of the box. With fine-tuning, you can improve them a lot.