Cheapest and *First* Gaming PC build

This is actually my first time posting on a Forum, so here it goes...

I have been really into gaming lately and my current situation is not cutting it. Currently I am always watching out for members of my family trying to use the computer. Its not fun getting off in the middle of games due to someone needing this PC. Everyone has things to do on this family PC and everyone is more important.. soo.. i decided to upgrade to my own gaming setup. Im trying to get all of my parts as cheap as possible and to save as much money. (student+un-supportive parents).

The current build situation is:
Case: RaidMax-DirkTooth         ~this is like an 8 year old case, that im hoping will work.  (got at garage sale w/ PSU for 40 bucks)

PSU: OCZ 600w                       ~garage sale find (unmodular) :C

Proccesor: Ryzen 5 1600        ~cheapest am4 proccesor in my budget, planning to upgrade to the ryzen 3rd gen with bios update (comes with cooler) 

GPU: RX 580 armor                 ~ for an 108$ rx 580 on ebay that i am having trouble buying. 

MOBO: ASrock x370 killer        ~ cheap am4 motherboard that allows overclocking and has wifi/bluetooth (i think)

RAM: G-Skill Aegis 8GB           ~cheapest 3000mhz ram that can go in my budget (can easilly buy a second w/ the money ill earn)

Hard Drive: WD Blue 1T          ~cheapest hard drive that i could find

Can you guys help me out if i missed anything or help me with the eBay issue?

I ordered once, and after a few hours it says my order was canceled due to an incorrect postal address, when i tried again, it said i couldn't use this card and that i have to use pay pal or a diff credit card. 

I really need some wisdom with this build. i have no idea how its going to turn out. HELP.

3 minutes ago, UkrainianDennis said:

-snip-

First of all, an SSD wouldn't cost much more, and would make a big difference.

Second, the Ryzen 3 2200G is cheaper, if that's your first priority.

Third, it might be worth your while to get a new PSU. It's not common, but when PSUs fail, they can damage other components in the system.

Other than that, seems good.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

9 minutes ago, UkrainianDennis said:

I have been really into gaming lately and my current situation is not cutting it. Currently I am always watching out for members of my family trying to use the computer. Its not fun getting off in the middle of games due to someone needing this PC. Everyone has things to do on this family PC and everyone is more important.. soo.. i decided to upgrade to my own gaming setup. Im trying to get all of my parts as cheap as possible and to save as much money. (student+un-supportive parents).

Case: RaidMax-DirkTooth         ~this is like an 8 year old case, that im hoping will work.  (got at garage sale w/ PSU for 40 bucks)

Proccesor: Ryzen 5 1600        ~cheapest am4 proccesor in my budget, planning to upgrade to the ryzen 3rd gen with bios update (comes with cooler) 

GPU: RX 580 armor                 ~ for an 108$ rx 580 on ebay that i am having trouble buying. 

MOBO: ASrock x370 killer        ~ cheap am4 motherboard that allows overclocking and has wifi/bluetooth (i think)

RAM: G-Skill Aegis 8GB           ~cheapest 3000mhz ram that can go in my budget (can easilly buy a second w/ the money ill earn)

I ordered once, and after a few hours it says my order was canceled due to an incorrect postal address, when i tried again, it said i couldn't use this card and that i have to use pay pal or a diff credit card. 

I really need some wisdom with this build. i have no idea how its going to turn out. HELP.

Build it, it'll turn out to be a great build.

I'll recommend to get a ssd. SSDs are pretty cheap these days.

Also, That psu should be fine for a 1600+580, though there might be many people on the forum disagreeing with me on this.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

6 minutes ago, Lord Mirdalan said:

First of all, an SSD wouldn't cost much more, and would make a big difference.

1TB HDD > 120/250GB SSD

14 minutes ago, UkrainianDennis said:

Get a good PSU. If that thing goes, half of the system could go with it.

Consider using Aliexpress too, usually cheaper than ebay.

Get an SSD too.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, Aimi said:

No

You can only fit 1-3 games on that small SSD.

Just now, pizapower said:

You can only fit 1-3 games on that small SSD.

Sure, but running windows on a hard drive is a bad time.

You could wait for hard drives to go on sale, and add one later.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

I don't mind long loadtimes. But I do want a reliable system. The PSU that I got is like 2 year old according to the seller. I might look into getting a better one.

11 hours ago, UkrainianDennis said:

I don't mind long loadtimes. But I do want a reliable system. The PSU that I got is like 2 year old according to the seller. I might look into getting a better one.

It's not just load times. The responsiveness and stability of the system will be affected by the drive.

Main rig: 

unRAID server:

FreeNAS server:

HTPC:

13 hours ago, UkrainianDennis said:

480GB SSD would be a better option than 1TB HDD.... similar prices. 

Obviously 1TB HDD/120GB SSD would be best option.

Swap out the PSU, it's likely one of their bad models.....

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Welp. I already orderd all of my items. Once i have a budget again, ill make sure to upgrade the power supply and get an ssd.

Does anyone know any good SSD brands or links?

1 hour ago, UkrainianDennis said:

Welp. I already orderd all of my items. Once i have a budget again, ill make sure to upgrade the power supply and get an ssd.

An SSD is $20. Just get it now. You'll save a lot of hassle later.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VqgzK8/crucial-bx500-120gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct120bx500ssd1

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

On 7/31/2019 at 12:08 AM, pizapower said:

1TB HDD > 120/250GB SSD

Not if it's just a gaming build. 240GB is more than enough to install a handfull of your most played, and then you can cycle through lesser played titles as you complete them.

21 hours ago, UkrainianDennis said:

I have done my share of trying out low cost units. So far the SiliconePower or Crucial units are the preference, though the difference between them and the Kingston one I've got is miniscule.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you all know, all went well. Thank you so much for your guys's help. I was able to build my pc with no hiccups or problems. The only thing i had to do was revive the 10 year old case fans. XD