Is there a way to run Windows 7/8.1/10 on Android? (Linus Tech Tips)

1 minute ago, youself said:

Is there a way to run Windows 7/8.1/10 on Android? Limbo PC Emulator is a very slow pc emulator and tried it.

Like Quora Quesiton: https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-way-to-run-Windows-7-8-1-10-on-Android

Isn't android ARM only?  And windows (other than windows RT) is X86/64?  Or am I confusing some of that.....

If you can get a copy of windows for ARM then technically with the correct CPU. But it would only be windows 10 and im unshure if 64-bit is enabled. 

windows generally runs on X86 CPU’s, and android uses ARM. If you had an ARM CPU that is in one of the windows ARM laptops you might be able to find a way to get it working .

Qemu can emulate hardware, I believe it was used with WINE to run x86 Windows applications on a pi, slow as hell though.

What about remote desktop, its not exactly 'running' on android but it should let you use windows on a phone.

This has been up now and then. I think I remember reading that there's Win10 ARM version either in works or somewhat usable. But nope on others. They would be slow either way as they are optimized for desktop hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Doesn't windows 10 already run on snapdragon socs? I don't see why not. Processor are in the end, just processor. They all crunch numbers the same. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 7/30/2019 at 11:46 AM, youself said:

Is there a way to run Windows 7/8.1/10 on Android? Limbo PC Emulator is a very slow pc emulator and tried it.

Like Quora Quesiton: https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-way-to-run-Windows-7-8-1-10-on-Android

Yes you can run any OS under Android OS. You can use a Virtual Machine software, as you mentioned, if your phone is powerful enough to handle the load or simply remote desktop to a PC that is running the OS of choice (assuming the OS of choice has remote capability).

For best performance, you want to run natively natively on the Android powered device.

If the boot loader is unlocked,  support the booting to a different OS (else it needs to be patched) then that is feasible as long as the phone has the OS recommended specs or better and the OS has all the drivers.

If you have a Intel or AMD powered Android device and everything is unlocked like a PC, then with great ease you can install Windows on it, and it would be like any other PC.

• 2 weeks later...

No, There is no way you can Run windows 10 on android other than the PC emulator because Android Doesn't Have x32/x64. It has something that runs on other than x32/x64.

On 7/30/2019 at 11:46 AM, youself said:

Win 7/8/10 requires a x86 based CPU. Most Android devices run on ARM processors, so I don't believe it is possible without emulation.

1 hour ago, AlarmComputerPerson98 said:

No, There is no way you can Run windows 10 on android other than the PC emulator because Android Doesn't Have x32/x64. It has something that runs on other than x32/x64.

Incorrect. There are Android for x86/x86-64. They are/were Intel powered CPUs devices with Android on.

Also, Microsoft has full Window 10 for ARM64 version.

People used that version to install Windows 10 on the Lumia 950/950 XL, OnePlus 6P, Nintendo Switch (lacks drivers), and Raspberry Pi 3.

The problem in general is lack of drivers, including touch screen and more importantly, the device is locked down to booting to Android.